Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
DPu Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
D
I thought I would drop in some killer news for everyone who doesn't go to many news sites.

Most of you know me & know I don't follow mainstream wrestling for many reasons. I lost interest, being one & the most recent being lack of time. However, I'm quite big on a promotion by the name of Ring of Honor. You can check my write ups on the original pages of the fringe, but this will hopefully give you all more of a reason to give the company a chance.

Two days ago, it was announced that Ring of Honor will be available on ppv coming up July 1st. This does many things for people as now they don't have to feel like they're wasting time and money by purchasing $20 dvd's that they feel will only watch once. All you need to do is find a good time that the show's playing & order it for $10. That's damn near 80% cheaper than Wrestlemania & I'm sure most of you will be more impressed.

Just remember a lot of these guys you will probably have not heard of but will be in your best interest to check out. Their first show will be taped next Saturday in NYC at the Manhattan Center (The old Raw building). There has been no card announced yet the show is almost SOLD OUT. That has to tell you something about the product.

I just ask that you all give it a chance, you all gave TNA a chance & it's falling a bit apart, however this company has continued to deliver and improve. Save 10 measely dollars & give it a chance. Thank you all!

PS: You can check out the video roster they have signed as well as the information on the ppv at rohwrestling.com. The video is available at rohvideos.com

Last edited by DPu; 05/04/07 07:16 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Hi ya Dpu.

I'm on Dial up and live in Indonesia so getting ROH live or on replay is impossible.

But, I was wanting to know if you, or anyone else can recommend some great ROH DVD's? I'm mainly keen on stuff heavy with Samoa Joe and Aj Styles.
But, I'm certainly willing to check out other matches. I have downloaded a few on my last trip to Australia and liked what I saw.

Thanks
Tik'

I'll rap you with my Cane, you Pencil Neck Geek!!!
D
DPu Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
D
I can most definitely recommend at least a few. If you're into AJ Styles, I would definitely check out Main Event Spectacles, War of the Wire (Has AJ vs. Joe), Night of Grudges & possibly This Means War. Now Samoa Joe, At Our Best, World Title Classic, Midnight Express Reunion, Joe vs. Punk 2, & of course Joe vs. Kobashi.

If you feel like checking out newer talent, I would very much recommend the Generation Next show which has a good Homicide/Samoa Joe match. Happy choosing. :o).

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I don't think TNA is falling apart and far from it. They are only going to get bigger and really give Vince a run for his money.

ROH will start ten dollar pay-per-views is a good thing. TNA started out with PPV's like that and now have a national network deal. Maybe ROH will be able to do that as well.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Gecko
Gecko
Thanks for the tips DPU. Are any of those dvd's Tournament style? I know ROH has them and I'm keen to check it out. Like the old days of King of the Ring smile

As for WWE, we stopped getting it over here a few months ago. But I'd already tuned out anyway. Were it still on I'd only watch it if there was nothing better on.

In response to Anika;
A 90 min RAW would be a good idea. As for the wrestling, are you still talking Pro Wrestling, but chain or ground/scientific based? Or actually Amatuer or Shoot Wrestling styles? If he's going back to the basics that will still work. Look at Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit and from the old days Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat. All awesome! It'll work, and it'll be good! But the high flyers will still be there too, so don't worry.

If 'Taker loses the belt he won't be getting it back. This is a Torch passing faze.

Calling Batista the Ultimate Warrior is a bit rough! What did Dave ever do to you? wink

Vince loves himself. I bet he wishes he was Asexual. The man just cannot keep himself outta the spotlight. He's worse than Dusty, Nash and Jarrett combined.

Anika, I definately agree with you re TNA.

Tik'

Last edited by Tikus; 05/08/07 11:47 PM.

D
DPu Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
D
Wow, where to start? Well, first off I will have to disagree with you amadeus & here's why. TNA is constantly putting money out left and right. I don't even want to know how much they're paying Kurt Angle as well as scott steiner, jeff jarret, kevin nash (if he's even on tv anymore) and vince russo. They seemed to pick up w/ the ratings, but to my best knowledge, didn't they just show Sting vs. Angle & only received a .95 rating? Raw's usually up in the 4.0. Tna has yet to surpass a 2.0 rating to again my best knowledge.

Now they're also taking away some of their wrestlers livelihood. Take Austin Starr for example, he gets suspended mainly because of not understanding why he had to tape his promo on one of his days off instead of during the tapings while he was doing nothing. Granted he may have handled the situation poorly, now not only is he suspended, but he's not allowed to work shows that could provide him w/ a decent income such as Ring of Honor & PWG. Now TNA says their talent can't be on shows that sell dvd's via the internet.

They also have russo booking (again, my last knowledge).

With all the problems, TNA more than likely can't hack it let alone be competition for wwe. Although they should've died years ago & have yet to. So maybe they might make it. But I don't realistically see them becomming wwe's competition. Regardless of being the better show or not.

