logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Ever since I wrote "You CAN start a business & be a busy mom," I've been thinking about all the excuses we tell ourselves (and others) about why we can't / don't / won't do something great.

Starting a business is just one example. Running a marathon is another. You get the idea.

Since my subject of expertise is Business Coaching, let's stick to the excuses you give, or tell yourself about starting your own business. Once we dispel the myths and give you the tools, you'll have nothing left to do but succeed!

So let's help each other expose the myths about not being (whatever) enough, and support each other's passions!

Instructions: Finish the following sentence with an excuse you've heard (or thought) yourself or heard someone else say.

"I can't start a business because..."

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Koala
Koala
E
"... I'm too shy to interact with clients."

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Wolf
Wolf
Most of us are shy to inyeract with clients in the beginning.
That feeling goes away soon.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hehe... it's a game, cdmohatta, to come up with the excuses people use.

Your contribution is appreciated, though.

Cdmohatta, Can you think of an excuse people use to not start a business?

H
H
I can't start a business because... I don't have enough time.

I have actually recently shifted the focus of my home organizing business. I now market to moms who want to work at home or those who already are trying but are having difficulty gaining momentum (due to lack of time). When they get more organized in their homes and home offices, they are essentially removing some of the "no time" barriers.

Last edited by HomeOrganizeIt; 06/21/07 01:29 PM.

All the best,
Erin
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Excellent start!

Exactly, Erin, the more excuses we help each other demolish, the more energy we have for success!

H
H
How about this one. I can't start a business because...I don't have a college degree.

However, on the contrary, you can gain the equivalent of a degree just with the massive amount of educational resources right at your fingertips online!

All the best,
Erin
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
E
Koala
Koala
E
That's a good one - I've heard the degree excuse used for many things, not just starting your own business. But I've met some newly degreed people who don't have a clue about anything "real life" because they've been locked in academia for most of their life as an adult and all of their childhood and teens.

CD, you're right - it's just a matter of beginning to interact with people and it soon becomes much easier and more comfortable.

Okay, here's a tricky one:

"I can't start a business because I can't get a broadband connection in my area and need it for the type of business I want to start." (Or, substitute "Broadband connection" for any tool that is needed but not available/affordable for some reason.)

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Because I don't have enough money.

Because I have to have a steady income.

However I have been self employed all of my working life and neither of those excuses is worth the recycled electrons I just used to write this post.

Jan Goldfield

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
"Because my family won't emotionally support me."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Angel - Business Coach 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.