logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
Hi everyone!

A 'friend' of mine is going to leave on his mission to Rome in August. His birthday falls in October, while he's still at the MTC. I'd like to send him a birthday gift. He's in the Navy, and he wants to become a pilot. John Bytheway just released a new book called Supersonic Saints, which contains inspirational stories from LDS Armed Forces Pilots. I think this would be the perfect gift for him, but will he be allowed to read it at the MTC/in Rome, or should I just give it to him before he leaves?
Thanks much,

Jamie

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
That sounds like a great book. Honestly, I don't think he'll have much time to read the book while at the MTC or on his mission. I served in Brazil and went through the MTC (missionary training center), etc. You could send it to him and he might get to read some of it on P-day (preparation day) which is only part of the day once a week (and typically spent writing letters home, laundry, recreation). Actually, it might depend on the mission president as far as what they are allowed to read...but I would think that a church book would be fine and I'm sure he would love it. I just think, logistically, he won't have much time to read it, ESPECIALLY at the MTC. I don't know if this helps at all...but good luck!

Moderated by  C.S. Bezas, LDS Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.