logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
It must make them so proud to be Americans........

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
I believe that this problem is not only in the USA. All the countries suffer from it. rather it is to the credit of the USA, that such news gets out. Many other nations would never allow that.

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
First, I'm not sure about the sourcce, but assuming it is accurate, I don't think it is becuase they are Americans either. It is becuase they are at war, and they are trained killers living in brutal circumstances.

Fighting in a war would bring out the worst in most of us... it does, it has. It is shameful that America as a country supports a war with no end, but a strong point made by cdmohatta that the reporters have exposed such a thing.

Zebra
Zebra
You think "all countries" have women in the army who are systematically raped by their colleagues?

I have never heard of this happening in the UK. Isolated cases, perhaps yes... And I used to live in Aldershot, a military town in the UK, and had many women friends who were in the army. Nobody ever mentioned this, although discussions about equality and treatment came up many times....
In the western world, this kind of thing is far more open to exposure than in other parts, due to freedom of speech, and freedom of the press, so I don't think it may be as rife as you believe...
perhaps "all countries" is a bit of a sweeping statement....

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Give credit to the vibrant press of the USA please.

Zebra
Zebra
why? Yes, by all means, but, why? I would deplore the fact instead, that it was necessary for them to have to report this in the first place. it should not have happened....

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
That problem was for the Govt. If press can find and report, corrective actions can be taken. Not otherwise. Any dictator gags the press first.

Zebra
Zebra
It's also a problem for the army!!

Shark
Shark
I think rape is a worldwide issue and wearing a uniform does not shield you from the risk of it. No country is safe from the issue of rape.

This one starts with the racy title "THE BIG COVER UP 30 years of British army rape in Kenya"

A few comments that jumped out.."British troops tortured, raped, mululated, starved and executed hundreds of thousands, reminiscent of Nazi Germany" and "In the UK rape victims face hostility and character assassination, and less than 6% of reported rapes result in conviction."

http://www.globalwomenstrike.net/English2005/KenyaRapeLeaflet.htm

"Two soldiers from Prince Harry's Army regiment will today appear in court charged with raping a 17-year-old girl in a park."
http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2006/10/05/two-soldiers-from-prince-harrys-army-regiment-charged-with-rape/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fmain.jhtml%3Fxml%3D%2Fnews%2F2006%2F10%2F05%2Furape.xml&frame=true

But rape doesn't seem to stop with America and the UK...

"Four Iraqi soldiers have been accused of raping a 50-year-old Sunni woman and the attempted rape of her two daughters in the second allegation of sexual assault leveled against Iraqi forces this week, an official said Thursday."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/02/22/ap/world/mainD8NENC280.shtml

"REPORT EXPOSES BURMESE ARMY'S SYSTEMATIC RAPE OF SHAN WOMEN"
http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/434.htm

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Barbara - Women's Issues 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.