logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
J
August 5th,

Wow, I really like (and relate) to your quotes Kathy and thank you for them. The one about life being what it is but the way we cope with it making all the difference is SO KEY!! Also, boy have I avoided or sooooo rationalized about not crossing certain bridges in my life and have paid the toll over and over and over again...... I am going to write these down and stick them on my wall. ..... Today I had a ghostly (or ghastly) thought that I am probably ok now to be able to enjoy a nice cold Jack Daniels and pepsi, ooooh, how so quickly my taste buds romanced the idea of the cold tingling feeling tasting so sweet in my mouth, on this hot sweaty summer day. Just one , I thought, it wont freak me out.... what scares me is that I knew I should call my sponser, but I didnt want to admit it to her, plus I wasnt sure I wanted her to talk me out of it!!! Yikes! I am still so vulnerable . thank God, i imagined having to tell my group of my fall to temptation, I imagined feeling the huge dissappointment in myself, I imaginge having to take a wet chip and start all over again, and I imagined quitting / running away from the group and losing alot on neat friedships that I have just begun to enjoy. Lastly or maybe secondly, I imagined the sadness and fear my daughter and son would feel , smelling the alcohol on my breath and sensing that I am acting differently, while I foolishly try to hide it from them. Oh how I hate the hiding , how I hate the feeling of failure and of feeling on the defensive about something not worth defending. THANK YOU GOD , JESUS for bringing me all of these thoughts that I have learned from AA . This is a sign that the alcoholic "dog" is trying to come sniffing around in my life again and that I need to get my but to more meetings to feed my recovery "dog" . Today is my 90th day and tomorrow at group I will still be able to pick up by 90 day chip Yea Yea Yea . I will also share this story with them, but it felt relieving to first put it all down here. thank you for letting me share

Sponsored Post Advertisement
JennaRae #333477 08/08/07 11:19 AM
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
August 8

I missed two days! Thanks JennaRae for sharing. I want everyone who reads this to know that this forum is for all of you, not just me & JennaRae. Maybe just one of you has something that will help another woman in recovery. No one knows who you are and I don't even see the email addresses. Talk about anonymity! So today I am not offering a quotation but an overall suggestion that some of you share whatever your feelings, good and not so good where others can read it.

And, pledge with me. Today I will be free of my addictions and will be in gratitude to my Higher Power for giving me this choice.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
August 9

"No one ever damaged their eyesight looking on the brighter side of life." (Anonymous)

Is your glass half empty today or half full? I am going to pledge today to focus on having a glass that is half full because a positive attitude will keep me from my enemies (addictions).

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
August 10

"If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." (Dolly Parton)

So really if we want the gifts life gives, we have to put up with life! I pledge today to be free of my addictiions and look at every part of life, good and bad, as gifts from my Higher Power.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
August 13

"The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude." (William James)

My pledge to be free of my addictions is implied in whatever I write so I don't repeat that daily. But this quote reminds me of the saying of having an attitude of gratitude so that is my pledge for today.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
August 15

Yes. Skipped a day because I think I have had a little computer problem. "Find purpose. The means will follow." (A billboard somewhere in India)

I can totally relate to this. My interpretation is that no matter what, I have to turn it over to my HP and so today, I pledge to focus on Step 3.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
August 16

"There are no failures--only learners." (Buckminster Fuller)

This simple quote reminds me and suggests the pledge for today and that is to be teachable. Being teachable is practicing humility.How can we practice this today?

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
August 17

No quote today. I wanted to let all of you who read this daily that I will be away until August 27. If these quotes and pledges help you out, reread them because they never really go out of date! Until next week, may God bless and keep you. Namaste'.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
August 28

I'm back but not without having an emergency root canal yesterday. I have no quote but want to share and hope you will pledge with me to remember what gets us in trouble. HALT

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
August 28 continued (hit the Submit by accident)

HALT, if you are unfamiliar with this acronym it means hungry, angry, lonely and tired. When I am in physical pain, I have to remember this because pain doesn't make a day look all that promising. But I pledge to take care of myself today and to remember that I am stronger than HALT!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Kathy - 12 Step Recovery 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.