Originally Posted By: hollyelise
Except they AREN'T worthless talents, Sue. Even among creative people, not every artist can do that!

I have a friend who sells on Etsy.com It's a website just for crafts where artists are selling their art or crafts. From what i understand, they charge less of a percentage than Ebay, and you can set your place up like a little shop. My friend keeps a blog there, too, and a lot of photos of her work.

Few people are doing paper filigree... it's gorgeous stuff. You could probably make some little 3" x 3" pieces and charge $6 or more a card... how much time would it take you? Would that be worth your time, though? Maybe there are other ways you could use the filigree that would bring a better price for your time. Yes --- how about mounting a small piece against an acid-free color background, and then frame them like art? Then you could probably charge $100 or more. It would only cost you a little more in materials (for the frame -- you can buy commercial ones with matt and glass, etc.) but it would be the same amount of time and more profit for your time. I even know of a gallery or two here that might be interested in selling a couple of your pieces to start. If you are interested, the pm me.

Try visiting some galleries, Sue, for ideas... and take a look at the prices that they are selling for! I'm sure you do better work -- certainly more unique work -- than many artists in the galleries already. Going will inspire you, and you can get ideas for presentation of your own work.

Sue, Holly has given some very good ideas. If all of us think together something can be surely done.