Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#310546 05/01/07 07:59 AM
babak Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
In Iran we have some people that move to warmer area in middle of autumn and back to colder places (mountains) in middle of spring. These days you can see them are moving to North. These are some picture about them.
Do you have such people in your country?
[img]BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
I'm sorry but I can't see the pictures.... frown

I remember watching a programme made in Australia about a group of people who referred to themselves as "silver Nomads"..they had retired, their kids had moved out of the family home, so they either sold it, or rented it out and used the spare money to buy big camper vans, or winebagos, and spent their entire lives just travelling around australia, following the good weather.....

I loved it! I thought it was a brilliant idea!
It followed five or six different people or couples...showed their stories, and how they'd come to enjoy and experience travelling....

I'd like to do that, one day.

Shark
Shark
This site might be of interest. There are many families who travel full time in North America.

I hope to travel full time in a couple of years.

Diane Claus
Parakeet
Parakeet
I think there are still some shepherds who move from the summer pasture to the winter pasture with their sheep or cattle, but it's only a process of days because the animals move slowly. Land has been chopped up and privatized too much to allow people to move as necessary to live off the land.

Some of the Pacific Northwest Indians still travel to their historical fishing grounds during Salmon season and their reservations include parts of their other historical range (where different crops and wild foods are available), but not all of them, so they can't live their prior nomadic lifestyle.

Here's a video of the main Salmon fishing and trade area near my house, before it was flooded to build a dam.

The local tribes still fish in the traditional manner though

Julie

Elephant
Elephant
I would love to live a nomadic life. I know there are "snow birds" who essentially live a "nomadic" life... but to truly do it. I don't know if I would be scared or have a blast!

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
babak Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I love travel a lot and at least one time per year we travel across Iran and a lot of short travels. My daughter love we spend night in tent during traveling but for my wife clean toilet (W.C) is more important so we have never been camp out so far.

Alexandra
I don't know why you couldn't see them but the site is
http://www.farsnews.net/imgrep.php?nn=8602060032

hope can see photos there.

Zebra
Zebra
Bless you babak, the first time I accessed the thread I couldn't see the photos...the second, time I could.... I should have mentioned that....(The guy in the first photo could be modelling for Armani...!)

babak Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Alexandra
You mean Armenia I guess. You look the picture so sharp.
Yeah seems he has a cross in his necklace! But I don't think he was a Christian. Nowadays a cross necklace became fashion here, my daughter has one too. You are a smart guy.

Elephant
Elephant
yeah.. crosses are "in". I know many a jew and others who wear them.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Parakeet
Parakeet
Actually, I think Alexandria meant the fashion designer Armani. But it's kind of interesting how crosses are such a fashion item worldwide! Several years ago I had regular arguments with my step-daughter about not wearing cross jewelry to Catholic school (she's not Christian) because it was insulting to the many firm and strong believers among the staff (and students.)

Julie

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rachel - Middle East 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.