P
Did you search Amazon for that?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
Shark
Shark
P
Holly,

What is the price range and spec you are looking for?

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Originally Posted By: pratibha77
Holly,

Have you thought of a particular brand? i am looking for one. Advice.

I would first think out how you want to use it, for they make cameras suited for different needs as well as different price ranges. Do you want it simple and easy to use, or do you want to be able to do fancy stuff like manual settings? Do you want a docking station so you can print your own hard copies of photos or would you rather print from your computer printer or download online and have prints made for you by a professional company or at a local store? Would you be doing elaborate photo editing on something like Photoshop? Do you mostly want to share photos online and will not need many prints? If you want hard copy prints you might wish to consider a camera that has a docking station like the Kodak Easyshare, then again, you may have more professional requirements than Easyshare can offer. If you will be doing a lot of photo editing on Photoshop there may be other cameras better suited. Do you want a small camera so you can easily carry it with you, or do you want a really good lens (a bulkier camera) so you can do more professional work? How much do you want to spend? Figuring this out will help you find a camera that is a better fit for you. I, for example, am looking for something inexpensive so that i can get it soon, something small so i can carry it with me, i primarily want it for uploading photos to share online, and i don't want the battery frustrations I have had with my otherwise lovely Canon Elf (the Canon Elf had a rechargeable battery, which in the beginning i thought would be nicer than disposable batteries, but it unfortunately keeps less of a charge each time it is used).

I like to first check reviews in my price range, and then go to a large store with the reviews and talk to a salesperson there... i tell them what my particular needs are and price range and then i always ask also, "what is your best value in my price range?" That one question has often led me to a fantastic purchase... for example, they might have a professional grade camera that is the store model and their last in stock because the model is no longer carried, and is now half it's usual price. So it might, for example, let me get a professional camera, for an amateur price... but i won't know until i ask what is available.

Here is one review, for example, for cameras in the $100-$200 price range.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Originally Posted By: affettuoso
I had a great day today. Spent most of it doing some much needed cleaning up! (don't you feel good when you've done it and can sit down and read a good book!?)

AF.

Yes, AF.. it does for me, too! And i just read an article that talked about how rearranging furniture can help a person who is feeling depressed. (And no, they weren't talking about Feng Shue, but just how creating change in our environs improves our mood). smile

A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
Yep! I moved a few things around because I didn't want to be reminded of when 'the man' was here!

I also bought a new bed. Now how's that for chucking him out on his ear!!!

AF.

P
Shark
Shark
P
Originally Posted By: hollyelise
[quote=pratibha77]Holly,

Have you thought of a particular brand? i am looking for one. Advice.

I would first think out how you want to use it, for they make cameras suited for different needs as well as different price ranges. Do you want it simple and easy to use, or do you want to be able to do fancy stuff like manual settings? Do you want a docking station so you can print your own hard copies of photos or would you rather print from your computer printer or download online and have prints made for you by a professional company or at a local store? Would you be doing elaborate photo editing on something like Photoshop? Do you mostly want to share photos online and will not need many prints? If you want hard copy prints you might wish to consider a camera that has a docking station like the Kodak Easyshare, then again, you may have more professional requirements than Easyshare can offer. If you will be doing a lot of photo editing on Photoshop there may be other cameras better suited. Do you want a small camera so you can easily carry it with you, or do you want a really good lens (a bulkier camera) so you can do more professional work? How much do you want to spend? Figuring this out will help you find a camera that is a better fit for you. I, for example, am looking for something inexpensive so that i can get it soon, something small so i can carry it with me, i primarily want it for uploading photos to share online, and i don't want the battery frustrations I have had with my otherwise lovely Canon Elf (the Canon Elf had a rechargeable battery, which in the beginning i thought would be nicer than disposable batteries, but it unfortunately keeps less of a charge each time it is used).

I like to first check reviews in my price range, and then go to a large store with the reviews and talk to a salesperson there... i tell them what my particular needs are and price range and then i always ask also, "what is your best value in my price range?" That one question has often led me to a fantastic purchase... for example, they might have a professional grade camera that is the store model and their last in stock because the model is no longer carried, and is now half it's usual price. So it might, for example, let me get a professional camera, for an amateur price... but i won't know until i ask what is available.

Here is one review, for example, for cameras in the $100-$200 price range.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

P
Shark
Shark
P
http://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/103-7270450-2505435?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=digital+camera

I saw many cameras here. Which would be good? the requirement are similar to yours. Price- 100- 200 Dollars.something more would be OK.

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Originally Posted By: affettuoso
Yep! I moved a few things around because I didn't want to be reminded of when 'the man' was here!

I also bought a new bed. Now how's that for chucking him out on his ear!!!

AF.

Does that help?

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
I did the same thing, AF, when i divorced my husband. I also changed the bedding and moved the bed to a different wall, and started sleeping on the other side of the mattress at first, and then in the middle. It did help!

My ex slept a lot... he would usually go to bed before i did and rise after me, so i did not spend much time in my bedroom except for sleep. I laughed one day and said it had been years since i'd seen my bedroom except in darkness. laugh ...that wasn't strictly true, but it was funny. It did happen a lot, though. The hardest thing for me was correcting my habit of dropping my clothes on the floor which i had picked up during those years. I picked up that habit when i got used to undressing in the dark, because putting them away properly would have required my turning on a light and waking him up. Now i spend time reading in my bedroom. I like that.

One of the best pieces of advice i received after i separated from my husband was to, "Go do all those things you wanted to do but could not or did not when you were with him." Strangely, the things i most wanted to do did not have to do with dating other men, but instead things like hogging the bathroom for a long bath, cooking spicy food more often, and spending more time with a friend whom he had not liked. Doing these things reminds us of our own identity, and makes us stronger. smile

In the next few months i will move into a different bedroom. Change is good. And i have found that when i want change in one part of my life (like right now for me earning more money and dating), if i am feeling a bit stuck, it helps a lot to change something small first, something that does not have as much emotional charge. Furniture arrangement is one of the easiest things to change, and every time we see the new furniture arrangement it signals our brain that we are in a new place or time, and that helps us to break old habits and routines, and i think, makes it easier for us to do the larger change we are wanting.

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Today i am looking forward to work, and working on fixing up the bedroom. I'm looking forward to doing a little decluttering project, reading, and exercise. smile

Page 16 of 134 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 133 134

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.