Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Have a Great Time at your retreat, and return with a bunch of good post material for us "Needle Newbies."

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
So now I'm working on an article about knitting nirvana a/k/a knitting retreats and I'm knitting a pink shrug, and a sock to finish a pair for my husband (size 12 feet it may be awhile).

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Knitting Guild of Santa Cruz
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Gecko
Gecko
Im knitting a Christmas Stocking. Never made one and our library had a giant box of donations and I picked this one. (great find for $1.00) It is a Bernat kit with yarn and instructions for either a knit or croched version. I picked knit. I am not doing the graph parts for name or snowman. As simple as this might sound the instruction are not so clear so I am basically eyeballing it till I get to the part for the heel. Should be done for Christmas 2009 laugh

Last edited by rdywenur; 01/01/09 12:01 PM.
Here's a simple one that I use.

Cast on 40 (use a cotton yarn)
R1 k4 p4 repeat across
R2 rep. row 1
R3 p4 k4 repeat across
R4 rep. row 3

Continue this way until square, bind off.
This makes a kind of scrubbie cloth

I'm knitting a, well, I'll call it a shoulder cape. I started spinning in October, so this is my first project with my own hand spun yarn. I've been knitting for 40+ years, so it's my own design.

W
W
I am finishing a scarf for my grand daughter and I have a pair of mittens started .. for me and then another scarf for another grand daughter. Then it is time for socks!!!

There is no such thing as too much yarn, or too many needles!! Or too many knitting bags either.
P
P
I am knitting a prayer shawl for my ex-sister-in-law
She just found out in Dec. she has breast cancer
I am making it in teal blue
I don't think she likes pink pinkrosessks

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
We've got 3 projects for the New Year. Our local hospital has requested downsized, homemade receiving blankets for the babies that don't make it home. I refer to them as "Angel" blankets. In 3 weeks the OB ward received 20 of them. Based on this response, the main hospital wants to be included as well. They had been purchasing them. According to a volunteer they will need 4 to 5 each month for both hospitals. the babies are photographed and the blankets are placed in memory boxes for the parents. I'm sure some will think this to be morbid. However, if I can help, in even the smallest way, someone who has experienced such a loss, count me in.

Our 2nd project is lap afghans for the VA hospital

And my 3rd is 100 scarves for the Indian School in MT. I've got 4 completed already.

Somewhere in all this I've got 3 wraps to make for Christmas. I'll be knitting away in 09 and loving every minute.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Gecko
Gecko
I recently was in the in the UK and found Harry Potter sock yarn, Harry Potter and was wondering if anyone else has used this and if they have a pattern they recommend?
Thanks

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Knitting Guild of Santa Cruz
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Gecko
Gecko
Oh oh Im stuck at the heel. My stocking says to take a new color and to start on the stiches that I had to put on to dp needles and now must work. Not sure how to do that. Any suggestions. Thank you.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.