Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#292231 02/13/07 06:40 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
I know some people who get no heart burn despite whatever they eat. why?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
I know a few of those people....I'm not one of them. I've found a wonderful and kind of unique remedy. It's actually a folk remedy and it really works. It sounds strange, but I swear by it. I'm plagued with heartburn. Maybe I won't have it for days, but when it hits, it hits HARD for days on end. I use organic apple cider vinegar (with the 'mother'....it has to have the 'mother' in it. Thats the sediment you see at the bottom of the bottle), honey and water tea. The dosage that works for me is to use at least a 10oz mug of water, 2 Tbs of apple cider vinegar and 2 Tbs honey. Heat it in the microwave and then sip it till gone. Individual tastes vary, so you can adjust the vinegar. It's best to try and consume at least 2 Tbs of vinegar a day in one way or another. Your heartburn will go away.

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
That sounds good.

M
M
Persistent heartburn is the most common (but not the only) symptom of GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). The main cause of reflux is abnormal function of the esophageal sphincter, a muscle located at the bottom of the esophagus where the esophagus joins the stomach. Some factors like certain foods or eating habits may aggravate the reflux, causing heartburn, but they are not the primary causes of GERD.

Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Yes.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: migal
Persistent heartburn is the most common (but not the only) symptom of GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). The main cause of reflux is abnormal function of the esophageal sphincter, a muscle located at the bottom of the esophagus where the esophagus joins the stomach. Some factors like certain foods or eating habits may aggravate the reflux, causing heartburn, but they are not the primary causes of GERD.

Love your definition smile

PlusDrugStore-With us buying drugs online is 100% safe and secure|Women's Health Drugs

T
Tef Offline
T
I would add that sometimes it's just genes. Sometimes it has to do with being overweight; it's also not uncommon during pregnancy. It can also be indicative of gall bladder disease, gastritis, or peptic/duodenal ulcers.

If you ask a gastroenterologist, they'll tell you basically that they really don't know why some people get heartburn and some don't!

Tef #323926 06/21/07 11:09 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
You are right about that Tef.

K
KLW Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
K
I am having a problem and I dont know what it might be from. I have been having nausea in the morning only when i wake up. I cant even take my pills, walk, or eat anything until it goes away. I have been diagnosed with GERD. I now started my Heartburn Medication at night to see what it does but there are some changes not much. Could this be a sign of GERD not under control?

KLW #376362 02/17/08 10:40 AM
J
Koala
Koala
J
You should try a cup of ginger tea at night and again on rising in the morning. Buy real ginger root in the grocery store, peel it and slice it up. Add to boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain off the ginger pieces and drink a cup in the am and a cup in the pm.

It will keep nicely in the frig too. If it's too strong once you've made it, you can dilute it with a little more water.

This works great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.