Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
This new thread is a continuation of a new topic that developed under the thread, "Can We Be Robots?" Refer to that thread if you want the full picture.

It all started when we were joking about being a genius. Even though I was joking around, I believe every one of us has some special talent or unique gift to share with the world. We just need to find out what it is and reveal it.

I wanted to make a new post so that those wanting to follow along can ask themselves their own questions and hopefully experience a greater level of freedom as well.

On the other thread I said the following...

As we have discovered on this thread, we are not robots, we are human. Every one of us is a genius at something, sometimes we just need to find out what that is.

Just for a moment, allow yourself to accept that you are a genius at something, but you need to accept the truth before it is revealed to you.

Close your eyes and tell yourself you are a genius, even if you have to pretend. Now ask yourself, "What has my heart been trying to tell me about my own potential?" You know there is something buried within, it is usually tied in with your desires.

After you have listened to what your heart tells you, ask yourself, "What am I really good at that I also really enjoy?" In fact, it might be something you consider as fun, instead of "productivity related".

If you were given the time and opportunity, what would it take to become the genius you already are within?

Holly then opened the discussion up further by asking the following:

"But what if we know our talents but feel emotionally obstructed from doing them?"

I replied, I would ask what emotions are obstructing them in order to find a way around them. Sometimes, we don't need to remove the obstruction. We simply need to find a different way of going around it.

Holly answered, "I would say the obstruction is fear. I get very insecure when i start using my talents. I'm afraid of being noticed, of people around me then having heated emotions, of losing relationships, and of coming under severe attack and accusation.

If the fears were only while awake, i think i would feel more confident that i can progress through my fears by taking little steps. But unfortunately, whenever i take a step forward, the nightmares get worse. They can get worse well beyond the point where they are just unpleasant. They start to erode my ability to function by day, and then the whole thing comes down. It's like trying to build a brick building without mortar."

We've had some more long discussion, but we'll just jump into the current discussion. (refer to "Can We Be Robots?" if you want to read the posts in between)

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I had asked Holly to share what she would like her new belief system to be in order to replace her current belief system that wasn't giving her the freedom to reveal her talents. She had more than one that she had created previously with another coach.

Holly, I've given my replies in bold within your text below...

Originally Posted By: hollyelise

Tami, thank you so much for your posts. I will do my best to answer your questions.

For convenience of reference, I have numbered each of the beliefs, #1-#10. You asked me to rate how well I think I�m doing on each on a scale from 1-10. I put my score to the right of each.

#1 I am eager to celebrate my gifts and offer them to the world. 3

#2 I fully support my happiness and success through my focused actions and thoughts. 7

#3 I enjoy expressing myself freely and confidently, in harmony with my desired outcome. 5

#4 I openly embrace the abundant happiness my life has to offer. 6

#5 I transform all in my path into good luck. 4

#6 The more i am my true self, the closer i draw my true love. 2

#7 I choose to be confident, optimistic, and cheerful.
Optimistic - 7 Cheerful - 8 Confident - depends on what the circumstances are. In teaching or making art, it would be a 9. In some other situations I would rank my confidence as high. But in some ordinary circumstances relating to trauma, it may be as low as a 1.

#8 I am loving and open to receive love in all of my relationships. 3

#9 I am free to follow my heart and enjoy being and revealing my true self. 1

#10 The power to determine my destiny is in accepting full responsibility for who i am, my circumstances, and my future. 8
All the scores are better than I would say they were a few years ago when I selected them. I particularly worked on #2, #4, and #7. You also asked which of these have to do with my night terrors. The night terrors aren�t on particular topics, but I know what they are from, in general terms... from when they disappeared. #1, #6, and #9 are most closely related, as is the confidence aspect of #7, and an overall sense of security... though I didn�t write a belief for security. I don�t know if #8 is involved or not.

Once again, I applaud your awareness... and I also congratulate you on making progress from the last time you set these goals.

How interesting that you didn't write a belief for security because that is the one I have been wondering most about (based on what you've said before.)

Tami asked: What is this current belief that is keeping you from all you want to express and be in this world?

I would say my fear is that there could be more trouble, like that which I have experienced before, for being free. Is that enough?

To paraphrase what you've said here and in the past posts: Would you say you have made an agreement that forms the following belief system? "When I share my authentic self, including all my true talents with the world, I am not safe?"

Tami asked, Is what you have to gain worth more than what you have to lose?

