Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
DPu Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
D
Calling me out are ya? Since you asked nicely, I'll tell. I am currently the back-up camera guy for Full Impact Pro wrestling based in Florida. That means I also set up the ring, put up things that need to be put up, move merch & clean up when the night is over. One weekend in May, I drove almost 1000 miles just for that weekend of shows. Needless to say my pay doesn't exactly fully cover those expenses either! But I'm definitely not complaining, if I didn't love it, I wouldn't do it. I've been doing this for FIP since June '06.

Since April, I've been an editor for Shimmer Women's Athletes dvds as well as Full Impact Pro dvds. The company I work for also does the editing for Ring of Honor. As of May, I'm an employee to ROH by doing an extra hard cam for their ppv tapings. It's all definitely a dream come true since I was a fan of ROH for 3 years & now I have this.

So I've been in the business for a year, & each month it's hell, but after I've gotten my 10 hours of sleep to catch up & let my body heal, I can't wait for the next weekend!

Last edited by DPu; 07/29/07 09:55 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
Hey,

Since I read ahead a few posts I know you are also "on the inside" I remember a time when it would have been impossible for me to do what we are doing. Now we're just going at it like any other business.

I'll let you all know when our shows are ready.

Originally Posted By: DPu
As far as your show goes, I look forward to it. Ricky knows his stuff. Of course they do it to get paid, but there are sooo many who put their bodies on the line w/o becoming millionaires in the process. Like Mick, some eventually do, but they love the business enough that they work through the hard times of riding in a car. Trust me, I know a tad of what they go through.

B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
Originally Posted By: DPu
Calling me out are ya? Since you asked nicely, I'll tell. I am currently the back-up camera guy for Full Impact Pro wrestling based in Florida. That means I also set up the ring, put up things that need to be put up, move merch & clean up when the night is over. One weekend in May, I drove almost 1000 miles just for that weekend of shows. Needless to say my pay doesn't exactly fully cover those expenses either! But I'm definitely not complaining, if I didn't love it, I wouldn't do it. I've been doing this for FIP since June '06.

So much fun isn't it?

B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
Originally Posted By: Tikus

BTW, Bob Brins (Is that a suedo name for Bob Briggins? Just Asking, I remember that guy from the 80's).

Tik'

Nope. My Name is Bob Brinsfield. And my involvement doesn't go back to the 80's. I've been involved for one year. Still very small fish in a big pond. I'm now 1/3rd owner of Loco Wrestling though. Once the school is open we're gonna be going full guns. I also setup/tear down clean up..run the cameras..etc..

Gecko
Gecko
DPU, BOB, Best of Luck to both of you. Even at the involvement levels you guys are at, (which doesn't include actually having to wrestle), it's a lot of hard work and the reward is almost all just "being involved". Although I'm sure you'd both like to be making some coin out of it.

BTW Dpu, Once I get back to OZ I'm definately gonna buy a couple of ROH DVD's. I have ordered from them in the past and their service was excellent. (Purchased Books and Interview DVD's).
BTW, I recomend the Mick Foley Interview DVD. Very funny.

Tik'

Last edited by Tikus; 08/03/07 09:14 PM.

I'll rap you with my Cane, you Pencil Neck Geek!!!
B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
Thanks. Yes makin' a few bucks would be very nice. In the beginning though I'll be happy if the school pays for itself.

DPU, BOB, Best of Luck to both of you. Even at the involvement levels you guys are at, (which doesn't include actually having to wrestle), it's a lot of hard work and the reward is almost all just "being involved". Although I'm sure you'd both like to be making some coin out of it.

BTW Dpu, Once I get back to OZ I'm definately gonna buy a couple of ROH DVD's. I have ordered from them in the past and their service was excellent. (Purchased Books and Interview DVD's).

Tik'

D
DPu Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
D

Tik'

I've seen the Foley shoot. It is quite funny. I also just recently watched all the Cornette/Heenan shoots. Talk about informative! Plus Bobby explains the business so well when he quotes his book. The Jim Mitchell shoot is funny & there are a few other good ones I think are worth checking out.

As far as dvd's go, if you want to watch the recent product, two dvd's I can't suggest enough would be United We Stand & Good Times Great Memories. Both are fairly new as UWS is from 6/23 & GTGM is from 4/28 (I think). Kenta vs. Rocky Romero is a MUST see from the first one & the tag team match between Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Shelley/Sabin is another classic.

Hope everyone watches the ppv before it's too late!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.