Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I live in Flowery Branch, GA - where the training center of the Falcons is. As a matter of fact, the training center is ust across the road from where my son will be going to HS, and my niece and nephew attend middle school.

This whole thing with Michael Vick has gotten to be insane! There are people lined all around the Flacons complex protesting about treatment of animals, flying airplanes, getting into fights - it's crazy.

Don't get me wrong - if Vick is found guilty (and I admit, it seems like he will, but he at least needs to get the chance at court - OJ did) then it is a horrible thing. Dog fighting is sick. And Vick should then be punished and taken off the team.

But he hasn't been convicted yet! It would be unfair of Blank to fire the guy if he is actually innocent. Not to mention that Blank would then probably face a lawsuit himself - so at least give him a break.

And then to decry the entire team for something that one member did is not right. There are some very good guys on the Falcons. A lot of these men are involved in the communities around here, and not just doing it for headlines either! They should not be attacked because of what one of their teammates did.

Plus the (very selfish) fact - I'd just like to get my children to school without worrying about some mob violence breaking out!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Amoeba
Amoeba
K
I agree with you on the convicting the whole team issue. There is no reason to be violent toward the Falcons just because of something one guy did and really there is no reason to become violent at all - isn't that what we are trying to stop in the first place?

I am a member of the Humane Society and we did A LOT of writing to people in the past week. Basically what I wrote to Nike, the NFL and the Falcons was that it would be in their best interests to suspend or drop Vick until after the trial. If he is innocent then he can pick up his life, contract and signing bonuses at the end of it all. But his own comments make him sound guilty. Instead of coming out and denying ANY involvement he has made statements like, "it's a personal matter between me and my family" or " I knew what was happening in my home but I had nothing to do with it" ? HUH? Why would you even allow such violence into your own home - he's got a lot of explaining to do. But it's not just Vick. Down here we have had some huge problems with certain dog breeds going missing from their homes, presumed kidnapped for fighting or found dead due to fighting injuries. This is an epidemic that will hopefully get more "positive" attention because of the whole Vick scandal.

Until then, I encourage all of my fellow HS members and animal rights activists not to lose their heads over this. We have already won several battles with Vick's suspension, Nike dropping him for the time being and Rebok refusing to sell Vick related NFL products. There is not reason to protest so aggressively that the folks who live near the stadium feel threatened. For Shame!

Kirsten Olsen-Keyser
SF/Fantasy Movies
It's really horrible for the Falcons and the NFL in general. Even if Vick somehow manages to get off without jail time (which I highly doubt), the commissioner should suspend him for the season.

Kori Ellis
Football Editor
G
G
this story is everywhere..its incredible...i think hes going to jail for sure

Live life to the fullest...and look good doing it
Tateossian

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.