Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
God #293414 02/19/07 12:17 AM
Jim Colyer Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I wrestle with the question of whether or not there is a God. It seems like I can prove it both ways and disprove it both ways. Does the universe need a creator to exist? Or is this just an idea inside man-made theology? Man yearns for the eternal. He wants to live forever and be strong forever. He is the only animal as far as we know which builds churches and contemplates the infinite. This in itself may be an indication that immortality resides in a soul of some kind. If there is truth in religion, I accept the premises of the New Testament.

Jim Colyer
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Re: God [Re: Jim Colyer] #293420 02/19/07 12:44 AM
Laser Bean 23 Offline
Humans are the crown of creation.

They are a manifestation of nature becoming self aware.

You can have respect without love, but you can't have love without respect.
Re: God [Re: Laser Bean 23] #293444 02/19/07 04:22 AM
T
texasdave Offline
Shark
Shark
T
Love is the evidence of the spiritual realm. You cannot weigh or measure it but it is real. So is God. Love is good evidence for His existence.

Re: God [Re: texasdave] #293459 02/19/07 06:39 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
There is a God.

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #293466 02/19/07 08:29 AM
babak Offline
Gecko
Gecko
Hey Jim
Nice sentences
God existence is beyond my mind.

Originally Posted By: :
Does the universe need a creator to exist?

I think need not

Or is this just an idea inside man-made theology? Man yearns for the eternal

Personally I fear to see no existence after die.

Re: God [Re: babak] #293527 02/19/07 02:14 PM
T
texasdave Offline
Shark
Shark
T
Just because God is beyond our ability to fully grasp does not mean we should not try to grasp Him. On the contrary, He is a great motivator for wisdom.

Re: God [Re: texasdave] #293698 02/20/07 08:11 AM
babak Offline
Gecko
Gecko
I think you are right lovelove, we should try to ponder who or what is God. When we accept our unknown then could try to think about it. I guess knowledge and science is walking in this way but don't consider religion as same.

Re: God [Re: babak] #293717 02/20/07 09:52 AM
T
texasdave Offline
Shark
Shark
T
That is correct, Babak, religion is not the same. Good point.

Re: God [Re: texasdave] #293892 02/21/07 12:36 AM
BiblBasixEditor Offline
Gecko
Gecko
I think the reason so many of us seek after a relatonship with God, pondering HIs existance, measuring His Word etc, is because deep down inside of all of us there is a need to reconnect with our creator. I for one, don't think I resemble a primate much at all. So, for me, the idea of evolution just doesn't measure up. So my choice is easy. i was created in the image of the True God. I was made exactly the way I am because God loves me; good, bad and the bad hair days....lol.This works for me because I am content with myself knowing that the creator of the universe and all the contemplated mysteries within it finds me acceptable. There's no competition, no jockeying for position, i am loved for myself and this motivates me to love myself and overflow with love for others. This contributes to peace within myself which hopefully will spill out in peace for all the world.

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
Re: God [Re: BiblBasixEditor] #294001 02/21/07 03:11 PM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
Well said.

Re: God [Re: BiblBasixEditor] #294033 02/21/07 03:51 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: BiblBasixEditor
I think the reason so many of us seek after a relatonship with God, pondering HIs existance, measuring His Word etc, is because deep down inside of all of us there is a need to reconnect with our creator.

I think a Spiritual path is a human's way of seeking something better within themselves, whether there is a God involved or not. Whether one is seeking "inwardly" as in Buddhism, or "outwardly" towards a Divinity for Guidance, as in a Theistic Religion, we're after the same thing. A way of bettering ourselves, and by connection, the world we live in.
Quote:
I for one, don't think I resemble a primate much at all. So, for me, the idea of evolution just doesn't measure up.

