logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
What do you think will be the next hot thing in paranormal romance? Why?

What's the next hot thing in paranormals?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 07/23/07 09:24 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Will paranormals continue to be hot?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 07/23/07 09:25 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Just a nudge to the newer folks. :-)

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I would think with the success of TV shows like Medium, Journeyman, etc, that romance novels would follow that trend to some extent.

I always love a well done paranormal romance and they are some of my favorites.

Koala
Koala
well we have just gotten the werewolf and vampire paranormal books here in this area I dont like those...much....they are ok but I want to see something like Ghost, Psychic healers, witchies in a good light... that kinda thing where the girl was some power to overcome and be anything but the damsel in destress with out a clue in her little brain... I want something where the girl does not HAVE to have a baby at the end and doesnt bemoan the fact that she wants a baby all through the book! I dont mind the get married part its just the oh poor me i wanna be mommie in every book on the market and the girl can get into trouble but she has to have a man to save her from her self!!

I think in this day and age we need more real life and diverce books. the girl dont want a baby, the guy needs to be equal to the girl but the girl needs to be more then a big boobed blond that cant think! I also think more books with fat girls getting the hunk and saving the day would be good too!

I think if the paranormal books started to do this it would help romance books in general because most people see women as more intutive then men. Ghost whisper, Meduim, Charmed....all of these are women in control with a man or two that is equel to them they save eachother. I like that!!!!!!!!!

sorry for the rant...

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I'd rather thought demons would be the next big trend, but I've seen a few dragons lately, so perhaps we're heading in that direction instead. *shrug*

Koala
Koala
oh now dragons would be interesting! do you have any authors or titles that are good reads?

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Well, I haven't read any yet that I especially liked, but one that came out last month was Deborah Cooke. Kiss of something that I can't remember at this hour of the morning. <G>

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
freespirit, I agree with you about the baby issue! One reason I quit reading traditional romances is that they seemed to be going over board on the "strong woman-sensitive man who cooks" type romance. The women swore like sailors in some of the books and the heroines seemed like they were just trying to prove how tough they were-Nora Roberts comes to mind.I haven't read one of her books in a few years.

I guess I love paranormal books because they aren't like real life, being about divorces and single mothers, etc.

Koala
Koala
I cant stand a book where the guy is a big whiny sissy boy! I just cant do it. but I cant stand the macho he man [censored] either there is a line there a balence. and I dont like the over bearing boss #itch girls or the mindless cant think or buy a clue to save her makeup and pantiehose either! there again is a line!

oh and then there is the girl that is more like a male but still concerned with hair and nails and make up... that is just creepy!

I know that there are gay and transe gender and cross dressers and all of that but in a book about your straight adverage perfect people..... i just think some times they go way over board even for the transesgender and cross dresser people but they pass it off as hetrosexual norms..... I cant think of the book know but there is one that I laughed all the way through it and gave it to a friend of mine that does somethings dress in drag and he said he has never read a book that far out there even in the romance books for people like him. I thought Great I am not in PC I am still normal!!! whatever that means this week! lmao!

Winds of something... any ways the girl cussed like a sailor she lifts things that are way to heavy for a woman to pick up much less carry around like she does and the guy cant make up his mind and have no oppionion of his own. it is like the rapist books with the he man but it is reverused and she is the Rapist she coheresed him into her bed and he worrys what she will think. or if she thinks he is easy.....

come on now that's just.....lmao!

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
I personally love time travel books, but I could see ghosts being big -- or something in the past. With real life being tougher times, recession, that sort of things, people tend to hunker down and glorify the past more. Kind of like hot cocoa -- comfort food.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.