Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 134 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 133 134
P
Shark
Shark
P
Originally Posted By: hollyelise
I am looking forward to work too, though today is not a teaching day. I am looking forward to painting the bedroom. Some of the most change in appearance will be today. I've already painted the trim and doors, removed hardware, and patched. Today i'll pull out the roller and do the first coat of white paint over the lavender walls. Picture me with long brown hair and white flecks of paint in my hair. smile

I may go to a yoga class this evening... i have not yet decided. Let's see... what else might i look forward to? Well, visualization is pleasant, so i will look forward to that. And also connecting with friends. smile

You will be doing white?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
I am looking forward to seeing an old school friend today. (catching up on all the goss!)

AF.

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Old school friends are fun!

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
My first concern with the walls is to get them in better condition. My house was built in 1896 and the walls are the original plaster! laugh I am painting first with a white sealer that acts as a moisture barrier, and i must paint them white first so that i can see the blemishes in texture so i can repair the cracks and sand bumps. I have started painting the woodwork, too... i have one white paint that i've chosen for the trim and doors in the whole house. After i repair and sand the walls (i have been getting very good results but it takes a lot of labor), then i will paint more coats of white on the walls. Later, when i decorate and fill the rooms i will choose a soft light color for each room, but i will choose the color after i find the right fabric, because paint is more flexible to coordinate. So for now, the walls will be white but in a few months i will add color quickly and then refurnish the rooms. I also hope, after i get the third room upstairs done, to rent a professional floor sander, and take the painted floors back down to the wood and then varnish them. It will add value to my home. I am trying to work quickly because when i sand the floors upstairs, all belongings including my bedroom will need to be downstairs (chaos!), and this will be easier to do before i have a housemate... and i am hoping i will have a housemate soon.

Today i am looking forward to painting more in the room, exercise, meeting with my friend Rick to write, and teaching my knitting class. There is so much to do today! smile

I find it helps so much to think early in the day what i have to look forward to. It helps me to focus on the positive in life and since practicing it, i am a much happier person. I think it's a good habit to cultivate.

i hope all of my friends here can find many things to look forward to today! Know that i am thinking of you and wishing you well. smile

A
Shark
Shark
A
Here in Australia, the day is half-way through, but I am looking forward to spending an evening getting my fingers working properly again (after stroke) on the beloved piano!

I've been putting it off because of all the mistakes I know I'm going to make, but if I can type, by gad, I can play the darned piano, what??!!

Kerryanne.

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
My first concern with the walls is to get them in better condition. My house was built in 1896 and the walls are the original plaster! laugh I am painting first with a white sealer that acts as a moisture barrier, and i must paint them white first so that i can see the blemishes in texture so i can repair the cracks and sand bumps. I have started painting the woodwork, too... i have one white paint that i've chosen for the trim and doors in the whole house. After i repair and sand the walls (i have been getting very good results but it takes a lot of labor), then i will paint more coats of white on the walls. Later, when i decorate and fill the rooms i will choose a soft light color for each room, but i will choose the color after i find the right fabric, because paint is more flexible to coordinate. So for now, the walls will be white but in a few months i will add color quickly and then refurnish the rooms. I also hope, after i get the third room upstairs done, to rent a professional floor sander, and take the painted floors back down to the wood and then varnish them. It will add value to my home. I am trying to work quickly because when i sand the floors upstairs, all belongings including my bedroom will need to be downstairs (chaos!), and this will be easier to do before i have a housemate... and i am hoping i will have a housemate soon.

Today i am looking forward to painting more in the room, exercise, meeting with my friend Rick to write, and teaching my knitting class. There is so much to do today! smile

I find it helps so much to think early in the day what i have to look forward to. It helps me to focus on the positive in life and since practicing it, i am a much happier person. I think it's a good habit to cultivate.

i hope all of my friends here can find many things to look forward to today! Know that i am thinking of you and wishing you well. smile

After painting your home, you can be a consultant about this Holly!

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
laugh I am hoping by then i will have a new digital camera for myself, and i will attach a picture of me to my posts and also post some pictures of my house. smile

Kerryanne... i'm trying to remember... there was a famous musician... i want to say it was Isaak Pearlman but i'm not remembering clearly yet... anyway... there was a musician who as he aged he had horrible arthritis, and his hands were all distorted and he was hunched over and stiff and looked very crippled. But when he went to the piano or violin, it was as if he was transformed, and he became fluid. Both music and love have the power to do that. I am glad you are going to play. smile Good luck! If at first it doesn't go as you wish, hang in there, keep trying!

Today... i am looking forward to meeting with R to sit and write, and to finishing a knitting project and teaching a class. There is much to do also... visualizing, working on the room, reading... i enjoy these things.

A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
I had a great day today. Spent most of it doing some much needed cleaning up! (don't you feel good when you've done it and can sit down and read a good book!?)

AF.

P
Shark
Shark
P
laugh I am hoping by then i will have a new digital camera for myself, and i will attach a picture of me to my posts and also post some pictures of my house. smile

Kerryanne... i'm trying to remember... there was a famous musician... i want to say it was Isaak Pearlman but i'm not remembering clearly yet... anyway... there was a musician who as he aged he had horrible arthritis, and his hands were all distorted and he was hunched over and stiff and looked very crippled. But when he went to the piano or violin, it was as if he was transformed, and he became fluid. Both music and love have the power to do that. I am glad you are going to play. smile Good luck! If at first it doesn't go as you wish, hang in there, keep trying!

Today... i am looking forward to meeting with R to sit and write, and to finishing a knitting project and teaching a class. There is much to do also... visualizing, working on the room, reading... i enjoy these things.

Yes, and his fingers used to be same after he finished the work.

P
Shark
Shark
P
Holly,

Have you thought of a particular brand? i am looking for one. Advice.

Page 15 of 134 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 133 134

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.