It's not a question of resemblance, although there is much to illustrate that primates, particularly those in captivity and influenced by Human company, do show some extraordinarily and uncannily 'human' tendencies.
Some have even been successfully taught to communicate effectively via sign language.
It's also worth bearing in mind that Biologically speaking, we share 97% of a chimp's genetic structure.
Evolution does not imply that you should therefore reject God or disprove his existence through it.
Evolution may be a scientific expalnation of Earth's progress, but it doesn't eliminate God from the equasion, neither does it seek to. If there is God's hand in Evolution, it makes the whole thing no less remarkable and spectacular. In fact, looking at some of the extraordinary marine creatures discovered, by our ability to probe deeper than ever toward the ocean floor, I personally am amazed by their appearance and behaviour....it's nothing short of miraculous....!

Quote:
i am loved for myself and this motivates me to love myself and overflow with love for others. This contributes to peace within myself which hopefully will spill out in peace for all the world.

If I might be so bold, this is very much what Buddhism teaches us to strive for.
To be loved and accepted for ourselves, in our own eyes, which in turn, we are encouraged to reflect back at those around us, in the hope of eliminating suffering and striving for a world filled with Love.

let's drink to that....
Mine's a lemon soda.....! wink

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #294037 02/21/07 03:56 PM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
God loves us as we are but to have eternal life with Him we must be reconciled by Christ.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #294065 02/21/07 04:30 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
But if God loves us as we are, then surely he can take and accept us as we are, warts and all?
If he knows that we are blessed with a loving and giving nature, why would he then cast us into the bowels of hell?

isn't that a bit cruel?

because you see, if he's going to be like that - a conditional, domineering and judgemental God, then I have (as he gave me) the right to choose. And I choose to decline his invitation, and take my chances with The Dalai Lama and Gandhi, Thich Naht Hanh and others of that ilk, whom I cannot believe are hell-bound.

Incidentally, there are those in Devout Religious circles who have counted the above as close personal friends, and who believe that there's room for everyone regardless.... The Dalai Lama regularly converses with Religuious Church leaders, and teaches and runs seminars Buddhist philosophy in Monasteries and Religous Denominational schools as does Thich Naht Hanh...mediation is practised by all sides, together....They collude, cooperate and discuss all aspects of religion quite harmoniously, with no attempt of conversion, as none is seen to be needed.

I think it's easy to become a little too insular and perhaps a little blinkered...
If Church leaders can exist in such a way, what is to stop us reaching the same accord?

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #294072 02/21/07 04:42 PM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
Alexandra,
If you had children and there was a pedophile living down the street from you whom you KNEW for a fact would try to molest your children if given half a chance, would you let that person live in your house? Of course not. Neither will God. He will not allow those who refuse to follow His laws to live with His precious children in heaven. He loves them all but He gives us each free will to choose God's way or our own way. Since God is perfect and knows the fruition of all choices, He knows which children would corrupt His perfect home in heaven.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #294075 02/21/07 04:45 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
Excuse me, but I hardly think comparing these wise and spiritual leaders to a paedophile is a fair comparison. In fact, I think it's quite an insult, and unkind of you to draw that comparison.
Are you saying that men of Christ on earth are more tolerant and forgiving than God?
For that is not their view, even if you believe it is God's....

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #294087 02/21/07 05:04 PM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
I was speaking of people in general. God puts people in hell to keep their evil influences from those in heaven who have chosen to accept eternal life under God's terms.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #294090 02/21/07 05:07 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
I thank you for your retraction. I take it that is what it was....

In that case, answer my question, then, please....

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #294094 02/21/07 05:16 PM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
God has given us this life as a foretaste of life eternal. With the contrasted differences of life and death, good and evil, truth and lies so that we can make an informed choice. That is really the only reason we are here. To choose. To either choose God and eternal life or choose our own way and then get hell as the wages ( read that;earned) of our rejection of God. You may regard that as cruel because you regard your life as your own. In fact, God owns you because He created you. If you regard your life from the perspective of stewardship rather than ownership then you start to understand.

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #294100 02/21/07 05:26 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
No....
My question was the following....

Originally Posted By: Alexandra
But if God loves us as we are, then surely he can take and accept us as we are, warts and all?
If he knows that we are blessed with a loving and giving nature, why would he then cast us into the bowels of hell?

isn't that a bit cruel?

