Next Thread
Print Thread
#329650 07/18/07 08:04 PM
F
franf Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Dear Barbara, rogerswriters@ne.rr.com

I will be going to Quebec in October and plan to have high tea at the Hotel Frontenec...what other highlights of the city should I not miss? Do you know anything about the original art at the Frontenec?

When I was in New Brunswick last summer I visited William Van Horne's summer home on Minister's Island. Unfortunately the house is bare, no furnishings, but it was fascinating to imagine what it must have looked like in Van Horne's day.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
B
Tea at the Chateau Frontenac is quite an experience! If you reserve on certain days, you will be joined by a "hotel guest" from the early days of the hotel, who will tell stories of the grand balls and high life of the 1800s.

The things to see are the old city itself, both levels of it, which are connected by a funicular. At its foot, the entire street is dedicated to shops of Canadian craftsmen's and artists' work. The market, near the river, has products from local farms and food producers, from emu oil for your complexion to artesanal cheeses and chocolates with maple cream centers. The art museum is excellent, and historic sites all over town are beginning their special exhibitions honoring the city's 400th anniversary in 2008.

Be sure to see Montmorency Falls, just outside of the city. It is higher than Niagara -- an entire river drops off a cliff and into the St Lawrence.

Moderated by  Barbara - Luxury Travel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.