Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#301936 03/23/07 09:44 PM
iwonder Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I need help. I have the strangest dreams (?). When I was younger, say in my 20's I would float up to the ceiling and push away from it, I would try to speak--look at my dh in bed and want to say, look at me, I'm up here. But I couldn't speak. It really scared me. After five or so years of this it no longer scared me, I would just go with it and direct myself around the ceiling fan and what not. But I would always wake up immediately when it ended. And as of late I'm flying places... to the home we lived in when we first married, and last weekend to my mother's. And what's even stranger, last weekend while asleep I realize that this is happening, and I tell myself, Ok I'll go to my mothers. And I did. And I still can't speak to my husband, and I wake up when it's over. I don't know...

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Hello & welcome to the New Age forum smile

You are astral travelling in your dreams. We can all leave our bodies when we sleep- but most of us are unaware- we don't recall & we don't consciously direct the travelling.

You have a gift- it's scaring you now, but many people would *love* to be able to do what you can do. Why not treat this as an exciting experiment? Talk to your husband about it. Ask him to put an object up high just before bedtime- top of wardrobe for example- and see if you can describe it next morning.

Don't be scared. I read a book by someone who consciously cultivated this ability: Adventures Beyond the Body by William Buhlman. It might help you to track it down & have a read- you'll realise that you aren't the only one doing this.

iwonder Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Sometimes I wish I could just sing! But thanks for the comment and I will read the book. I just need to pick some exciting places to travel to. Hmmm. Yes, my daughter just thinks this is the best, she's jealous. But I guess everything I read leads me to wonder, is this lucid dreaming, is it astral traveling, or out of body experience, or is all of that the same?

L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Quote:
I guess everything I read leads me to wonder, is this lucid dreaming, is it astral traveling, or out of body experience, or is all of that the same?

Good question! I guess astral travelling implies a bit more of a journey than floating up to the ceiling & back- a classic OOBE (out of body experience). You can also astral travel deliberately. People develop ways of 'remote viewing' by sending a part of their consciousness out on the astral for example. Lucid dreaming happens when you know you are asleep & dreaming and so can direct from within your dream state- I believe it can lead to astral travel & OOBEs but may not do. As this happens to you whilst you are sleeping and you can direct yourself over a distance you seem to be combining all three hence the confusion!

I'm glad your daughter thinks it is cool. Relax with your gift and see where it leads smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.