logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
Zebra
Zebra
CDMohatta,
you have been a member of this forum long enough, and goodness knows you have contributed to and read enough threads now, to be able to form your own conclusion to this question...

there is no immediate solution.
There is no magic formula.
There is no instant secret.

We have all shared on many an occasion, how we have managed to find happiness to one degree or another.
If you do not know the answer by now, then I don't think anyone could tell you anything new, really....

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
I have asked this question for a special reason. I can not reveal that right now.

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Originally Posted By: Alexandra
CDMohatta,
you have been a member of this forum long enough, and goodness knows you have contributed to and read enough threads now, to be able to form your own conclusion to this question...

there is no immediate solution.
There is no magic formula.
There is no instant secret.

We have all shared on many an occasion, how we have managed to find happiness to one degree or another.
If you do not know the answer by now, then I don't think anyone could tell you anything new, really....

Alexandra,

I know all about what you are saying in this post. But I still ask. Why do not you wait and watch sometimes?

Zebra
Zebra
because somethimes i think you just post questions for the sake of it.

H
Koala
Koala
H
So?

Why would that bother you, Alexandra?

Zebra
Zebra
Frankly, it doesn't. it's a simple, neutral observation.
But it leads me to question your underlying motives, because you seem to be on a quest for the "unreachable Star" so to speak.

I fail to underastand why you seem to post questions on the same topics over and over again, even though they might be phrased differently.

Care to share?

smile

H
Koala
Koala
H
Who me?

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
"I am looking for clues to be happy.
Can anybody give me tips that I can understand and implement?
I am looking for practical tips and not long conversations.
Can anybody help me?
Thanks."

1. Surround yourself with positive, happy people. laugh

2. Ignore people who fail to recognize the severity of depression and only offer "words" not understanding. frown

3. Try to be with other people and to talk to and confide in those who show a true understanding for your illness. smile

4. Participate in activities that are FUN and may make you feel better. Make a list of things that you LIKE to do and put it on here for us to see! wink Keep us posted as you do FUN, HAPPY, EXCITING things and tell us how they made you feel. smile

5. Mild exercise will release endorphins, which make you FEEL GOOD!! laugh

6. Go to a movie, a ballgame, a play or some activity that requires you go OUTSIDE and tell us what you plan to do, what you ended up doing. wink

7. Participate in religious, social, or other activities and let us know HOW THAT MAKES YOU FEEL. smile

8. Feeling better takes time. Your mood will improve gradually. wink

9. Obey the doctor's orders about NO use of alcoholic products while on medication.

10. Positive thinking will replace the negative thinking as your depression responds to treatment. smile

11. Walk! Very simply, talk a walk. Look at nature. Listen to the birds; look at the clouds; watch squirrels, rabbits and little creatures play; smell the flowers and fresh cut grass; enjoy the beauty of all the different sights and sounds that blind and deaf people can not enjoy. wink

12. Count your blessings. Name them one by one. Look (and list?)for all the things that you have and CAN do that others DO NOT have and CAN NOT do. laugh

These are things that you can do anytime of the day or night to help make you HAPPY. These are things that HAPPY people do every day. I hope that these ideas help you and others!

(What is positive thinking? It is when YOU think, "I can smile when I look in the mirror", and you look at yourself, and YOU SMILE! That is positive thinking. If you looked at yourself and DID NOT smile after you said that, then you were thinking negatively. So, it is a matter of attitude, if we try to help you CONCENTRATE on remembering to smile MORE... like, you are my friend. ~~~~ laugh ~~~~~ I just SMILED at you! ~~~~~~~~~ laugh ~~~~~~~~~ Did you SMILE back at me? ~~~~~~~~~~ laugh ~~~~~~~~~ try it ~~~~~~~~~~~~ laugh ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ How does that feel? ~~~~ laugh ~~~ keep smiling ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ laugh ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ laugh ~~~ laugh ~~~ laugh ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ It feels GOOD to me to smile! Now we have to work on ways to get YOU to smile more, okay? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ laugh ~~~~~~~ laugh ~~)

The depressed person needs diversion and company SO keep coming back HERE and telling us HOW YOU ARE DOING and WHICH of these tips and hints are working the best FOR YOU! It will be best to TRY some of ALL of them and others you MUST do in order to be successful in happiness!

You need to be with people who care. That is us! Look at the forum called "CAN A FORCED SMILE MAKE YOU HAPPY?". It is a GREAT thing to keep in mind! Good Luck and best wishes!

May God bless you!

Trish

you are my friend. ~~~~ laugh ~~~~~ I just SMILED at you! ~~~~~~~~~ laugh ~~~~~~~~~ Did you SMILE back at me? ~~~~~~~~~~ laugh ~~~~~~~~~ try it ~~~~~~~~~~~~ laugh ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ How does that feel? ~~~ laugh ~~~~~~~~keep smiling~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ laugh ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ laugh ~~~ laugh ~~~ laugh ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ It feels GOOD to me to smile! Now we have to work on ways to get YOU to smile more, okay? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ laugh ~~~~~~~ laugh ~~)

CDM, this next part is not for you. Go ahead and start making your FUN lists, OKAY? wink

Trish

THIS NEXT PART IS FOR THE REST OF US, including Alexandra who seems so positive that it really puts off others with ailments.

IMPORTANT for all friends (and family) who want to HELP ANYONE who suffers from depression:

Keep reassuring the depressed person that, with time and help, he or she will feel better.

The most important thing anyone can do for the depressed person is encouraging the individual to stay with treatment or to seek different treatment if no improvement occurs.

Encourage participation in some activities that once gave pleasure, such as hobbies, sports, religious or cultural activities.

Invite the depressed person for walks, outings, to the movies, and other activities.

Engage the depressed person in conversation and listen carefully.

Offer emotional support, which involves understanding, patience, affection, and encouragement, but point out realities and offer hope.

What we should NOT do:

Do not accuse the depressed person of not listening to our advice or understanding all of our halp.

Don't make too many demands because it can increase feelings of failure.

Do not disparage feelings expressed by the depressed person.

All of the above information can be found at the following website:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
Trish thank you for posting that. You are a true friend and someone I look up to. Your words are always very healing for me. Unlike some of the others that respond to these. I find some people that add there input here are more hurt than help to those of us that need the help the most. We are here because we need some incouragement. We are this way and NOT BY CHOICE. I would never choose to feel as bad as I do. I would love to be happy and loving life. Anyway, Trish you are a Blessing from God. I do believe that!!

Thank you for YOUR support!

Chris

H
Koala
Koala
H
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta
i will forget my happy state and begin writing?
Holly is that good?

smile If we're out of practice, yes, i think it helps to jot down a note or two... maybe at the end of the day. Because we tend to forget! Now, if i look in my journal, i see reminders of what things make me happy, and some days i need that.

You asked for examples of things that will make you happy. But happiness is very individual. Some people love digging in the dirt of their garden. Others see that as work and don't enjoy it.

Someone else's list of happy thoughts is remote to you. But if i had to guess at some of the things that make you happy, i would say they might include:

When you feel you've done something or are something special... particularly when someone else notices it. Perhaps if you wrote down compliments you receive in a journal, that would make a nice collection to revisit and smile. smile

I think you also like playfulness and good jokes, particularly when they require intelligence.

I think you enjoy some things of the senses... what they are i don't know... scenery? birdsong? a nice meal? deep breathing? a scent? music?

I think you like helping people.

I think you enjoy learning, and if i remember right, i think you said you enjoy reading.

These are just a few things... watch when you find yourself smiling. smile

Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.