logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hi, I first want to thank all of you for the information you provided me on Beginning to Knit Socks. I have purchased yarn and needles in the past, and I just went to their website to look for any books that may be of help, and they have several to choose from, and the prices are amazing.
Simple Socks "Plain & Simple" by Priscilla A. Gibson-Roberts it is $10.47, Easy Knitted Socks by Jeanette Trotman it is $13.57, Folk Socks by Nancy Bush it is $14.93 and Knit Socks by Betsy Lee McCarthy it is $10.47. Knitpicks.com prices on yarn is excellent and if you spend $45.00 or more, the shipping is "Free", and we all like free, and when purchasing good yarn it can add up quite easily. Hope that this may help anyone who is in search of good website to purchase from. I also have had to call on a few occasions and their Customer Service is outstanding, answering all my questions.
Everyone, have a wonderful day. blush

NOTE: New users are not allowed to add links/urls nor images of any kind to their posts or signature!

Last edited by Sadhana - Indian Food; 02/12/13 04:02 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Hi everyone,
may I also point those who like visual instructions to The Zen of Socks DVD. It not only teaches you how to knit socks, step by step:)) but it also teaches knitting to the very beginners.
And it is priced as an average knitting book.

NOTE: New users are not allowed to add links/urls nor images of any kind to their posts or signature!

Last edited by Sadhana - Indian Food; 02/12/13 03:59 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
Charlene Schurch has two lovely books out which are ideal for sock knitters, I have a review of her first book here -BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.