It should be an easy question to answer, but actually it�s tough. Feeling free to be yourself and being at your best (flow)... for me, is like heaven. I can�t even describe how wonderful it feels. I want it more than anything else. There are no night terrors, then, either. But at the time in my life when I was most like that, my life became in great danger directly because of living my authentic self... I don�t want this to sound melodramatic, but several people feared I might be murdered and plans were starting to be made for me to run and start a new identity (under the urging of others, not my idea). Obviously I was not murdered and survived, but the losses I did experience were quite extensive... quite!... and I reached a point where I was completely devastated and emotionally broken beyond what I thought possible. There were other times in my earlier life, too, that I experienced significant hardships for speaking up or being independent, or just for being noticed as special.

I�m not sure that changing my belief in this area is necessarily the way to go for a solution. This is not my case, but say for example someone was in danger in their relationship... would you want them to change their belief so they believed they were safe even though they weren�t? No. That the same thing would happen to me again that did before, or even something very similar, is astronomically unlikely! But it IS likely that there will sometimes be some trouble as a result of my �living large and living true,�...it�s happened too consistently to think no bad things will happen as consequence... and I need adequate ways of dealing with it rather than to try to change my belief to something like nothing will happen. Whatever solution I find, I think needs to reflect real possibilities in life. I don�t want to work towards holding a belief that would be shattered when something comes along that proves my belief isn�t true, and even potentially would put me in harm�s way. So that�s the dilemma. I DO desperately need a stronger sense of security and safety, in order to improve my ability to thrive. A sense of security is one of our 6 basic needs. I just don�t know how to go about it and get that feeling back

When we put ourselves in the path of true danger, any one of us could be harmed! No, we must protect ourselves.

The question is, "How can you create a safe place for yourself where you feel free to express yourself in full authenticity and creativity?"

Once again, if we look at YOUR belief system, how can you get a sense of security if you feel you put yourself in danger by revealing your full potential to the world?

However, we can look at this a different way. What if we put the world aside for a while and just looked at you in a safe place?

What would it look like for you to be all of your authentic self inside your safe boundaries without sharing your glory with the world? This is for you alone until you may or may not decide otherwise.

Would you be willing to give yourself permission to be fully alive and free with yourself in the place of safety?

Where would that safe place be? Would it be your home? Would it extend further to a choice few friends or family? What is the exact limit where you know you are safe?

I thought I heard an underlying hint that the nightmares are based in a lack of feeling secure or safe. (Forgive me if I got that impression from someone else's post. I can't clearly remember right now).

Tami asked: Does your ability to sleep without nightmares depend on the time of day or night you are sleeping? For example, what happens when you nap during the day to make up for lost sleep at night?
No. If it�s going to happen, it will happen every time I try to sleep regardless of time of day or many other factors. It will usually begin within just a few minutes (sometimes instantaneously) upon falling asleep.

Tami asked: Besides lack of sleep, what other power do these nightmares have over you?
It takes time to shake it off when I wake... in other words, I�m depressed or frightened when I first wake, but usually only for about an hour. The links cdmohatta provided showed me this is typical of night terrors. I sometimes have more anxiety when I�m tired (from disrupted sleep)... whether that�s related to it or not I don�t know, but I�ve learned ways of dealing with anxiety to some degree.

How do you think it would affect your nightmares if you told yourself you would not be willingly putting yourself in any danger right now, including the fact that sharing your glory will not be in unsafe places?

Tami asked: So you've noticed a specific pattern when you begin to move forward. Have you noticed anything that trips up that pattern?

Do you mean interrupts the pattern between moving forward and then the nightmares undermining gains? Great idea, but unfortunately no, I have not noticed any. When I�m having �a jag� (that�s what I call it when the nightmares get bad for a little while)... I get dull-witted and can�t really think clearly enough to notice how the process changes. Focus disappears. If I lived with someone I�d ask them for observations, but unfortunately I don�t.

Tami asked: If you could only pick ONE thing, which one [talent] would have the most positive or powerful impact in your life?
When I was able to reach my authentic self before, one of the most distinguishing features of it......was that I was whole in a new way... and there was a lot of synergy between my talents... ways of combining things I�d never imagined before. I also had a much greater ability to focus and prioritize, and dramatically, to make decisions. I�m a bit tired at the moment so I�m having trouble explaining.... perhaps I should think more on this and the last question before answering.