....Incidentally, there are those in Devout Religious circles who have counted the above as close personal friends, and who believe that there's room for everyone regardless.... The Dalai Lama regularly converses with Religuious Church leaders, and teaches and runs seminars Buddhist philosophy in Monasteries and Religous Denominational schools as does Thich Naht Hanh...mediation is practised by all sides, together....They collude, cooperate and discuss all aspects of religion quite harmoniously, with no attempt of conversion, as none is seen to be needed.

I think it's easy to become a little too insular and perhaps a little blinkered...
If Church leaders can exist in such a way, what is to stop us reaching the same accord?

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #294102 02/21/07 05:33 PM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
God does love us as we are but we are corrupted by sin. That sin must be dealt with. Jesus did that. The question is not whether God loves us as we are but do you love God as He is? It is not about God accepting us, it is about us accepting God. It is not about God rejecting us, it is about us rejecting God. If you do not choose Him then you have rejected Him by whatever other choice you have made. The natural consequence of rejecting Him is to be without Him. You do not go to heaven because you do not choose it. To go to heaven is to be with God. To reject God is to reject heaven. So, in essence, you choose hell yourself.

Last edited by texasdave7; 02/21/07 05:33 PM.
Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #294107 02/21/07 05:41 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
Ah.

But first you must accept God, Heaven, Satan and Hell.

Which personally, I don't because I believe them to be mechanisms engineered by those in authority to control the masses (pardon the pun).
The Pope has recently moved the Goalposts on an outdated and discarded view of purgatory and indulgences...He is in essence, seeking to revive something declared outdated and redundant, and no longer accepted or practised...

If that's not massaging the message, to suit the time, I don;'t know what is.
Similarly, I think this Hell, Fire and brimstone for unbelievers is a device founded on, and fuelled by Fear.
And personally, I find that a despicable move.

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #294119 02/21/07 06:59 PM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
When you drive are you fearful? no. You are not terrified by every car that comes along but you drive in your own lane, don't blow through traffic lights, etc. because you fear a crash with another vehicle. Your fear of collision is one that guides rather than engulfs. That is how it is supposed to be with God. It is a respectful fear not being terrified. We avoid sin and rebellion to avoid a spiritual car crash.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #294255 02/22/07 01:07 PM
babak Offline
Gecko
Gecko
I saw some poems from Khayam, I like them, hope you enjoy

Before time takes you by surprise
Ask for good red wine and get wise
You are not of gold, don�t believe the lies
You are put to dust, once again you�ll rise.

In life devote yourself to joy and love
Behold the beauty of the peaceful dove
Those who live, in the end must all perish
Live as if you are already in heavens above.

A future fantasy is no more than vain hope
With wishful minds for which we grope
I�d rather improve my current scope
To an upward trend from a downward slope

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Re: God [Re: babak] #294286 02/22/07 04:51 PM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
I like that Babak. Nice.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #294291 02/22/07 05:08 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
Beautiful....
The last line of the second verse reminds me of a saying I have held dear...

"It little matters whether Heaven - as a place - actually exists. the important thing, is to live life with others, as if it did."

I understand and accept that Dave, and other Godly and devout Christians can see no salvation for those who do not accept God or Christ in their hearts. I am, to some extent, also touched by their concern. Some Christians are exceptionally offensive in their message, and may use a tone which might be interpreted as condemnatory or judgemental, which many may find off-putting.
Dave and I have had some extremely constructive discussions on this matter, and we are both fully aware of each others' opinion. It warms my heart to know that, even though our discussions have held challenge, disput and argument, we have a healthy and profound respect for one another, and have never found ourselves resorting to insult, sarcasm, unkindness or rudeness.
He believes in God, and an afterlife, I do not;
he believes in satan, and his personal hell-realm, I do not;
he believes Christ is saviour, I do not. Although I have no doubt as to his existence and holiness... His wisdom and kindness are a shining example to everyone, even so long after his demise.... For his words, deeds and reputation to be so celebrated after all this time is a singularly extraordianry phenomenon.

