Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
what a terrible story. maybe they were under the influence of drugs.

Improve your business by outsourcing:
Discover the advantages at http://outsourcetothephilippines.wordpress.com
M
M
How is this a woman's issue? Shouldn't this go under crime?

I
I
I have to agree with MagnusMaxwell. Not sure that this is appropriate for women's issues page. Although women suffer from brutal crimes, this falls more into teenage issues, socio-economic issues, and crimes suffered by both genders.

Isabelle A. Harman
[url=www.bellaonline.com]womensissues[/url]
Gecko
Gecko
It's absolutely a women's issue, and I'm glad it was posted.

A "Woman" was severely, disgustingly assualted, and it's definitely an "Issue." And it was in the news.

If this posting causes a woman to be more vigilant, and she decides in whatever way to protect herself better in the future from something similar happening to her (and her son), this post had a greater good than you could imagine.

What a sick crime. We may not like hearing about it, but we as women need to know it's possible. Personally, I couldn't have imagined something more vile. We need to know this exists, not just for ourselves, but also in keeping in mind those wastes our children associate with. The news story said supposedly the kid and mom knew the perpetrators just from living in that neighborhood.

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I agree it should be posted here as well as crime. how horrible for that to happen. just sick sick sick.
I hope they serve many years behind bars, and the mother and son are able to get the psychological counseling their gonna so much need

Rosie L
Koala
Koala
First off, why is it that when something like this happens the woman get more sympathy then the boy? he will have emotional and mental problems for the rest of his life! he is younger and less capable of understanding and dealing with what happen. He sufered the same tortcher and abuse the mother did!
Second this is a Human issues so sense most women are human that places it in our court as well. We as women must learn how to defend ourselves and the kids around us weither or not they are ours. Plus the attackers have moms gramd mothers sisters girl- friends, female teachers, why did they not see any warning signs? were there any warning signs? if so why did they not act then to prevent this?
What pushed the attackers to do this?
Dont get me wrong there is NO EXCUSE and they should be tried as adults because this is an adult type crime and shown no leanince but how many others are out there that could do this same thing can we stop just by paying attention and takeing measures to get them help?

Third why is it that people think drugs or alcohal is an excuse for horrid behavior? no one forsed them to take the drugs or drink no one told them to do drugs or drink beer until they were stupid and if they are stupid enough to not no their own limits then it is high time they learned and hey if prison is the only teacher out there that could help them then by God put them there before they do something like this again and make sure they stay there for a Damn long time so they dont forget and if they do they'll be to old to do it anyways!

I truly believe that if the punishment is not heavy enough for the crime more people will see that and think hey we can get away with it and if not oh well its just 10 yrs so what? we can learn from the other in mate and we can learn the laws better and get it appelled and next time we wont get busted!

it is sad to see such depravity here in the USA or any where for that matter. its like everyones brain and hearts have gone on vacation but left the evil side behind so we have to deal with it!!!

Like i said i hope both mom n SON can get the psychological help they need the son has to be so traumatize by what happened. he may even feel suicidal. such an awful thing to happen. The kids in jail will learn more heinous crimes to commit when they are released.
You hit it right on the nail, freebubbs

Rosie L
Gecko
Gecko
Freebubbles, you make a good point in this particular case.

And you made me think about other cases in which children are the victims of crime mostly because of the psychological effects they have on kids. You're right -- kids don't have the mental capacities (on the whole, when you're dealing with fairly normal adults) as we do.

It was a terrible thing to happen to both of them.

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus

Moderated by  Barbara - Women's Issues 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.