logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Have you ever got up from your computer and felt that your neck is out or that your shoulder aches? I've been looking around for sites with practical information, exercises and useful books etc. I came across www.stretchnow.com.au and http://www.mousewatch.com/ both with good info.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Hi Lynne,

I can't stress enough as to how important the ergonomics of our computers are on our body health and wellbeing. I have a desktop computer downstairs which gives me a sore back, shoulder and wrist within about half an hour of working there. I can't change the chair height and the spot where my mouse is seems to be an odd place for the comfort of my arm...ergo, pain. Right now I'm working on my laptop and have one of those little buttons in the middle of the keyboard instead of a mouse and I can work here for 6 to 8 hours without even thinking about my back or arm.

My next door neighbor just came back from the doctor because her wrist and hand were very tender and she found she was unable to lift anything heavy at all. She thought she was getting carpal tunnel syndrome and the doctor said it was tendinitis and that she should take anti-infammatories and painkillers (typical doctor.) My friend decided to wear a wrist guard and be very careful not to work too long at a time on the computer without doing a few wrist and arm exercises. I think she's got the right idea...but she should be trying to adjust the height of her worktable or chair, even if she uses a pillow (since she works part time, is new there, and doesn't think her boss will purchase an expensive ergonomic chair.

I'll check out the websites you mention. And I might even write an article on the subject on my website (which happens to be at http://www.bellaonline.com/Site/alternativemedicine/

Let me know how you've decided to deal with the problem.

Regards,

Monika
Bella Altmedhost

Just wanted to report that my intense back pain is now gone. I twisted the wrong way and no matter what I did, it throbbed and shot up and down my ribcage.

Working on the computer didn't make it worse...but I did realize that a stressful lifestyle can make these back problems worse. A few visits to the Chiropractor helped but I think it was definitely the enforced rest and relaxation and the improvement in the stress area that made the final difference.

I belive in Chiropractors but if I continue to go weekly or bi-weekly, I think my muscles and whatever parts of the body he works on, start to depend on the frequent adjustment and don't stay in place as well as they should.

That's my personal opinion and I wonder how other people feel about that aspect of the field?

Any similar or longterm effects of stress and chiropractic practices?

Monika
Bella Altmed Host

J
Koala
Koala
J
I started doing yoga about a year ago for pain and stiffness from sitting at a computer all day. It's really helped so much!

M
M
I had aches in my right shoulder joint and it was very painful to work with the mouse. I've visited doctor and she said it is scapulohumeral periarthritis. The cause of this condition is excessive computer work.

She prescribed me 14 days of diclofenac and also to undergo ultrasound therapy. And it helped me a lot.

Shark
Shark
There are a couple of things you can do, most of them are simple measures that have to be done once to keep them going forever, like placing chair + desk + PC and screen at the right angles and distance. Other then that, they way you sit and work has to become some sort of habit which you can achieve easily if you work on it for a while.
Apart from that, the best and cheapest measure you can do it stop and pauze for a while instead of sitting at the PC for hours on end. Regular brakes in which you stand and walk around instead of just reading a magazine or using the phone at your desk is the best way. Your muscles that you hold stil while working at a desk will be moving and you can focus your attention on anything but your PC/desk/...

Guess what? I give massages and reiki. More info here!
My Neck Gets Really Strained from Staring at my screen all day !!!!~~~~~~

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Not so much my neck, but my eyes start to hurt after looking at the computer for a while.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I'm allright with all, my back hurts a little but that's all smile

PlusDrugStore-With us buying drugs online is 100% safe and secure|Women's Health Drugs

Moderated by  AltmedVictoria 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.