The above quotation was uttered by a Buddhist Tibetan Rinpoche, and is quoted in a remarkable book called 'The Tibetan Book of Living & Dying'.
It deals with the Western fearful attitude to Death, and quotes from every possible creed and religion, holding them all in high reverence and respect. There is no attempt to discredit or dispute, but it seeks to unify the central core message of all religions, doctrines and creeds, that in order to attain a satisfying Life, and to spend one's days in fruitful serenity, the constant practise we should all strive to embody, is one of Universal Love, Compassion and 'kindredship'.

If such a word exists.

Which i think it should. smile

Last edited by Alexandra; 02/22/07 05:09 PM.
Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #294317 02/22/07 08:49 PM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
Alexandra,
Have you ever heard of the symbolism of the cross in the OLD Testament? I know you are not a believer but I thought you'd find this interesting. I will do this as a list derived from a premise.
The premise; The CROSS is a symbol ( by its shape) of both a vertical and horizontal covenant. The vertical being between God and mankind and the horizontal between man and man. When asked what was the greatest commandment Jesus responded to love the Lord your God with all your heart, etc. ( vertical covenant) He said the second was like unto it. To love you neighbor as you love yourself ( horizontal covenant). This is also reflected in the first four of the ten commandments about God ( vertical) and the last six about man ( horizontal).
Here are the examples:
1. When God made a covenant with Abraham. Abraham cut an animal in two and split the pieces with a trail of blood in between ( horizontal) and God passed a smokepot and torch between the two ( vertical) thus making the symbol of a CROSS.
2. During Israel's captivity in Egypt when the Angel of death was passing over the Hebrews put lamb's blood from one doorpost to another ( horizontal) and then from the door's lintle downward ( vertical) thus making the symbol of the CROSS.
3. When David killed Goliath, Saul's son Johnathan cut a blood covenant with David. They split a lamb in two and strung blood between the two pieces ( horizontal) and then they walked between the pieces ( vertical) thus making the symbol of the CROSS. Interesting, huh?

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #294669 02/24/07 01:26 PM
babak Offline
Gecko
Gecko
Hi Dave
Oh nice statment about Cross I think but for me not acceptable cause know for what reason Romans made it. Any way I think human has this ability to make legend with any kind of shape.

Hi Alexandra
Sounds great, It's so nice when people can like and hear each other with different opinion. Humans are members of one community. Not so important we reach to an exact point I think.

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #294743 02/24/07 09:33 PM
V
Vance - Crime Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Everything that Dave has said is true. God gave us the choice of freewill and if we use that to choose not to believe in Him, then we will be cast into the "lake of fire that God created for the devil and his angels".

I choose to believe in God and I choose to believe in the fact that Christ died for our sins so we wouldn't have to.

As far as evolution goes, that is all hogwash. if we evolved from apes then why are there still apes and why aren't they giving birth to humans?

Why is there a missing link in the evolution chain?

Why did Darwin discount his own theories of evolution in later life?

None of the sciences can prove the theory of evolution. Not Biology, not mathematics, not embryology, not paleontology, not thermodynamics, or Anthropology. None of these sciences can prove evolution.

All life will produce like life. Not one case of spontaneous or accidental generation has been observed.

A noted Anthropologist said, "Missing links are misrepresentations."

Nebraska Man: A tooth used to reconstruct him was found to belong to an extinct pig.

Java Ape Man: Bones used to reconstruct him were found to belong to an elephant

Piltdown Man: Bones used to reconstruct him were found to be the bones of an ape.

Evolutionists say that the species have evolved over a period of 60,000,000 years. In spite of war, famine and plagues, it is estimated the world population has doubled every 168 years. If this is so, and the human race is say, 100,000 years old, then there would be 4,500,000,000,000,000,000 persons in the world today.

Whereas based on today's population and using the 168 year doubling system, we find that 4,500 years ago there would only be a handful of people in the world. Hmmm...the flood occured about 4,500 years ago.

Well, I've rambled enough for now.

Later I will explain how the Chinese written language is another proof of the authenticity of the Bible.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #294913 02/25/07 10:25 PM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
The Chinese language? Wow! Post that quick. I'd love to learn about that! Blessings.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #294939 02/26/07 01:40 AM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Okay, I will give a couple of quick examples and will elaborate more later on.

