#320439 06/08/07 01:13 AM
D
das Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Is getting books published very tough?
How does one get books on inspiration or self development published?
Or it is abetter idea to offer online ebooks at a price?
Holly is thinking of writing a book and that made me think about this.

Any body knows?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
das #320524 06/08/07 08:49 AM
D
das Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Has anybody bought eBook on this forum?
Will you buy?
what will motivate you to buy an eBook?
Or you would rather buy a printed book?

das #320590 06/08/07 11:37 AM
J
Koala
Koala
J
I've purchased quite a few ebooks or downloaded free ones. The price and the idea of getting it instantly is enticing. Most of mine came from joining programs, such as the Wealth Beyond Reason program. He has about 8 books in the program, all available in ebook form so you you instant access to them.

Ebooks are not always inexpensive however and many times I end up printing out sections as I don't like sitting at the computer and reading a book. The going price is about $29. You can purchase a print book for that most times.

If you have an inspirational book you'd like to get published, you might try Hay House. They do inspirational books and are good to work with, I hear.

One piece of advise on selling ebooks, as I've made a study of it, thinking I would do it. You need a place where people can sign up for a newsletter so you can get email addresses and you have to give away lots of content to keep your book in people's minds if they don't purchase immediately. I heard that of only one percent of those on a given email list will actually buy the book. You'd need about 100,000 people on your newsletter/email list to have much sales from an ebook.

I have a friend who did one and she sold her one percent but she didn't have many people signed up so that only equaled about 3 ebooks.

joanj #320594 06/08/07 11:48 AM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Writers here at BellaOnline.com publish eBooks through bellaonline.com. BellaOnline does not retain any of the money you sell them for! I had one when I wrote for the Preschool education site. If you can figure out how to sell an eBook through a personal website, you can make your own money that way. There are several cheap and reliable self-publishing places like Lulu.com where someone can order your book online and have it printed and mailed to them. I believe cafepress is the same way. I have pitched one of my novels to an agent who is interested in looking at my first draft when I am done. That doesn't guarentee she will take me on to finish it and send it to publishers. Mostly it depends on luck, hard work, and doing your best at your craft!

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.