Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
Gecko
Gecko
hi Amadeus
Originally Posted By: :
it is estimated the world population has doubled every 168 years

I read in history that my country had 100 million population 2000 years ago whereas now our population is 70 million and 30 years ago it was 37 million. Population growing is depend on many things I guess.

Originally Posted By: :
we find that 4,500 years ago there would only be a handful of people in the world. Hmmm...the flood occured about 4,500 years ago.

I know that civilization in Middle East and Egypt have history more than 5000 years ago. And there were a huge population existed.
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
babak #295002 02/26/07 08:57 AM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Hi Babak,

Did I note a bit of sarcasm in your last sentence? It's okay if it was because I know where my soul is going and I am just trying to help other people get there as well.

Sure, I can tell you why Christ died for our sins. He died for our sins because God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

As soon as you accept the Lord into your heart and ask for forgiveness for your past sins, then they "become as white as snow". Now, Christians aren't perfect and we make mistakes and as soon as you realize that you have committed a sin then we are to rebuke it right away, ask Jesus for forgiveness and then walk it out. You have to command Satan out of your mind by the name of Jesus Christ. You have to rebuke all of his works and not let him tempt you. Satan is the great Tempter and he will make your life miserable if you allow him to.

He will tell you that it is all right to become a Buddhist or a Muslim but God has commanded that no one will put any other God before Him.

My statements in my previous post are not fact or true because I want them to be, they are fact and are true because God says they are. Read the Bible, all of your questions will be answered.

Read the book "23 Minutes in Hell" by Bill Weise

And you have cited Wikipedia as your sources. You do realize that Wikipedia is not accurate and is not written by any scholars, right? You know Wikipedia is written by people like you and me, right? Please tell me you are not using Wikipedia as any sort of gospel truth.

Plus you didn't mention anything about my writing of the Chinese language as proof of God's existence. That should be easy enough to check on.

So riddle me this, Batman. If there is a such thing as evolution then why is there a missing link to it all?

I gave you examples of noted neandrathals that were proven false and it wasn't me who did it. It was archaeologists who did it.

I will pray for you, My Friend that you too may become saved before it is too late as well.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: amadeus1220

Sure, I can tell you why Christ died for our sins. He died for our sins because God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Actually, you and I both know that Jesus was none to happy about this.... First of all, in the garden of Gethsemane, he did ask that if at all possible this cup should not be passed to him.... and even on the cross, he asked God why he had forsaken him....
What loving decent father would send his own son to die for others? What a cruel vindictive and nasty thing to do.... And God so loved the world thast he sent his only son..... oh, really, that's very big of him....

Quote:
He will tell you that it is all right to become a Buddhist or a Muslim but God has commanded that no one will put any other God before Him.

Oh well, I'm ok then. I don't put any God before him, because Buddhists don't worship any God at all....

Quote:
My statements in my previous post are not fact or true because I want them to be, they are fact and are true because God says they are. Read the Bible, all of your questions will be answered.

Even the greatest theologians alive today are aware that the Bible cannot be taken as a true, historical verifiable or provable account. It is after all, a book of Faith. To have faith means to 'believe', but not necessarily to 'know'. And faith is just another word for 'Hope'. They're niot 'True because God says so'.... I'm afraid they're only true because you happen to believe them. But that's not 'proof'...that's your opinion. The burden of proof rests on you, if you wish to prove it. we don't need to disprove it, because we don't believe it.

Quote:
And you have cited Wikipedia as your sources. You do realize that Wikipedia is not accurate and is not written by any scholars, right? You know Wikipedia is written by people like you and me, right? Please tell me you are not using Wikipedia as any sort of gospel truth.

people like you and me...Right?
Just like the Bible is written by people like you and me....right? Where's the difference?

Quote:
If there is a such thing as evolution then why is there a missing link to it all?

For the same reason that biblical accounts of certain events are actually provably innaccurate, and did not occur at the time scribed in the Good Book...There are some details of accounts which have now been discovered to be grossly innaccurate. So nothing's infallible...

" Since Jesus is frequently referred to as "Jesus of Nazareth," it is interesting to learn that the town now called Nazareth did not exist in the first centuries BCE and CE."

(from here )

Quote:
I gave you examples of noted neandrathals that were proven false and it wasn't me who did it. It was archaeologists who did it.

ditto with the research from the above link. They can't all be lying or mistaken.....

the thing I find amazing about some Christians, is that they are prepared to completely disregard other creeds and belief systems as false and un-Godly, but when scientific proof is put forward that might bring into question their own set of values, there is much disdain and argument - using the very book brought into question - to pooh-pooh any narrative, or pour scorn on logical counter-discussion.
I trust that won't happen here.
not without proof, anyway.... wink

Alexandra #295039 02/26/07 12:07 PM
T
Shark
Shark
T
Alexandra,
The Bible is a book of truth. It is GOD'S Word. God never lies. If it is written as a literal, historical account then it is so. No matter what some theologian says.

texasdave7 #295054 02/26/07 12:34 PM
Zebra
Zebra
That's your opinion Dave, and we've been over this before...Even if God existed, and I believed in Him, I would not call him a Liar.
To Lie is a human trait, and The Book was written by Humans. Even if they never intentionally set out to deceive, I cannot personally accept this Book as the universal indisputable irrefutable Truth that you do. Period.

You see it as THE truth, I see it as A truth, but not necessarily MY truth. So we really just must agree to differ on this.

Alexandra #295078 02/26/07 01:42 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Yes, the people who wrote the Bible were people like you and I. They were teachers, shepherds, prophets and fishermen. However, the difference is that they were ordained by God to write the Bible.

Each book of the Bible were written at different times and not one knew that their documentations were going to be put together to form the Bible.