The Chinese written language is a system of word pictures that originated 4,500 years ago just after the Great Flood and at the time of the building of the Tower of Babel when God dispersed the people throughout the earth by confusing their language.

This group of Noah's descendants moved Eastward and for the next 2,000 years developed a remarkable culture. Their word pictures had to depict what would be common knowledge so it could be understood by all.

For example:

The character for CREATE is a combination of a figure for "dust or mud", "a mouth"", movement or life" and "walking".

This is exactly what Genesis 2:7 states: God formed (created) man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils (mouth)the breath of live and man became a living (walking) soul.

Another one is the character for BOAT. It clearly shows that the originator of the Chinese language was familiar with Noah's Ark as being the first big boat.

It is a combination of the figure for "vessel" plus "eight" plus person. thusly, the eight members of Noah's family were saved in a vessel - the Ark - (boat)

These are just a couple of examples and will give more later if needed. Their picture words told of creation, the fall of Adam, the great flood, etc... 1,000 years BEFORE Moses wrote the FIRST WORD of Genesis - the first book of the Bible.

You can read more about this as well if you can find the book called "The Discovery of Genesis" by C.H. Kang and Ethel R. Nelson. Concordia Publishing House, 3558 S. Jefferson St. St. Louis, MO. 63118 U.S.A.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #294980 02/26/07 07:09 AM
babak Offline
Gecko
Gecko
hi Amadeus
it is estimated the world population has doubled every 168 years

I read in history that my country had 100 million population 2000 years ago whereas now our population is 70 million and 30 years ago it was 37 million. Population growing is depend on many things I guess.

we find that 4,500 years ago there would only be a handful of people in the world. Hmmm...the flood occured about 4,500 years ago.

I know that civilization in Middle East and Egypt have history more than 5000 years ago. And there were a huge population existed.

Re: God [Re: babak] #295002 02/26/07 12:57 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Hi Babak,

Did I note a bit of sarcasm in your last sentence? It's okay if it was because I know where my soul is going and I am just trying to help other people get there as well.

Sure, I can tell you why Christ died for our sins. He died for our sins because God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

As soon as you accept the Lord into your heart and ask for forgiveness for your past sins, then they "become as white as snow". Now, Christians aren't perfect and we make mistakes and as soon as you realize that you have committed a sin then we are to rebuke it right away, ask Jesus for forgiveness and then walk it out. You have to command Satan out of your mind by the name of Jesus Christ. You have to rebuke all of his works and not let him tempt you. Satan is the great Tempter and he will make your life miserable if you allow him to.

He will tell you that it is all right to become a Buddhist or a Muslim but God has commanded that no one will put any other God before Him.

My statements in my previous post are not fact or true because I want them to be, they are fact and are true because God says they are. Read the Bible, all of your questions will be answered.

Read the book "23 Minutes in Hell" by Bill Weise

And you have cited Wikipedia as your sources. You do realize that Wikipedia is not accurate and is not written by any scholars, right? You know Wikipedia is written by people like you and me, right? Please tell me you are not using Wikipedia as any sort of gospel truth.

Plus you didn't mention anything about my writing of the Chinese language as proof of God's existence. That should be easy enough to check on.

So riddle me this, Batman. If there is a such thing as evolution then why is there a missing link to it all?

I gave you examples of noted neandrathals that were proven false and it wasn't me who did it. It was archaeologists who did it.

I will pray for you, My Friend that you too may become saved before it is too late as well.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #295006 02/26/07 01:29 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: amadeus1220

Sure, I can tell you why Christ died for our sins. He died for our sins because God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Actually, you and I both know that Jesus was none to happy about this.... First of all, in the garden of Gethsemane, he did ask that if at all possible this cup should not be passed to him.... and even on the cross, he asked God why he had forsaken him....
What loving decent father would send his own son to die for others? What a cruel vindictive and nasty thing to do.... And God so loved the world thast he sent his only son..... oh, really, that's very big of him....

Quote:
He will tell you that it is all right to become a Buddhist or a Muslim but God has commanded that no one will put any other God before Him.

Oh well, I'm ok then. I don't put any God before him, because Buddhists don't worship any God at all....

