logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
C
I didn't add India to the list of countries currently with women leaders as Sonia Gandhi chose not to lead although she heads the party that won the last elections - but I did add India to the list of countries that have had women leaders in the past.

J. Claire K. Niala African Culture
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: C_AfricanCulture
I think that the US has terrible gender bias. The leadership has been resolutely male and even in other areas it has failed women.

For example 25% of all major film directors in Iran are women vs the 1% in the US.

In fact the majority world in general has been better at having women leaders - the countries in the world at the moment with women leaders are: Ireland, New Zealand, Lativa, Finland, The Phillipines, Bangladesh, Mozambique, Germany, Liberia, Chile, Jamaica, South Korea and Switzerland. 7 of these 13 are majority world countries.

Argentina, Sri Lanka, Guyana, Nicaragua, Panama, Indonesia, Mongolia, Bolivia, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Ecuador, Georgia, India, Dominica, Central African Republic, Pakistan, Turkey, Senegal, Sao Tome & Principe, Burundi, Rwanda, and Peru are all other majority world countries that have had female leaders at some point.

Incidentally - currently the county with the most equal parilament in terms of a male/female split is Rwanda. Sometimes it is the places we least expect that have the most to teach us.

Good research...I think you will also find that the displaced Tibetan government has a high ratio of women...only, because it has no official country, this may not show up in National/International research....

"The legal codes of old Tibet stipulated: "Women are not to be granted the right to discuss state affairs." This situation is now no longer to be found in new Tibet. In 1996 female deputies to the Tibet Autonomous Region People's Congress made up 20 percent* of the total. Now Tibet has 573 women cadres at or above the county level, and some Tibetan female judges, procurators, police officers and lawyers for the first time in Tibetan history."

from
here

(* - Figure bolded by me. I believe the total percentage has now risen, during the last 11 years...).

Thank you, most interesting....

Last edited by Alexandra; 03/02/07 11:34 AM.
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Originally Posted By: C_AfricanCulture
I didn't add India to the list of countries currently with women leaders as Sonia Gandhi chose not to lead although she heads the party that won the last elections - but I did add India to the list of countries that have had women leaders in the past.

You are absolutely correct.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.