BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
July 11

"Hope Happens" (Catherine DeVyre)

Today is an important day for me. I have been smoke free for 6 months (harder than alcohol). So today I am pledging to remain free of all of my addictions and focus on gratitude because today I have a choice. Pledge today with me.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
July 12

"There are no failures. Only learners." (Buckminster Fuller)

I pledge today to be free of my addictions and to remain teachable. Being teachable is practicing humility. Join with me in a pledge today to do the same and to reach out to someone else.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
July 13

"Whether it is the best of times or the worst of times, it is the ONLY time you've got." (Art Buchwald)

And so the end of another week and the beginning of another weekend but only today matters. Today I pledge to be addiction free and remember that it is still always one day at a time. Pledge with me and extend your hand to another in need.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
July 16

"Fear is never a reason for quitting. It is only an excuse." (Norman Vincent Peale)

Today I pledge to be free of my addictions and to remember the part fear had played in my life. I pledge that if I feel fear today, I will face it squarely. I ask you to pledge the same only for today.

J
J
July 17

Today I celebrate my continued sobriety and recovery. I pledge to work hard on my addictive ways of thinking, realizing this "victim" attititude I seem to walk in and learning to turn it around. I printed out Kathy's writing on Forgiveness and plan to meditate on it today . (thank you Kathy for such insight) ..as I have become aware of how much negative power i am giving to having resentments against others when I think people have snapped at me "for no reason" and instead must practice forgiving them for my own peace and serenity. Also printed out Kathy's "Step" article and plan to share it with my some of my new girl friends in my AA group. We had just discussed step 4 last night and there were quite a few that are preparing to tackle step 4. Thanks again Kathy. Also thanks for your reference to dealing with fear. It is a hugh factor in my past for having me made decisions that got me where I am in my life. Wow!! so much to learn, so happy to start learning and being aware....FINALLY!!! oh and P.S. CONGRATULATIONS KATHY! on kicking your smoking habit....TRUE , MUCH HARDER THAN ALCOHOL -- and such damage to your body -- SUCH A GOOD THING TO DO FOR YOUR HEALTH!! Yea to YOU!!

JennaRae #329280 07/17/07 10:39 AM
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
July 17

"I was taught that the way of progress is neither swift nor easy." (Madama Curie)

First of all, thank you JennaRae. It is good to know that you have been able to find something meaningful for you in my articles. I ask also that you pass on the bella site to your AA friends and have them sign up for the newsletter. But, more than that I appreciate you writing your pledge. I'm not sure a lot of people realize that this isn't about me and what I am pledging for today but an invitation for anyone to write it out.

So for today I continue my daily pledge to be free of my addictions and today I must also pray for those who still suffer. Within the past few days, two women in my fellowship ended their lives because of alcohol. Extend a hand to someone in need today.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
July 18

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference." (Virginia Satir)

I pledge today that I will remain free of my addiction(s) and to do whatever I must do to live life on life's terms. Pledge with me or add your own pledge to this forum.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
July 19

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows." (Helen Keller)

I spoke at a rehab last evening which convinces me even more that pledging today to be addiction free is God's plan for me today. Pledge with me and pray for all of those who just can't get it.

J
J
July 19

I am so thankful for being free from my addictions today. When some of my addictive ways of thinking start to encroach my mind I have really experienced release from them and a peaceful mind state by praying the following full prayer:
Dear God, Please grant me your serenity to accept the things I cannot change , new courage to change the things that I can and Your Wisdom to know the difference, living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time, accepting hardship as the pathway to peace. Taking, as Jesus did, this world as it is, not as I would have it, knowing that you will make all things right, if I only surrender to your will, so that, I may be somewhat happy in this life, and supremely happy with you in the next. Amen

Last edited by JennaRae; 07/19/07 08:43 PM.
JennaRae #330036 07/20/07 02:31 PM
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
July 20

"Cross your bridges when you come to them--or you pay the toll twice." (Margaret Miller Gallacher Smart)

Thanks JennaRae for your beautiful prayer. It is like all 12 steps rolled into one. Today I pledge to be free of my additions and the obsessions. My day will be successful if I can practice Step 3. For all of those still out there, our prayers are with you.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Kathy - 12 Step Recovery 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.