Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
T
Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the Irish Culture Forum. My name is Tony King and I am the new editor for this site. I am looking forward to hearing from all of you again. Together I know we can make our site one of the best on Bella. Thank you for your previous support. Drop by soon and let me know your thoughts!!

Tony King
irishculture
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Hi Tony. Never been here. Usually I'm on the native american forum. I don't know much about my ancestry. I do know for a fact that my g-g-great grandfather came from Ireland, County Cork. I know nothing about him. His sons were Carters and I was told by my grandmother that years back someone had changed the last name to Carter from McCarthy. Something about a nasty little thing called racism. Anyway....don't know much about any of my lineage. I know I'm drawn to Celtic music...brings tears to my eyes (literally) as does Irish dance. Hope to go there someday. Are you in Ireland?
Conni

Ceud Mille Failte, my Celtic kinsman! grin

I'm Amy, the new editor of the Scottish Culture site. And while I lack any Irish blood in my family, I am directly descended from some Ulster Scots... plus, I guess if you go back far, far, far enough, all the Scots are Irish immigrants, right? wink

Looking forward to seeing how your site develops!

slainte,
amy cool
�

T
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
T
Hi Conni:

Thanks for your visit. No --I currently live in Indiana USA. Still have lots of family throughout Ireland. I've been here in the USA for almost 20 years after some teaching spells in England and Australia.

Tony King
irishculture
T
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
T
Hi AMy:

Thanks for your visit. I hope you're enjoying your site as much as I am enjoying mine. Let's stay in touch and see if between both of us we can't get the world to see things from our Celtic viewpoints!!!! LOL
I guess there was so much back and forth between Scotland and Ireland in the early days that we all have something of the other in us.
Look forward to hearing from you again
Tony

Tony King
irishculture
I
I
Hi to all, especially to Tony King. I'm brand new to this logging community. I once wrote a somewhat lengthy letter (it might have been a year to a year-and-a-half ago) about what had inspired me to look into my family roots, in County Mayo, Co. Roscommon (Athlone), and Co. Kildare. I was very grateful for the reception that "Bella-on-Line" gave my piece.
It is with a different motive that I'm going to the "Auld Sod" in a couple of months. While I've been there seven times, my sisters (3) and bro-in-law have either never been or have been there but once. So while I plan to do some searching for Holy Wells and some research into my genealogy I'm sure to be spending a good bit of my time leading and guiding this little group.
I'm not a professional guide; what Inow about Ireland I've picked up speaking to my parents (God rest them) and my Irish cousins,and by reading about the history and the culture of Ireland. Is there anyone who might offer me some advice and direction in my taking up this task? Are there pitfalls or dangers that I should look out for? Are there any suggestions as to how I might, for example, open up the minds and hearts of my sisters and bro-in-law to the richness of the traditions of maintaining Holy Wells? Are there any Holy Wells (especially on the southern route beeen Dublin and Co.Mayo), where I might encounter a good Holy Well, which might give my travel companions an insight into the significance of Holy WElls (or other Irish Antiquities?

Thanks for any suggestion yu may give me.
TomMaloney -- IrishLad44

T
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
T
Hi Tom:

Thanks for your visit.

I have just completed an article on the "Holy Wells". It has a link to it that will guide you to selected Wells sites throughout Ireland.

Hope your visit to Ireland is a real blessing to you and your's.

Tony

Tony King
irishculture

Moderated by  Bee - IrishCulture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.