Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#297906 03/08/07 10:58 PM
L
OP Offline
L
can anyone steer me to a pattern for a 'bird nest' ring? i have been asked to make one for a friend, and even though it looks fairly simple, i don't want to waste any wire experimenting--here is a link to the look i need-
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

taking dreams and wrapping them in reality
ddd
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I've seen in Pasternak Findings store a meshed silver sheet that could be used for making a nest:
Decorative silver sheet
I believe using this sheet would require some soldering work, which is not a pure wire wrapping project.
Sarit.
Sarit Designs - Unique handcrafcted jewelry

Sarit #298113 03/09/07 09:21 PM
L
OP Offline
L
thanks Sarit, but i think that's a little beyond my abilities right now- smile i just really want to know the basic steps in the wire wrapped one, but haven't been able to find a tutorial on it--eni oken has one kinda like it, but not quite what i need--oh well, i'll keep looking--thanks again!
theresa

ddd
Parakeet
Parakeet
Have you searched on the websites for Bead and Button Magazine and Beadwork Magazine? They have lots of projects, and they may have something similar there. (Of course, it's never a good idea to copy someone's design exactly unless you have permission first.)

Chris Franchetti Michaels, BeadJewelry.net
L
OP Offline
L
hi chris, thanks for the suggestion, i have checked several mags and don't see what i'm looking for--as for copying-i've been on the other end of that myself, and believe me, i was plenty angry about it, and i am no newbie to this business, so don't worry about me stealing and using a design- not on my agenda ;)--will just keep looking and experimenting until i find the perfect design for what i want.
theresa

ddd
Parakeet
Parakeet
Sorry Theresa, just making sure! smile I bet you could come up with a design that works by experimenting with cheap wire. I think you'd probably need to use pretty small gauge (24 gauge, maybe?) and then use the standard ring technique, but experiment with wrapping in several small beads to see what works.

I'm really busy right now trying to finish a book, but by May I should be free again to do some experimenting of my own, and I'll see what I can come up with, too. If I do figure something out, I'll post it as a project.

Chris

Chris Franchetti Michaels, BeadJewelry.net
L
OP Offline
L
that's okay chris--and i was thinking along the same lines re:wire, but will probably use a 26G to practice with--just don't want to fiddle with it right now-got a lot going on, but i just can't seem to say NO to anyone smile so will have to bite the bullet and give it a go--i'll let you know if i am successful-thanks for offer to help experiment-hope book just writes itself for you! LOL! have a great evening and weekend!
theresa

ddd
B
B
Hi Try enioken.com there are tutorials. don't cost toom much either some are free but there is a birds net one there.

M
M
Hi, we at WigJig have a ring design that you may want to use or just be inspired by for further design of your own. Here is a link to the instructions. I hope it is helpful. Please feel free to contact me, at www.wigjig.com if you have further questions.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Hey that looks like my ring! smile I hope you found what you wanted. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Susan - Jewelry Making 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.