logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I like drinking out of a nice tall glass when im out but at home id much prefer the convience of drinking out the bottle

Sponsored Post Advertisement
It really depends on the beer. I love necking a cold bottle or can of lager like a Bud, Schlitz or Moretti but I wouldn't think of drinking a good Belgium beer or Guinness out of anything but a good glass.

A good bitter has to come in a glass, probably a tankard, because it comes in a barrel.

zeriva discover your potential at www.healthwizard.yourpower2be.com
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
I have to admit I always like a beer more when they served it to me in a frosted beer mug - but thats just me.

Sorry Donny, could it be from the town of Luettich or its brewer? Not sure. In Belgium they have almost as many glass types as they have beers and it is fun to collect them, and the beer to go with them. One of my favourites is Duval. I love to use different glasses and to see that frosting on a hot day is one of the best sights around. God, go to go and grab a brew. LOL

M
M
[quote=rachael24]They are some good tips about the glass...and I use most of these techniques when serving beer. I always use a pint glass or a pilsner glass. Never use the bottle or can. [/quote] "Good" beer is wonderful out of a glass, just as good beer shouldn't be served ice cold. ;) If you can't drink it out of a glass its probably because it has off-aromas that you can't detect straight out of the bottle. And it may be the very same reason that same beer is best served ice cold, because that beer doesn't taste good unless something in the beer is masked with lower temperatures. ;)

Happy New Year! for me, when it comes to having a cold one I prefer a big glass mug... chilled!

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
How about at beer festivals? Most provide plastic tasting glasses, like little mini pilsners. The really good ones give you glass, which I prefer. Savor, in Washington DC gives out stemmed glasses shaped like mini brandy snifters. They're pretty, and concentrate the aromas to your nose.

Carolyn, Beer & Brewing Editor
The Beer Fox

Beer and Brewing Website
Beer & Brewing Forums

Shark
Shark
Even I like drinking beer straight from the bottle, do hell with glasses, they give me immense satisfaction.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I agree, MisterD. Really good beer, as it warms, changes in profile. It becomes more intense while the secondary and tertiary aromas emerge and blend. It definitely enhances food.

Carolyn, Beer & Brewing Editor
The Beer Fox

Beer and Brewing Website
Beer & Brewing Forums

J
J
The traditionally held-to-be proper way to drink from a wine glass, especially when drinking white or otherwise chilled wine, is to grasp it by the stem. The most commonly accepted reasoning for this is to avoid fingerprints on the bowl, and to prevent the temperature of the wine from being affected by body heat.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.