Quote:
My statements in my previous post are not fact or true because I want them to be, they are fact and are true because God says they are. Read the Bible, all of your questions will be answered.

Even the greatest theologians alive today are aware that the Bible cannot be taken as a true, historical verifiable or provable account. It is after all, a book of Faith. To have faith means to 'believe', but not necessarily to 'know'. And faith is just another word for 'Hope'. They're niot 'True because God says so'.... I'm afraid they're only true because you happen to believe them. But that's not 'proof'...that's your opinion. The burden of proof rests on you, if you wish to prove it. we don't need to disprove it, because we don't believe it.

Quote:
And you have cited Wikipedia as your sources. You do realize that Wikipedia is not accurate and is not written by any scholars, right? You know Wikipedia is written by people like you and me, right? Please tell me you are not using Wikipedia as any sort of gospel truth.

people like you and me...Right?
Just like the Bible is written by people like you and me....right? Where's the difference?

Quote:
If there is a such thing as evolution then why is there a missing link to it all?

For the same reason that biblical accounts of certain events are actually provably innaccurate, and did not occur at the time scribed in the Good Book...There are some details of accounts which have now been discovered to be grossly innaccurate. So nothing's infallible...

" Since Jesus is frequently referred to as "Jesus of Nazareth," it is interesting to learn that the town now called Nazareth did not exist in the first centuries BCE and CE."

(from here )

Quote:
I gave you examples of noted neandrathals that were proven false and it wasn't me who did it. It was archaeologists who did it.

ditto with the research from the above link. They can't all be lying or mistaken.....

the thing I find amazing about some Christians, is that they are prepared to completely disregard other creeds and belief systems as false and un-Godly, but when scientific proof is put forward that might bring into question their own set of values, there is much disdain and argument - using the very book brought into question - to pooh-pooh any narrative, or pour scorn on logical counter-discussion.
I trust that won't happen here.
not without proof, anyway.... wink

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #295039 02/26/07 04:07 PM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
Alexandra,
The Bible is a book of truth. It is GOD'S Word. God never lies. If it is written as a literal, historical account then it is so. No matter what some theologian says.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #295054 02/26/07 04:34 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
That's your opinion Dave, and we've been over this before...Even if God existed, and I believed in Him, I would not call him a Liar.
To Lie is a human trait, and The Book was written by Humans. Even if they never intentionally set out to deceive, I cannot personally accept this Book as the universal indisputable irrefutable Truth that you do. Period.

You see it as THE truth, I see it as A truth, but not necessarily MY truth. So we really just must agree to differ on this.

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #295078 02/26/07 05:42 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Yes, the people who wrote the Bible were people like you and I. They were teachers, shepherds, prophets and fishermen. However, the difference is that they were ordained by God to write the Bible.

Each book of the Bible were written at different times and not one knew that their documentations were going to be put together to form the Bible.

As far as Christians not believing in other creeds and false religions, we believe that other people believe in them and that is unfortunate.

There is no scientific proof to disprove the Bible and we as Christians do not look for arguments with scorn and disdain for those who say that there is, we, as Christians try to set the record straight for those misguided people.

We as Christians are called by God to minister His Word and the Good News about Jesus. That is what you mistake for criticism and disdain against people who try to discount the Bible as just a fairy tale.

People say there are innaccuracies in the Bible but they fail to say what they are.

You said something about not pooh-poohing any narrative or discourse without proof. There are 66 books of proof wrapped up in one. You just refuse to believe that proof is all.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #295087 02/26/07 06:06 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
Yes, the people who wrote the Bible were people like you and I. They were teachers, shepherds, prophets and fishermen. However, the difference is that they were ordained by God to write the Bible.

You mean, of course "like you and ME". God didn't ordain anyone. They ordained themselves. They took it upon themselves to promulgate ancient mythology and turn it into a dictatorial creed designed to instil fear and to control. That is the fundamental basic tenet of any "Manhandled" Doctrine....

Quote:
Each book of the Bible were written at different times and not one knew that their documentations were going to be put together to form the Bible.

so how do we know for sure - FOR SURE, MIND - that any one section is any more or less reliable than the others?

