Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
BiblBasixEditor #295282 02/27/07 08:19 AM
Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: BiblBasixEditor
I think the reason so many of us seek after a relatonship with God, pondering HIs existance, measuring His Word etc, is because deep down inside of all of us there is a need to reconnect with our creator. I for one, don't think I resemble a primate much at all. So, for me, the idea of evolution just doesn't measure up. So my choice is easy. i was created in the image of the True God. I was made exactly the way I am because God loves me; good, bad and the bad hair days....lol.This works for me because I am content with myself knowing that the creator of the universe and all the contemplated mysteries within it finds me acceptable. There's no competition, no jockeying for position, i am loved for myself and this motivates me to love myself and overflow with love for others. This contributes to peace within myself which hopefully will spill out in peace for all the world.

What you say about reconnection with creator is the truth. That makes all of us think and talk of religion and other things.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Modern Woman #295418 02/27/07 07:09 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Alexandra,

You are right what you said about the forum rules. I, too, forgot about that and is why I continued the debate with you. As much as I would like to continue our heated, albeit, friendly debate about me being right and you being "not so right" smile I cannot go into the Buddhist site and continue it.

I do not have the time nor the inclination to learn about your false religion to go in there and continue this any further so let's just agree to disagree and when God calls the Holy Spirit up from the earth, you go ahead and chant your mantras, light your incense and rub your Buddha's belly for luck because if you continue to turn away from God, you will need every bit of luck you can get, although it won't help, because the judgement of God is going to fall and it will fall hard.

Alexandra, please don't look to the stars for your answers because you can look to the One who made those stars.

Yes, most Christians shy away from learning about the false religions, however, there are some Christians, like good Bible believing pastors and ministers, probably do or should learn about the false religions so they can counsel other people more wisely than I can. However, that too is between them and God.

I have a great deal of respect for you and your misguided views about God and the Bible and I wish you all of the best and I will pray for you.

Take Care and God Bless You - Vance

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
T
Shark
Shark
T
The only way we, as Christians can reach the lost is to engage them. No one said it would be easy.

texasdave7 #295459 02/28/07 12:21 AM
Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: texasdave7
The only way we, as Christians can reach the lost is to engage them. No one said it would be easy.

Who is not lost? Pl. ponder over this.

texasdave7 #295482 02/28/07 12:55 AM
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Correct, humans are the ones who have to bend.

Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: amadeus1220
Alexandra,

I do not have the time nor the inclination to learn about your false religion

How rude. At least I took the time to learn about yours. Simply because we both question the others' beliefs, there's no need to ridicule them. And by 'learning about it' whether you adhere to it or not, the knowledge will at least give you a credible insight into the other person's psyche...
Quote:
you go ahead and chant your mantras, light your incense and rub your Buddha's belly for luck

And that's exactly the kind of idiotic patronising comment I would expect from one as ignorant as you are about Buddhism.
If you can't say anything nice, or in a polite way, then don't say anything at all.

Quote:
I have a great deal of respect for you and your misguided views about God

No, you haven't, and the above statements expose you for the ungracious and narrow-minded person you really are. At least TexasDave has the decency and the courtesy to engage constructively with me, even though our opinions are poles apart. you could learn something from his manner, you really could.

Alexandra #295672 02/28/07 06:59 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Alexandra,

I cannot apologize for what I said or what I am about to say

I am not interested in learning about Buddhism because according to God, it is a false religion and I am still learning about and growing in my walk with God.

I am not ungracious and if I am narrow minded because I believe that Jesus was born and then died for my sins and because I believe the Bible is the Word of God and the undeniable truth, then I guess I am narrow minded and that is okay because the road to Heaven is narrow as well. We, as Christians, are not here to learn about "people's psyche". We are here to glorify God and spread the Good News about Jesus Christ.

Understanding other peoples' religions and learning about their psyche is probably what drew you away from the Lord in the first place. That is how Satan works and traps people.

Christians always have to seemingly apologize for their actions and their beliefs in God and Jesus. Well, not this one. I am not about to apologize for my beliefs. On Judgment Day, you will be the one who will have to apologize to the Creator for rejecting Him and turning away from Him.

I know my name is in the Lamb's Book of Life. Where do you think your name is written? However, it is not too late for you to repent of your ways and come back to God because He is waiting for you to do that.

You mentioned something about chanting mantras for me earlier, people always talk about rubbing Buddha's belly for luck and other religions, yours included, light incense to purify their mind, body and spirit and the aura around them and none of that is going to help you on Judgment Day and I am just trying to help you see that.

I will admit that I am ignorant about the Buddhist religion as I am about the Muslim religion and any other non-Bible believing religion because it is my belief that they are all false religions if they do not follow the Bible and do not believe that Jesus died for our sins to be wiped clean and do not believe that God is the Alpha-Omega, the beginning and the end and do not believe that He wrote the Bible and created Heaven, Earth and Hell.

I am sorry you got angry with me but that is just Satan attacking you even more and trying to attack me but it won't work because I am a child of the King and a Warrior for Christ in His Army.

Repent of and rebuke your ways Alexandra. I beg of you. Do it before it is too late.

I will continue to pray for you and may God Bless you richly.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Wolf
Wolf
Hello amadeus1220

Which religions are false according to you?

Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: amadeus1220
Alexandra,

I cannot apologize for what I said or what I am about to say

well in that case you are even less of a human than I previously considered you to be. Hurting people's feelings is unkind. We should all be watchful about what we say to others lest our harshness offends and upsets them. I include myself, and as many will attest, I am careful in what I say.

Quote:
I am not interested in learning about Buddhism because according to God, it is a false religion and I am still learning about and growing in my walk with God.

As I said, simply through learning about Buddhism doesn't mean you'll be absorbing the teachings, if you don't want to....I read about genocides, but it doesn't make me want to go out and murder people..it teaches me about things that happen, and broadens my knowledge...

Quote:
I am not ungracious and if I am narrow minded because I believe that Jesus was born and then died for my sins and because I believe the Bible is the Word of God and the undeniable truth, then I guess I am narrow minded and that is okay because the road to Heaven is narrow as well. We, as Christians, are not here to learn about "people's psyche". We are here to glorify God and spread the Good News about Jesus Christ.

I have never said you swere ungracious or narrow minded for the above reasons, and i have never implied that what YOU do is false and neither have I ever intimated that I am mocking your faith nor what you believe in. My point is that if I hold you and your fasith in the highest respect (which I do) then I would expect the same level of respect and courtesy from you.

Quote:
Understanding other peoples' religions and learning about their psyche is probably what drew you away from the Lord in the first place. That is how Satan works and traps people.

Actually, I became an agnostic and then an atheist for some time, before I even decided to look elsewhere, and explore the greater possibilities open to me...if anything turned me away from the question of God, sad to say, it was people like you....Many times, your good intentions bring about the opposite result, which means one of two things: Either YOU are personally just too much to take, and people don't want to listen to you - or Satan is a more convincing advocate than you are.

Quote:
Christians always have to seemingly apologize for their actions and their beliefs in God and Jesus. Well, not this one. I am not about to apologize for my beliefs. On Judgment Day, you will be the one who will have to apologize to the Creator for rejecting Him and turning away from Him.

I would never want you to, nor expect you to apologise for your beliefs. Ever. I truthfully admire those whose faith is unshakeable. Just as my adherence to Buddhism is. And I don't believe any creator - should s/he exist, would demand an apology from me, because I don't believe them to be as severe, condemning or judgemental as you make them out to be. God's Love is unconditional. And if a person has proven themselves to be altruistic, loving and good, God will recognise that, and embrace them. You don't have the monpoly on God, and God has no religion. he favours nobody above or beyond anyone else, and will love, regardless.
If of course, God exists.

Quote:
I know my name is in the Lamb's Book of Life. Where do you think your name is written? However, it is not too late for you to repent of your ways and come back to God because He is waiting for you to do that.

My name is close to yours, under the heading 'Buddhists'. ('B' comes before 'C' for Christians....! laugh )If such a book exists, (which I doubt) then there are multiple chapters for every possible factor.

Quote:
You mentioned something about chanting mantras for me earlier, people always talk about rubbing Buddha's belly for luck and other religions, yours included, light incense to purify their mind, body and spirit and the aura around them and none of that is going to help you on Judgment Day and I am just trying to help you see that.

Incense is used in the Church too, for the same reasons.... 'Rubbing the Buddha's belly for luck' is like crossing your fingers and wishing on a star... everyone's done that...It's got nothing to do with Judgement day...if you look ate evrything with such blinkered severity, you must be a real buzz at parties!

Quote:
I will admit that I am ignorant about the Buddhist religion as I am about the Muslim religion and any other non-Bible believing religion because it is my belief that they are all false religions if they do not follow the Bible and do not believe that Jesus died for our sins to be wiped clean and do not believe that God is the Alpha-Omega, the beginning and the end and do not believe that He wrote the Bible and created Heaven, Earth and Hell.

Then how can you ever hope to have a well-structured, fair-minded, balanced discussion with anyone about anything, if all you do is stick your nose in just one book? do you think that the Jews are wrong to worship as they do? Jesus was a jew, remember.... I think you need to broaden your horizon a bit, i really do....

Quote:
I am sorry you got angry with me but that is just Satan attacking you even more and trying to attack me but it won't work because I am a child of the King and a Warrior for Christ in His Army.

And here to, your perception is flawed. I was never angry with you, nor am I angry now. I'm sad for you. Sad that you feel so compelled to constrain yourself within such a restrictive straight-jacket, that seems to bind you so tightly your eyes are popping from their sockets...
With your prejudicial attitude, you'll never go up the ranks to anything more than Private....

Quote:
Repent of and rebuke your ways Alexandra. I beg of you. Do it before it is too late.

I am sooooo happy. How on earth could I be otherwise?
You see, I never doubt what I know. You unfortunately are sometimes beset by doubt, because of your belief. That's the whole sad conundrum of faith...You never really ever fully KNOW, do you?

Quote:
I will continue to pray for you and may God Bless you richly.

Thank you, I appreciate it.
At least whilst you have me as your focus, some other person is getting a break.

Modern Woman #295775 03/01/07 04:52 AM
Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta
Hello amadeus1220

Which religions are false according to you?

All of them, CDM.... every single one other than the one he is following. His is the only true religion, all the others are simply satan getting in the way.

Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.