Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
freespirit #393212 03/15/08 01:33 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I guess I was way behind in popular slang then!! The things I learn from movies ...

Do most people do yoga barefoot? So really the only clothes are a top that stays on you for the positions you do, and longish pants of some sort?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
Barefoot is the way to go. Shoes would be bothersome for many of the sitting positions. I tried socks at first but my feet slip in downward dog if I wear them. My instructor has some socks that are missing the toes. And, I've seen gripping socks and gloves on Amazon.

And, I'll probably be doing yoga in shorts soon. I'm typically quite hot-natured and our room has lots of south-facing windows so it'll be warm there.

Right now, I wear sweats or "yoga pants" --got them at Walmart for $11--they are pretty thin & loose. Or, capri-lenghth sweats.

BellaDeb #393243 03/15/08 02:47 PM
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
It actually snowed here last night!! I thought we were into spring. Sheesh. So my feet are freezing even in socks. But again I'm only on the "simple" positions so it's not causing me a sliding problem yet.

I'm going to go right now and try out Part 2 of my yoga DVD! I'll be back in 20 minutes.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
OK I just did the 20 minutes "standing poses" with bare feet - now granted they were a little wet and soapy because I just steam cleaned the downstairs carpet - and the were sliding on my mat smile I think the lesson here is to make sure your feet are clean. But I didn't use socks, I think the socks would have been worse.

I have another comment on clothes based on this 20 minute standing run. I had a shirt with elbow-length sleeves on and I switched into a halter top style shirt (strings at the shoulders) because it was much easier to move my arms through the poses. So despite my saying before that tshirts would be fine as a top, for me at least the sleeved top seems not as comfortable now that I'm trying more complicated things.

Low Carb Forum
Koala
Koala
I think as long as the cloths stay put and you can move freely in all direction anything goes! Comfort first modesty 2nd! laugh

freespirit #393345 03/15/08 06:12 PM
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Well yes I'm not quite ready for naked yoga yet smile

Low Carb Forum
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
Gack! My yoga teacher mentioned naked yoga once and nearly had a mutiny on her hands!

Claybird #393406 03/15/08 07:31 PM
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
he he he well I'm just working out in my own home but I think I'd be paranoid about a friend coming around to the back sliding glass door for some reason and peering in. Not that people ever drop by here, but that would be the first time of course!

However speaking of yoga clothes, I nearly killed myself going down the basement stairs earlier today because one of my feet got caught against the "bell bottom" of my yoga pants. I swear, as much as I like these pants, I am going to give them all away and get some new ones that are not so bell-bottomy on the bottom. This is like the 5th time I've almost tripped and if I keep ignoring it, sometime I really will lose my balance.

So maybe that will be my task for tomorrow, to go out to WalMart where I hear they have cheap light pants.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I actually have yoga clothes that i just wear everywhere as 'fashion'. My mother in law buys me these yoga pants all the time, but not the bell-bottomy kind. They are very comfortable. So today I got to actually DO yoga in them! It was pretty cool.

And I just paired it with a smaller tee shirt. Not tight, not loose.

I am not comfortable in tight tops. tighter pants are fine.

Last edited by Jilly; 03/15/08 07:50 PM.
Koala
Koala
LMAO well naked yoga would be fun if I was in a class with a bunch of hot guys and I got to keep my cloths on and just enjoy the view! laugh I dont however see myself doing downward facing dog naked in public anyways!!! laugh

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.