As far as Christians not believing in other creeds and false religions, we believe that other people believe in them and that is unfortunate.

There is no scientific proof to disprove the Bible and we as Christians do not look for arguments with scorn and disdain for those who say that there is, we, as Christians try to set the record straight for those misguided people.

We as Christians are called by God to minister His Word and the Good News about Jesus. That is what you mistake for criticism and disdain against people who try to discount the Bible as just a fairy tale.

People say there are innaccuracies in the Bible but they fail to say what they are.

You said something about not pooh-poohing any narrative or discourse without proof. There are 66 books of proof wrapped up in one. You just refuse to believe that proof is all.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: amadeus1220
Yes, the people who wrote the Bible were people like you and I. They were teachers, shepherds, prophets and fishermen. However, the difference is that they were ordained by God to write the Bible.

You mean, of course "like you and ME". God didn't ordain anyone. They ordained themselves. They took it upon themselves to promulgate ancient mythology and turn it into a dictatorial creed designed to instil fear and to control. That is the fundamental basic tenet of any "Manhandled" Doctrine....

Quote:
Each book of the Bible were written at different times and not one knew that their documentations were going to be put together to form the Bible.

so how do we know for sure - FOR SURE, MIND - that any one section is any more or less reliable than the others?

Quote:
As far as Christians not believing in other creeds and false religions, we believe that other people believe in them and that is unfortunate.

I didn't suggest you should dilute your beliefs. I'm merely suggesting you study them all to understand more fully what they all are, and why they have such a following.

Quote:
There is no scientific proof to disprove the Bible and we as Christians do not look for arguments with scorn and disdain for those who say that there is, we, as Christians try to set the record straight for those misguided people.

I'm afraid there is much scientific proof to dispute historical accounts given in the Bible as fact...such as the massacre of the innocents, Christ's place of living, and the meanderings and wanderings said to have taken place... read the above link again, and try this one too... this link

Quote:
Christians are called by God to minister His Word and the Good News about Jesus. That is what you mistake for criticism and disdain against people who try to discount the Bible as just a fairy tale.

Not so. The criticism and disdain I have received is from those refusing to study the Religion I follow; why this should be so, I do not know. It's not catching or disease-ridden...unless they are manifesting an unspoken fear of perhaps learning something new and to their advantage....

Quote:
People say there are innaccuracies in the Bible but they fail to say what they are.

see the two links above, That should keep you busy for a while....

Quote:
You said something about not pooh-poohing any narrative or discourse without proof. There are 66 books of proof wrapped up in one. You just refuse to believe that proof is all.

But it's not proof. It's belief or faith, but that's not the same as proof. It's something you believe in, but by very virtue of the fact that others fail to see your point of view as you do, it's testimony to the fact that, Truth it may be, but it's flawed, because it's A Truth - not THE truth.....
If it were completely infallible and indisputable, then everyone would be an adherent. But it's not. hence those who do not follow the way you would lead....

Alexandra #295138 02/26/07 05:14 PM
T
Shark
Shark
T
Alexandra,
We do not regard it as truth because we believe, we believe because it is truth.

texasdave7 #295269 02/27/07 06:45 AM
Zebra
Zebra
Hang on....

I have just realised where I am.
I made a promise some time ago to the Bible Basics Moderator that I would treat her forum with respect. She requested (even in her forum rules) that she did not wish to see arguments or contradictions to the bible arising here, and requested that the book not be challenged or disputed. All well and good....

I promised her I would evaluate my words and discussions accordingly.

What I am about to say is purely as a comment, it's not intended to be defamatory or argumentative.

A great many threads in the Christianity and Bible Basics forum are either started by, or greatly contributed to, by Non-Christians (be they atheist, agnostic or of another following) and this is how discussion is generated. That's essentially what a forum is for. Discussion, verbal engagement and debate. Without these kinds of exchanges, discussion and debate on a forum whittles away to nothing. if everyone on a forum is of a like mind, then the conversation very quickly degenerates and dwindles away to nothing....

I would be very happy to transfer this discussion to the Buddhist forum, but there's a catch: Those wishing to continue this discussion would have to be as informed and cognisant of Buddhist doctrine as I am of the Christian Bible.

And that's where the problem arises.

The Buddhist forum is not much frequented by such discussions, because it seems to me (and this is only my perception - inform me if you think I am mistaken) many Christians either shy away from learning more about Buddhism, or prefer not to, intent instead, on just receiving all of their religious and sopiritual knowledge and instruction, from one source.

But the Buddhist doctrine thrives on discussion and debate. Buddhism refuses to rely on faith or belief, prefering instead to recommend that all teachings - notwithstanding their origin or provenance - be subjected to the highest and most detailed scrutiny possible. so in Buddhism, it's not a case of have faith - it's a question of find indisputable proof and enhance your knowledge....

I would be pleased to open up a new thread in Buddhism to continue the above discussion, but only as long as those engaging in this discussion would be able to appraise the discussion as much from a Buddhist perspective as from a Christian one.

The same rules of respect, rudeness, courtesy, insults, poor language, politeness, etc..apply on the Buddhist forum, as much as they do on any other forum. It's a question of acceptable constructive and positive social interaction - it has nothing to do with a person's belief or faith, religion or dogma.....

But I will create a 'transfer' thread to the |Buddhist forum now, and hopefully continue this discussion there.

I am also posting this message on other Bible basics/Christian threads, where my participation has entailed lively discussion on theological matters.....

Alexandra #295274 02/27/07 07:01 AM
Gecko
Gecko
dear Amandaus
thanks for your reply although I could nearly predict what should it be!
I think need not to add some thing more than what Alexandra said but just one thing.
I guess it wasn't an issue for you if evolution theory for human has been fulfilled and wasn't any missing link in there, whereas for many animals he did it.

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.