Quote:
As far as Christians not believing in other creeds and false religions, we believe that other people believe in them and that is unfortunate.

I didn't suggest you should dilute your beliefs. I'm merely suggesting you study them all to understand more fully what they all are, and why they have such a following.

Quote:
There is no scientific proof to disprove the Bible and we as Christians do not look for arguments with scorn and disdain for those who say that there is, we, as Christians try to set the record straight for those misguided people.

I'm afraid there is much scientific proof to dispute historical accounts given in the Bible as fact...such as the massacre of the innocents, Christ's place of living, and the meanderings and wanderings said to have taken place... read the above link again, and try this one too... this link

Quote:
Christians are called by God to minister His Word and the Good News about Jesus. That is what you mistake for criticism and disdain against people who try to discount the Bible as just a fairy tale.

Not so. The criticism and disdain I have received is from those refusing to study the Religion I follow; why this should be so, I do not know. It's not catching or disease-ridden...unless they are manifesting an unspoken fear of perhaps learning something new and to their advantage....

Quote:
People say there are innaccuracies in the Bible but they fail to say what they are.

see the two links above, That should keep you busy for a while....

Quote:
You said something about not pooh-poohing any narrative or discourse without proof. There are 66 books of proof wrapped up in one. You just refuse to believe that proof is all.

But it's not proof. It's belief or faith, but that's not the same as proof. It's something you believe in, but by very virtue of the fact that others fail to see your point of view as you do, it's testimony to the fact that, Truth it may be, but it's flawed, because it's A Truth - not THE truth.....
If it were completely infallible and indisputable, then everyone would be an adherent. But it's not. hence those who do not follow the way you would lead....

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #295138 02/26/07 09:14 PM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
Alexandra,
We do not regard it as truth because we believe, we believe because it is truth.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #295269 02/27/07 10:45 AM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
Hang on....

I have just realised where I am.
I made a promise some time ago to the Bible Basics Moderator that I would treat her forum with respect. She requested (even in her forum rules) that she did not wish to see arguments or contradictions to the bible arising here, and requested that the book not be challenged or disputed. All well and good....

I promised her I would evaluate my words and discussions accordingly.

What I am about to say is purely as a comment, it's not intended to be defamatory or argumentative.

A great many threads in the Christianity and Bible Basics forum are either started by, or greatly contributed to, by Non-Christians (be they atheist, agnostic or of another following) and this is how discussion is generated. That's essentially what a forum is for. Discussion, verbal engagement and debate. Without these kinds of exchanges, discussion and debate on a forum whittles away to nothing. if everyone on a forum is of a like mind, then the conversation very quickly degenerates and dwindles away to nothing....

I would be very happy to transfer this discussion to the Buddhist forum, but there's a catch: Those wishing to continue this discussion would have to be as informed and cognisant of Buddhist doctrine as I am of the Christian Bible.

And that's where the problem arises.

The Buddhist forum is not much frequented by such discussions, because it seems to me (and this is only my perception - inform me if you think I am mistaken) many Christians either shy away from learning more about Buddhism, or prefer not to, intent instead, on just receiving all of their religious and sopiritual knowledge and instruction, from one source.

But the Buddhist doctrine thrives on discussion and debate. Buddhism refuses to rely on faith or belief, prefering instead to recommend that all teachings - notwithstanding their origin or provenance - be subjected to the highest and most detailed scrutiny possible. so in Buddhism, it's not a case of have faith - it's a question of find indisputable proof and enhance your knowledge....

I would be pleased to open up a new thread in Buddhism to continue the above discussion, but only as long as those engaging in this discussion would be able to appraise the discussion as much from a Buddhist perspective as from a Christian one.

The same rules of respect, rudeness, courtesy, insults, poor language, politeness, etc..apply on the Buddhist forum, as much as they do on any other forum. It's a question of acceptable constructive and positive social interaction - it has nothing to do with a person's belief or faith, religion or dogma.....

But I will create a 'transfer' thread to the |Buddhist forum now, and hopefully continue this discussion there.

I am also posting this message on other Bible basics/Christian threads, where my participation has entailed lively discussion on theological matters.....

