Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#332172 07/31/07 10:51 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Are you planning on making the switch to Windows Vista?

Windows Vista
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 07/31/07 10:50 AM
Last edited by Allison_PCAdvice; 07/31/07 10:52 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
It is not necessary to switch. If my PC works fine then why should I switch. And until it is no longer supported then do I need to make changes. First let them fix all the bugs and then decide.

I held off until SP1 and made the Switch to Vista Home Prem 64 when I build new computer for myself. I have been quite happy. Very snappy system (E8400 at 3.6, 8g Ram).

Some old old games don't network (IPX).
Old DX2 Game won't run until I found patch

Everything works and I have it configured so it looks like Win98 Start Bar.

Lots more stable. Have not had one crash!

DM

Dataman aka SteveD
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I am still not ready to take the plunge. I am a little behind on the times - still running Windows 2000 on my desktop. Been running so well for so long I just can't bring myself to change over to a newer OS.

I also support a lot of people that are still running Windows XP so it helps to stay on the same OS as them - which is my laptop.

If I buy a new desktop in the near future I would probably upgrade to Vista then.

D
Shark
Shark
D
Already switched. Be Careful. My Quicken doesn't print checks or reports anymore. Just discovered this today. It's not compatible with the 2007 version that was just bought so now will have to purchase Quicken 2008 if compatible.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Neither was I ! But I had to ! Vista came with my new laptop, so I thought 'I might as well get stuck in' and started to wean myself off the antiquated old desktop.

Now I'm so glad I took that attitude. I still haven't got to the end of all it can do though (it's wasted on me LOL!)

J
Koala
Koala
J
Me too! I had to get a new computer in January as my old one died. You can't get one without Vista.

It's proved to be incompatible with lots of things I had on my old one.

Don't like it!

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
The software compatibility issue is big for me. Since I am a geek by trade I live on my computer and depend on a lot of different software to complete my work. I can't afford to be without any software because of Vista nor can I afford to upgrade all of the software.

Depending on where you purchase your computer many places still offer Windows XP as an OS because of all the issues with Vista.

Koala
Koala
I didn't have an option. My husband (my house "techie") updated everything to the new software without consulting me. Now I constantly battle software compatibility issues for me. Even with all the patches, I have several necessary programs that either work poorly or won't work at all with Vista. Its enough to make you yank your hair out!

Elephant
Elephant
I actually am using vista on both of my computers (laptop and pc). I actually like it. It took a lot getting used to but now that I use it on a daily basis I am not having problems. I had some compatibility issues with a few of my older programs but they all had patches so now things work correctly.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Allison_PCAdvice 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.