Why nothing?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
It's a new day.

It isn't always easy to see things to look forward to. Sometimes we have troubles or sorrows and it is a challenge to find the gifts in each day. But the gifts are always there, whether we see them or not. And they are plentiful. Each day holds things for us... beauty, love, laughter, learning, sharing,... if we can find it.

When my father lost a daughter... he ignored his other children for years. He did not see the gifts in his life. He didn't know her very well before she died, because he was too busy for her, for all of us. I can understand how he reacted when she died... it's understandable to be grieving... but i still would have wished for him he could have woken up and seen what he still had, and used his loss to deepen his appreciation of and his relationships with those of us who were still there with him and wanted his closeness. We were right under his nose... yet he couldn't see us.

And i've been like that too sometimes when i've gotten lost in sadness. Sadness can be like quicksand. But sometimes you just have to get your mind off whatever is sucking you in and look up, look around... reach out and talk to people and get involved in life. Get your mind off things. Help someone else or just go back to basics and learn again how to appreciate weather, nature, music, healthy food, great ideas, good books and people.

best wishes to all.

D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
Thanks Holly, you are a dear.
Your message has changed my state.
I will go out and meet friends.

Thank you so much.
Didn't I say earlier that you are a lovely human being?

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Thank you. You are too, das. smile

Last edited by hollyelise; 05/25/07 01:14 PM.
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Today i am very looking forward to finishing another big knitting project. I love doing my work, i'm so lucky! And i'm also looking forward to sitting on the porch and drinking tea, of working on things around my house today, and in the evening taking a long walk on the trail. smile

D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
We are buying a new PC today.

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
smile That's fun!

D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
Thanks.
I am looking forward to a joke from you tomorrow.

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Today i am looking forward to seeking balance.

Sometimes this isn't always easy for me. My thoughts want to go where it isn't good for me to dwell. So once in a while when i feel i am getting off balance, i pull back a little, try to close off from things that pull me off balance, and instead reach into the timeless strength of the earth, and the simple parts of life like taking care of myself, making a simple meal, cleaning my room.

Today we had a downpour and it was lovely. The evening is coming and i'm about to go on my walk and smell the fresh air and listen to the birds and watch the sunset. These things restore and give strength. smile

D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
I was looking forward to some thoughful posts from Holly. Holly, please begin a new topic or something to discuss.

Page 6 of 134 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 133 134

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.