Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#334629 08/18/07 11:43 AM
E
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
E
Hi - I'm checking to see if the forum is working OK. Anyone have any problems the last day or two?

Erika

Erika Krull
Siblings
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yes, the problem I have been having happened around 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. ... yesterday AND the day before. I can be in the middle of a post and everything just STOPS, or freezes. My screen goes back to "can't find the site" or something like that instead of posting my response or changing sites. I am just no longer SIGNED ON to Bella or on the site itself ... either to see the topics OR respond. The NAME - BELLA - itself is no longer visible. The only thing I see is the error page that says the site is no longer there (or some kind of explanation), with http and codes.

I can start a NEW window, sign on to BELLAONLINE and I will go to the regular forum site, where moderators have blurbs up for their sites. Once I have been frozen (or kicked) off the regular site, I can't sign back on to the forums this way, either. Yesterday, I had typed a response and was trying to SUBMIT it when everything just "locked" or froze. I tried numerous times and it never posted. I tried to change to a different topic, and the whole page AND site left, and was replaced with a "this site is no longer available or is offline" or something like that.

The main thing I wanted to point out is that it has happened to me, USUALLY, in the late afternoon and early evening and lasts 3 to 5 hours.

Trish

E
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
E
OK, I was having some trouble at the end of last week too. I know there have been some upgrades, but I'm not sure if every detail is worked out. The site owner is asking for feedback so that everything smooths out. I will make a link to this post so she can read your response. Could you tell me now if you've been having the same trouble since you posted on the 18th? Thanks so much for your feedback. Let me tell you, it's been tricky to work on the website as the editor, too! I think things are settling down, but I want the owner to know what you've been having trouble with. Thanks - Erika

Erika Krull
Siblings
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Erika, I usually get on in the morning and again in the late afternoon. My problems have usually been in the late afternoon and today was NO EXCEPTION. I signed on (around 4 p.m.) and was able to look at a post and then look at another post on THAT particular page, but when I tried to go to the previous page, I could not. I could not change topics, add a post, sign off or do anything. So, I left Bella, opened a new window and worked for a few hours. I tried to sign on a couple of times after that and the site would not open. Around 6 p.m., I was able to get back onto Bella, AND I WAS STILL SIGNED ON. So, that is a problem that I am STILL having. The weird thing is that even though I was kicked off and not able to do anything ON Bella, I was still signed on apparently.

Yesterday, Monday, I was on for an hour + and was answering a post when I was once again blocked. (I have learned to use EDIT and COPY/PASTE to save my work, since I have lost many longs posts through all of this). I worked in a different window for an hour + and was able to finish my post. This same problem happened Sunday night (or Monday morning at 1:30 or 2 a.m.). This are the kinds of problems I've been having ALMOST every day since last Thursday, when the notice went up that the update was finished.

To me, Erika, the update still has some glitches that definitely need to be worked out. wink By the way, I have cablespeed internet and there has been no problem with any other sites and my connection is immediate. Thanks for caring and asking and staying with the problem!

Trish

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Erika, I usually get on in the morning and again in the late afternoon. My problems have usually been in the late afternoon and today was NO EXCEPTION. I signed on (around 4 p.m.) and was able to look at a post and then look at another post on THAT particular page, but when I tried to go to the previous page, I could not. I could not change topics, add a post, sign off or do anything. So, I left Bella, opened a new window and worked for a few hours. I tried to sign on a couple of times after that and the site would not open. Around 6 p.m., I was able to get back onto Bella, AND I WAS STILL SIGNED ON. So, that is a problem that I am STILL having. The weird thing is that even though I was kicked off and not able to do anything ON Bella, I was still signed on apparently.

Yesterday, Monday, I was on for an hour + and was answering a post when I was once again blocked. (I have learned to use EDIT and COPY/PASTE to save my work, since I have lost many longs posts through all of this). I worked in a different window for an hour + and was able to finish my post. This same problem happened Sunday night (or Monday morning at 1:30 or 2 a.m.). This are the kinds of problems I've been having ALMOST every day since last Thursday, when the notice went up that the update was finished.

To me, Erika, the update still has some glitches that definitely need to be worked out. wink By the way, I have cablespeed internet and there has been no problem with any other sites and my connection is immediate. Thanks for caring and asking and staying with the problem!

Trish

I just tried to post this to you and got the following error message, which I am sending to you. It is 8:30p.m. and I did not lose the post (even though I HAD SAVED IT, in edit) smile

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Okay, I re-saved the entire post and then re-submitted and it WENT THROUGH. wink

Another problem that is kinda irritating is that once my post showed up, it shows that I AM NOT ONLINE. That is a problem that has been ONGOING since the last MAJOR update. I wrote about it back then, how hard it is to see who is actually online, since some online posters are not ACTIVE.

Trish

Last edited by babyquacker; 08/21/07 08:24 PM.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Erika, now that I reposted, I am seen as online. I don't know why this changes back and forth. wink Pretty weird, huh?

Trish

E
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
E
Wow - you have quite a situation there! I forwarded your problem on to the site owner (the original posts from the 18th), and I will forward this on to her as well. Sorry for all that trouble!

I am no computer expert, so I can't offer a whole lot here. I have not had trouble, personally, since the weekend. I don't know what is different about your computer/internet service/setup or whatever. Must something that doesn't like whatever Bella has on the forum!

Anyway, I'll forward this again and I hope your troubles improve. I just got a message yesterday from her updating everyone on the progress. Sounds like the hosting facility is still building a new place to move the forum to (??). Maybe that is the problem - the in-between place must not agree with your computer somehow?

Hang in there!
Erika

Erika Krull
Siblings
E
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
E
I have forwarded on your situation to our site owner. However, you may also get some assistance by checking above near the top of the page.

It says: "We have just upgraded the database to a new version. Please Contact Us if you find problems with this upgrade."

It might be worth a try.

Erika

Erika Krull
Siblings
E
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
E
Anybody having problems now? Trish, what about you?

Erika Krull
Siblings
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nina - Siblings 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.