logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
diddysg Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? and may not even realize it?

Does anyone know the list of about 10 traits for BPD to look for?

B-E-Z
Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
G
Hi, I am new here. My husband constantly tells me he thinks that I have severe personality disorders. He jokes about it, but deep down I know he believes it to be true. He is awfully supportive and never would intentionally hurt me. But I do wonder. What are the symptoms? Is it anything like multiple personalities which I know I do not have?

K
K
Quote:
Hello

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? and may not even realize it?

Does anyone know the list of about 10 traits for BPD to look for?

Are you looking for the list, or are you just seeing if anyone else knows it as well? I'm a mental health counsellor, and I could probably give you ten traits of BPD.

D
D
I was thought to be borderline for many years until I finally let it be known that I have alters, now I'm clinically diagnosed with DID. I hid it for a long time and then I gained control over it and when I had a stroke in 2004 my alters came back stronger than ever.

Are some of the signs similar as far as Boderline and DID go...other than the alters?

The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.
~~ John Powell
S
S
Here's an absolutely phenomenal site for resources pertaining to BPD: http://www.bpdresources.com/generalresources.html

She also has a section that is unequaled for people who are families of folks with BPD diagnosis.

Are you a Square-Peg-Person in a round-hole world? Find your tribe at http://www.square-peg-people.com
Amoeba
Amoeba
At the site below you will find DID and BPD compared fairly well in explanation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query...p;dopt=Abstract

Carissa Vaughn Mental Health Editor
S
S
MM,
I been told I'm BPD but I dont quite understand what that means. Could someone put it in simpler terms then the links that are posted on here.

SapphireMoon

I am who I am, a Witch.
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
From what I understand, Borderline Personality Disorder doesn't tend to acutally "split" into separate (full-blown) identities. DID patients tend to have fully formed identities; with names, separate personailities and habits. And often a DID person's identities don't know what each other are doing, resulting in "blank spaces".

BPD has identity disturbance, meaning (I think) that you feel "unreal" at times, kind of like watching yourself doing things, and wanting to stop, but not being able to. But there aren't actual separate identities.

I know even with [just] bi-polar, I kind of feel that sort of dissociation. Where I know I'm reacting to things in an odd way, but can't seem to control what I'm doing. Like laughing hysterically, talking 90 miles an hour, or exploding over little things. But BPD sounds like a more severe version of this.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.