logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#139937 08/16/02 02:27 PM
Longdex Offline OP
OP Offline
In some of my recipes i have come up with call for M&P does anybody no what this is

Get your longboard before they are gone
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#139938 08/16/02 06:54 PM
M&P is melt and pour soap. It comes in a block, which you simply melt, add color and/or scent and pour into a mold. You can purchase it at just about any craft store that offers simple soapmaking products. I've purchased it from Pat Catans and Joann.

#139939 08/16/02 09:37 PM
Gecko
Gecko
She's right M & P stands for melt n pour soap.

I usually by all of my melt n pour base at Bittercreek. It's been my experience that you'll pay less at Bittercreek even after paying shipping than you will for a block in a craft store. However, do at least call your craft store and check because different areas may be cheaper.

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I used M & P once. I was not to thrilled with it compared to my handcrafted olive oil soap.

Kim DeLeary
Paranormal Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Melt and pour soap is a ready made product. Some soapers say that it is not 'real' soap. However, for those who craft soap as artistic products, the opinion is that it is one canvas upon which to craft something unique. In addition, plain melt and pour soap makes an excellent product for sensitive skin. Ingredients may be added to make specialty soap for different skin conditions as the nutritive elements are not destroyed by lye.

In addition, because one does not have to deal with lye, there is relatively no danger in making melt and pour soaps; it makes a nice family project. Equipment needed to customize melt and pour soaps are also cost effective - You essentially need a pot or some container in which to melt the soap in and the other ingredients; fragrance oil, colorants and a mold. Melt and pour soap may be purchased at most soapmaking sites. Here are a couple. To buy in bulk and retail see ---

BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Editor, Soapmaking site at Bellaonline
Soapmaking Site at Bellaonline

Soap making kits, DIY bath and body kits and customizable labels.
PerfumeKits.com
S
S
Just like some people create better handcrafted soap than others, there are some melt and pour soap bases that are better than others. Some people claim not to like m&p because it has a chemical or alcohol smell to it, doesn't lather well, or dries the skin--it can vary widely from manufacturer to manufacturer. There are three major manufacturers that most crafters use:
SFIC, Stephenson's, and Quality Cosmetica.

Most major internet suppliers use bases from one of those manufacturers. Each of the manufacturers can create custom bases, so it is possible that certain large suppliers are selling unique bases.

The best advice I can give is to try several different brands and determine which one you think is the best.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.