Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Kathy - 12 Step Recovery
I actually came across this forum while checking out mine. My name is Kathy L. and I am the 12 Step Recovery Editor. I am not Buddhist but have found the principles and the 12 steps in sync with each other offering me a spitirual program.

Welcome to this forum Kathy! Stop by anytime! I discovered Buddhism during my working on issues from my childhood and a past abusive relationship. I harbored A LOT of anger, hatred, and pent up feelings that Buddhism has helped me release and overcome.

I read last week that the Chinese had taken down a Buddhist statue in Tibet for whatever reason the Chinese govt felt it necessary. I would like to agree with my friend who wrote before me. I work with Chinese students every day and the changes in that country are by leaps and bounds. China is certainly not a democracy but hearing first-hand about the country, they are becoming more and more democratic in many ways. That does not mean they will ever become democratic but there are choices there that were not possible years ago. China, the country, is rich and the doors are open to all for business. China, the people, are still poor but the rich are getting richer. Sounds like a democracy, doesn't it. Regardless, China gets richer and stronger every day and I would hope that it is not a force that we will have to reckon with in the future.

Kathy L.
12 Step Recovery Editor

Yes, I read that story too. It is ashame that we just all can't except that we are all different and one way is not necessarily the right way for everyone.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Jeanette, this has nothing to do with the forum but noticed that you are in Cincinnati. I now live in AZ but was born and raised in Cincy and most all of my family is there. Visit as much as possible. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be in touch again. I am going to do an article on Buddhism & the 12 Steps in the future so I may need some insider info.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Wow! You are the second lady from Cincinnati that I have met on here! The old Crime editor is from the east side. I am in Norwood if you know where that is! We will have to get together for coffee or dinner next time you are in town! Heck I can even take you to my temple I go to! Don't hesitate to contact me privately if you have questions. Or Alexandra is very versed in Buddhism as well. Sometimes I think I should let her be the editor *smiles*

Wolf
Wolf
I actually came across this forum while checking out mine. My name is Kathy L. and I am the 12 Step Recovery Editor. I am not Buddhist but have found the principles and the 12 steps in sync with each other offering me a spitirual program.

I read last week that the Chinese had taken down a Buddhist statue in Tibet for whatever reason the Chinese govt felt it necessary. I would like to agree with my friend who wrote before me. I work with Chinese students every day and the changes in that country are by leaps and bounds. China is certainly not a democracy but hearing first-hand about the country, they are becoming more and more democratic in many ways. That does not mean they will ever become democratic but there are choices there that were not possible years ago. China, the country, is rich and the doors are open to all for business. China, the people, are still poor but the rich are getting richer. Sounds like a democracy, doesn't it. Regardless, China gets richer and stronger every day and I would hope that it is not a force that we will have to reckon with in the future.

Kathy L.
12 Step Recovery Editor

The present regime is bringing in cosmetic changes. Democracy means right to change the Govt. that is not there. They are dictators.

Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: Jeanette - DV & Buddhism
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta
China is very sore with India for giving shelter to Dalai Lama.
That is a big issue between both the nations.

Yes China is very angry about this. As far as China is concerned, it seems as India is harboring a fugitive.

China wants to show that everybody is happy in China. Absence of Dalai Lama is a big problem there. That makes China angry.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta
China wants to show that everybody is happy in China. Absence of Dalai Lama is a big problem there. That makes China angry.

Ahhhh I never looked at it that way before!Thank you!

Wolf
Wolf
Yes. The fact that Dalai Lama and about 100,000 Tibetans are in exile spoils all the records.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.