ROH will more than likely not follow TNA's way of getting a television deal. The idea w/ the ppv is to get the name out & give casual fans a chance to check it out at their convenience w/o dropping $20 a dvd. I honestly don't see ROH moving into big tv deals, they're quite happy w/ just dvd sales & soon to be the ppv.

I think the screw w/ Kennedy might be they don't think he's ready to run w/ the title just yet. My opinion though as I don't follow the product. As far as the Undertaker goes, he needs to move on. He's getting too old & is falling apart. They can't have their champion injured. I hope he doesn't get another title run in 5 years.

I don't think going 90 minutes is good, they have too many workers. Vince has also tried to be going more so w/ a "pure" wrestling style that doesn't include tons of high spots for the past few years. Infact I remember at one moment that was in place & during a Tajiri/Rhyno match, he went out there & put them & their match down for doing as they were told. I love fast paced style, but it is definitely a smart move to not always work a hard style which leaves guys injured.

I'm amazed John Cena could actually go an hour after all these years. I won't touch ECW. As I said about tna, they are worse than wwe with having an idea of how to use the amazing talent they have. Half of the x-division has fought for kevin nash's affection. Makes me sick.

I guess I will touch on ECW, Vince doesn't like the fact that Paul doesn't want to answer to him. Vince wants his view of ECW & that's it. I honestly don't know if he realized ECW could've made him huge amounts of money or not. But I know he's too stubborn to let Paul run "his" show. As far as I know, they're keeping Paul so they don't let someone else use his amazing mind.

Tikus: None of the dvd's I mentioned have a tournament that I know of. The ones you would be looking for would be the Round Robin Challenge shows (1, 2 & 3), The 2nd Anniversary Show (Tournament to crown the first Pure Wrestling Champ), Survival of the Fittest (Has 6 matches, then each winner fights in a 6-man elimination match, the first one from 04 has a great Austin "Starr" Aries vs. Danielson match.) & the Trios Tournament/Tag Wars 06 which feature 6-Man matches.

I'm glad to help when it comes to ROH. I was in the position of being a frustrated WWE fan and still somewhat am. I would recommend waiting on the many buy 3 get 1 free sales which occur at least once a month. They're very much worth it unless a dvd you want is sometimes available on their $10 dvd sale. I'm done ranting for now. :o).

Gecko
Gecko
Anika, I know it sucks when our favs get old. But it's just a fact. I hated it when Macho man had no place in wrestling. I waited and waited for the original Demolition to return and decimate the Tag Team scene again. Didn't happen. I had a lump in my throat watching the Ric Flair DVD, seeing him decline over the years. What a wrestler HE WAS! Undertaker will never be replaced, that's a fact.

Dpu, I agree mostly about TNA. They are not serious competition to WWE. But they are still a nagging concern I think. No way WWE wanted to lose Angle or Christian to them, and they'd be despertae to get Sting (have been for years) and Samoa Joe & A J Styles.

I also think TNA is soooo much better to watch than WWE. So long as they don't [censored] too much in their own nest they will continue to grow. It IS a mistake to stop their talent from wrestling on other shows though. ROH/NJW/NOAH fans will watch TNA if they see TNA talent show cased on their said favourite promotion.

I'm gonna buy some ROH stuff soon. What about NOAH product?
Also, I purchased some Shoot Interviews from ROH a while back. The latest one I purchased was the Mick Foley interview. Are there any new ones someone can recomend? Where is Mick Foley now?

Tikus

Gecko
Gecko
By the way. Anika & Dpu, please please please take the time to vote your winners in the Legends Crocket Cup post

'Tik

D
DPu Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
D
Oh I do feel wwe sees them & is somewhat scared. They haven't run a ppv in Orlando since an In Your House in the early 90's & their next one is going to be the biggest one they have? & they don't recognize tna? Ya, alright. wwe wouldn't sign Joe because he doesn't have their "look" & AJ refused to sign w/ wwe. I believe I mentioned a while back that the Noah dvd called Autumn Navigation 06 is definitely one to be checked out. Kenta vs. Marifuji was just insnanely awesome!

That's the only one I've seen thus far, as far as shoots, the Samoa Joe one is funny and any of the ones w/ CM Punk are hilarious as well. Jim Mitchell had a good one & since you're a fan of older wrestling, I would very much suggest the Cornette/Heenan shoots although I have only seen parts of 3. Steve Corino is also a funny character.

& Anika, the sooner you move on, the better. I finally had to do it myself w/ Raven as well as Bret Hart. I know it's hard, but it must be done!

Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Anika
I was like this when Jake Roberts left.

Really? I just assumed you were a young newer fan (just by the tone of your Posts). Or are you talking about when he left after his brief comeback. The one that pretty much ended when Austin 3:16 kicked off?

Just curious

Tikus

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.