Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K

If you're a woman who has a list of attributes a man must have � tall, dark, handsome � is a wrong to include "wealthy," too?

If you're a man who makes six-figures-plus a year, is it wrong to chat that up to a woman you're into?

It's funny but there's a certain hypocrisy in the dating world. Online dating sites regularly include a spot to post your income and the income of your desired beloved. I find that kind of tacky, but that's because I don't pay too much attention to what a man makes, and I sure hope he doesn't pay too much to my income. I've heard from some men that women regularly come right out and ask how much he makes � on a first date! How rude!

But if a woman says she desires a man who makes six-figures and up, she's labeled a gold digger. And if a guy puts it out there for the world to see, he shouldn't get too miffed if women react to to the numbers he's flinging.

It seems that if income is a big issue for you as a single, there should be a place where you could tout it proudly. Now, I guess you can. There are a few sites offering up men who make the big bucks � http://wealthymen.com and www.dateamillionaire.com � proving that for every sugar daddy who wants a young plaything, there's a supple young thing named Pookieangel or Angeleyes who wants to play along.

I say, great. Get 'em off the regular online dating sites so the rest of us can meet someone whose goals, values and interests are the same as ours, and don't come with a price tag.

Same thing with the sites for men looking to be sugar daddies � http://redeye.chicagotribune.com/red-030207-sugar-main,1,3868621.story?ctrack=2&cset=true

If married men want to have "sugar babies" � women in their early 20s whom they meet "for trysts, and upon whom he lavishes expensive gifts and hard cash � anywhere from $600 to $1,500 a date," go ahead.

Here's how one guy justifies it: "His relationships are more intimate and altruistic than a typical prostitute-john transaction, Mark insists. �A professional is someone who jumps up as soon as she's done, and a sugar babe is someone who will hold you in her arms for hours afterward,� he said. �I'm not paying for sex. I'm helping somebody out financially.�

Right.
And his sugar babe isn't serving as a prostitute, either.

But at least everyone's signing up for that site knowing what he and she's getting into � unlike some men I've met from the regular dating sites (Match, etc.) who assumed they could "have" me on the first date for the price of a nice dinner.

What's more honest?

Kat Wilder's My So-called Midlife

Sponsored Post Advertisement
O
Shark
Shark
O
In my experience, it seems that superficial men seem to place a woman's physical beauty above (and sometimes to the exclusion) of all else, while superficial women seem to place a man's income above (and sometimes to the exclusion of) all else. In my opinion, barbie doll golddiggers and wealthy womanizers deserve each other. I much prefer a man with intelligence, a sense of humor, and a desire to keep learning about the world to a man with an overstuffed pocketbook and designer abs.

K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
I'm with you on that.
I just hope they don't breed!!!!
;-)

N
Gecko
Gecko
N
I think most women regard the income issue more as a security/stability issue than a status issue. Most women I know don't require the six figure income but do require financial security and stability. I do take it into account. On the other hand, I do know a couple women who DO require the big bucks. Haven't really asked them much about it.

K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
I agree that for some it is more security/stability, too, nosy. But in this day, when women are working, too, is it still that important? Maybe if you're looking to have babies, but what if the man wants to stay home and raise the kids? Issue or not?

N
Gecko
Gecko
N
No matter how independent and financially secure the woman is I'd guess that the same qualities in a partner would be desirable. I'm ok w/either parent staying home to raise the kids if that's what they want to do. Assuming of course, that the one who chooses to stay home is a stable and significant contributor to the household/family. It's not a money thing, it's how good you are at what you do and how reliable you are. I don't think I'd want someone who can't hold down a job and support themselves getting the job of raising my kids. Think of it as a resume for the job.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.