logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Publicity can bring you tons of business and it's free! Read

Publicity for Small and Home Business Owners to find out how to use this great tool to make your business more money!

Looking for ideas on how to get publicity for your particular business? Just ask here & we'll do some brainstorming for you.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
Great advice in your article! Thanks.

As a small business owner, I find that I have to get out of the house and meet people. I joined a Women's networking group and we all support each other, use each other's products, etc.

When you don't have money for an advertising budget, it's hard but the internet helps. I try and market my website too.

Shark
Shark
Good Article Deb!

Joan Stewart is a fabulous speaker & businesswoman. The Publicity Hound has been a part of my regular reading for years.

Excellent tip.

H
H
Thanks for the helpful article Deb! I'm all for no cost or frugal marketing ideas and Press Releases are always a good way to go.

Joan, I'd be interested in hearing more about the Women's Networking Group you joined. It sounds like it's an offline group. Is the group only based in Texas or are there chapters in other states?

All the best,
Erin
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Thank you all for such encouraging comments!!!!!

Meg, glad to find another Joan Stewart fan--I agree, she's fabulous. Wouldn't it be cool to have her do a PR campaign for you? Failing that, I'm glad she offers so much great and useful info. I have learned a lot from her work.

Joan, your group sounds like a great one! I belong to several organizations and totally encourage networking! It's a great investment but also offers some immediate sales results sometimes, too.

Erin, you might want to look at my Networking articles and links to find some possiblities. And, if all else, fails, start your own! Then, write a press release about it! LOL--seriously, go to a Chamber meeting and find like-minded individuals and form your own group. You can also try the business tax office and see if they'll give you info on new businesses. It's public info, and in fact, is usually published in the Business Journals.

Good Luck and thanks again for reading!

J
Koala
Koala
J
Erin-the group I belong to is local, covering Dallas/Ft Worth and all the communities around here.

You might try asking the Chamber of Commerce in your city and see if they have listings for business groups or check the local newspaper under upcoming meetings. That's how I found the one I'm in. They had a blurb in the newspaper where you find the support group meetings, things like that.

There is a speaker each month and everyone is allowed to lay out their business cards and brochures for everyone to see so we can support each other.

If there isn't one nearby, I'll bet other women would love to start one with you.

Moderated by  CarlaCano-Walking Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.