logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
So I've had my first ear piercings done since I was maybe 5 years old? And they've always been sort of sensitive, but I assumed part of that was, especially as I've gotten older, not keeping earrings in them all the time. A few years ago, I decided to do something really stupid, and get two more holes in both ears, at the same time, at one of those mall ear places. (Yeah, wrong wrong WRONG. mad ) I ended up having to go to a local parlor and get the studs taken out and rings put in, from infection. Those two holes have never been quite right. The upper ones on both ears got keloids/bumps, and they're just hard to keep tamed.

Anyway, sorry, rambling. But recently I bought some sensitive-ears studs, and put them in my first holes. They did fine for a few days, but did I go wrong wearing some dangly (non-sensitive) earrings? I wore them on Friday, and still, my holes are reddish and bloody. (Not all the time bleeding, but fairly often.)

Should I put the sensitive studs back in? Attempt to let them recover without earrings in them? What would be the best soother/healer? They have a tendency to scar up if they're left empty and irritated for too long, and it sort of creates the evil cycle of irritation. Advice?

~emme
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
It sounds like you might have a metal sensitivity, or that your ears get irritated by any weight on them. The very first ear piercings I ever got were in the 6th grade and are the only ones of the 21 earrings I wear that I ever take out. I've not worn much in them in the last few years, and they too now react to cheap metals and heavy weights.

I think ears can get callused or toughened-up from regular earring wear, and not doing so let's the tissue revert. If you want to heal them to tolerate earrings, find a hypo-allergenic metal that they like, put the earrings in and care for them as if they were new again. That's what works for me.

S
S
I agree that you need to have better quality jewelry in your ears, something either implant grade stainless or if you are really sensitive implant grade titanium or 18K Nickel-free gold that is palladium based. Check out Tommy T's Body Piercing website for some examples. They have a lot of gold jewelry.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.