Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
#312411 05/09/07 11:31 PM
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
I used to think being silly was somehow unevolved. But after living through some experiences where everything was deadly serious, i came to appreciate play and being silly, and even all the "unimportant" stuff in society as being very important indeed!

Play helps us to relieve stress, it helps us focus on the good parts of life, it helps us to bond with others over sharing good feelings, it brings us into the moment, it recharges our energy and so many wonderful things.

Have you played today? Have you told a joke? Have you been willing to be silly and risk letting others see you that way? Can you play with children like you are a child yourself?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
Hollyelise,

Even if we remain serious all our life, we will die and go to dust.
Better have some fun and play like a child.

das #312428 05/10/07 12:49 AM
D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
can we begin telling some jokes?

das #312481 05/10/07 08:48 AM
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
YES! laugh That sounds WONDERFUL! laugh laugh laugh

It will be interesting too if we can find jokes that work across cultures! smile

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
It had been snowing for hours when an announcement came over the high school intercom: "Will the students who are parked on University Drive please move their cars so that we may begin plowing."

Twenty minutes later there was another announcement: "Will the twelve hundred students who went to move 26 cars, return to class."

D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
That is a class joke.

das #312696 05/11/07 09:31 AM
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
Class as in education, or class as in society class? I didn't see it as a society class joke, did you?

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
hahahah. It still works! laugh

Regarding the other, no i was not trying to make another joke but was sincerely inquiring because i'm concerned i might have unintentionally offended das. I thought about it a long time after reading his comment, because his comment puzzled me. And i thought, India has had a very different history than America with social class structure, and whereas i don't see the students in the joke as coming from any particular social class... well i just hope this wasn't a case of a joke meaning something entirely different when read by someone from a different country.

I've had a joke backfire before when it crossed international borders, and don't want it to happen again, but sometimes i just don't know enough to avoid the risk. I told a sports joke a few years ago to a Scottish penpal of mine, and it used the word, "jock," which in America only means an athlete very focused on sports. The joke had nothing to do with nationalities. But I was completely oblivious to the fact that in the U.K., "jock" is an insulting term used to label Scots, and he was completely oblivious to the fact that here it means something completely different. Well the joke backfired so horribly, that my penpal wouldn't even talk to me for days and then was very curt! We eventually got the misunderstanding all straightened out, but man! That was painful!

D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
In India any thing very good is called class.

D
das Offline
Gecko
Gecko
D
Originally Posted By: Barbara_Sloan
Class as in school, or are you making another joke? smile

I have to admit play is a big part of my daily life, and I'm so glad you opened this thread, Holly.

My favorite joke is a silly one, and it works more as a visual than verbal, but here goes: A man is walking along a street with one foot up on the curb and the other foot in the gutter, which is making him move in a very off-balance way. A cop pulls up beside him and says, "Buddy, you're drunk." A look of relief crosses the man's face, and he says, "Oh, thank God. I thought I was crippled."

Every time I walk on a street that has a curb.... smile

That was a great joke.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.