Tami, I�m just so amazed by your generosity here. You�re offering me quite a bit of your time and expertise. Are you sure I�m not imposing? If you are enjoying this or think it will help promote your services I hope you will continue... but I don�t want you to feel obligated. Thank you for your questions and comments today... it has gotten me to think of things in fresh ways.

Thank you so much,
~holly

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: hollyelise

Tami, I�m just so amazed by your generosity here. You�re offering me quite a bit of your time and expertise. Are you sure I�m not imposing? If you are enjoying this or think it will help promote your services I hope you will continue... but I don�t want you to feel obligated. Thank you for your questions and comments today... it has gotten me to think of things in fresh ways.

Thank you so much,
~holly

Holly, we've mentioned about listening to feelings, intuition, and God. I somehow feel as if we are meant to be sharing like this for our sakes and for the sakes of others whom we want to encourage and also see free to live fully alive. It is an honor to partake of this with you. I truly mean it.

On a practical note, posting this with you has inspired me to do a trial period of coaching by email. I'm not talking about you because as I said, this "feels right" to be on the forum. However, it will soon be posted on my website for anyone who would like private coaching by email. I'll post the link when it's ready. In the mean time, Anyone interested can email me at coachtami@destinysdoorcoaching.com or fill in the form on this link http://www.destinysdoorcoaching.com/contact.html

To all of you reading, this forum isn't just about Holly and I. Please feel free to share your comments as well smile

H
Koala
Koala
H
Thank you very much Tami, for starting a new thread.

I may only have a few more minutes online today... for some reason my internet is down at home, so i'm presently at the library, but they only allow an hour.

Where do we go from here?

I've been thinking about talents, but it led to a thought that stepped beyond talents. I asked myself, "If i could put my energy into just one effort at this moment, what would have the most positive impact on my life?" I don't have an answer for it yet, but have been pondering several options. I've also been trying to visualize them in the way you suggested in your last question... to "flash forward" and imagine my life if i put my effort in a certain direction.

Do you need me to decide on that "one" thing next? Should it be a talent or could it be something else, like college or better employment?

Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Holly,

I only have just a couple minutes myself right now.

Part of moving forward is also making sure we do what we need to do to be loving and gentle with ourselves in the process. It's important to give yourself the support you need along the journey.

The reason I asked questions about creating a safe environment above is because safety and security keeps coming up. Perhaps you are trying to tell yourself something and it is important to listen.

I invite you to go back to the questions above and carefully consider them first. Let me know what you think.

Warmly,

Tami

Wolf
Wolf
Tami, thanks for this post. This thread can be helpful to many of us.

Wolf
Wolf
Holly and Tami,

Can I interrupt both of you for a moment?
I think that the immediate focus should be the fear that is holding holly back.
The fear that will bring in more nightmares.
In her case there is an equation-

More achievement= more conflict=more fear.
Break this equation .
tami can help you holly.

I am copying some posts from Robots to here to maintain order.

Last edited by cdmohatta; 06/23/07 02:29 AM.
Wolf
Wolf
#1 I am eager to celebrate my gifts and offer them to the world.

#5 I transform all in my path into good luck. 4

#6 The more i am my true self, the closer i draw my true love. 2

#8 I am loving and open to receive love in all of my relationships. 3

Holly, I have selected your goals/objectives with lowest score.
this is revealing-
You score 1 in-

We can divide this in two parts. One- I am free to follow my heart
and Second- enjoy being and revealing my true self

Where do we go from here?

To follow one's heart, one must have enough money. that gives independence.
Revealing true self- Why are you afraid of that? what if you reveal yourself? Somebody will hurt you?

I am looking at the central point of destruction and try to mend it so that everything else gets taken care.

In your personality the thing that is obstructing you is insecurity and fear. this is getting escalated by loneliness.

How do we work on this?

Wolf
Wolf
You want to join University to learn some skills?
Which skills?

You are a very good writer.
You can be a good inspirational teacher.
You are very good at knitting, cooking etc.

What are the areas you are looking at to develop your skills?

Let me tell you one thing-

Unless you are secure with your future, helping others will not work.
First help yourself and be secure.
Both financially and emotionally.

I read the long post you made about Tami and your conversation.
Could not understand that fully.
What were you trying to say?

Wolf
Wolf
Can we speak about your goal thus-

I want to learn skills so that i make enough money. So that I feel that I will continue making money.

I want to have a partner with who I can share rest of my life.

I have had enough suffering. I want some love, peace and security now.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.