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #295274 02/27/07 11:01 AM
babak Offline
Gecko
Gecko
dear Amandaus
thanks for your reply although I could nearly predict what should it be!
I think need not to add some thing more than what Alexandra said but just one thing.
I guess it wasn't an issue for you if evolution theory for human has been fulfilled and wasn't any missing link in there, whereas for many animals he did it.

Re: God [Re: BiblBasixEditor] #295282 02/27/07 12:19 PM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
I think the reason so many of us seek after a relatonship with God, pondering HIs existance, measuring His Word etc, is because deep down inside of all of us there is a need to reconnect with our creator. I for one, don't think I resemble a primate much at all. So, for me, the idea of evolution just doesn't measure up. So my choice is easy. i was created in the image of the True God. I was made exactly the way I am because God loves me; good, bad and the bad hair days....lol.This works for me because I am content with myself knowing that the creator of the universe and all the contemplated mysteries within it finds me acceptable. There's no competition, no jockeying for position, i am loved for myself and this motivates me to love myself and overflow with love for others. This contributes to peace within myself which hopefully will spill out in peace for all the world.

What you say about reconnection with creator is the truth. That makes all of us think and talk of religion and other things.

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #295418 02/27/07 11:09 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Alexandra,

You are right what you said about the forum rules. I, too, forgot about that and is why I continued the debate with you. As much as I would like to continue our heated, albeit, friendly debate about me being right and you being "not so right" smile I cannot go into the Buddhist site and continue it.

I do not have the time nor the inclination to learn about your false religion to go in there and continue this any further so let's just agree to disagree and when God calls the Holy Spirit up from the earth, you go ahead and chant your mantras, light your incense and rub your Buddha's belly for luck because if you continue to turn away from God, you will need every bit of luck you can get, although it won't help, because the judgement of God is going to fall and it will fall hard.

Alexandra, please don't look to the stars for your answers because you can look to the One who made those stars.

Yes, most Christians shy away from learning about the false religions, however, there are some Christians, like good Bible believing pastors and ministers, probably do or should learn about the false religions so they can counsel other people more wisely than I can. However, that too is between them and God.

I have a great deal of respect for you and your misguided views about God and the Bible and I wish you all of the best and I will pray for you.

Take Care and God Bless You - Vance

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #295458 02/28/07 04:18 AM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
The only way we, as Christians can reach the lost is to engage them. No one said it would be easy.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #295459 02/28/07 04:21 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: texasdave7
The only way we, as Christians can reach the lost is to engage them. No one said it would be easy.

Who is not lost? Pl. ponder over this.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #295482 02/28/07 04:55 AM
Jim Colyer Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Correct, humans are the ones who have to bend.

Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #295508 02/28/07 08:44 AM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
Alexandra,

I do not have the time nor the inclination to learn about your false religion

How rude. At least I took the time to learn about yours. Simply because we both question the others' beliefs, there's no need to ridicule them. And by 'learning about it' whether you adhere to it or not, the knowledge will at least give you a credible insight into the other person's psyche...
Quote:
you go ahead and chant your mantras, light your incense and rub your Buddha's belly for luck

And that's exactly the kind of idiotic patronising comment I would expect from one as ignorant as you are about Buddhism.
If you can't say anything nice, or in a polite way, then don't say anything at all.

Quote:
I have a great deal of respect for you and your misguided views about God

No, you haven't, and the above statements expose you for the ungracious and narrow-minded person you really are. At least TexasDave has the decency and the courtesy to engage constructively with me, even though our opinions are poles apart. you could learn something from his manner, you really could.

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #295672 02/28/07 10:59 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Alexandra,

I cannot apologize for what I said or what I am about to say

I am not interested in learning about Buddhism because according to God, it is a false religion and I am still learning about and growing in my walk with God.

I am not ungracious and if I am narrow minded because I believe that Jesus was born and then died for my sins and because I believe the Bible is the Word of God and the undeniable truth, then I guess I am narrow minded and that is okay because the road to Heaven is narrow as well. We, as Christians, are not here to learn about "people's psyche". We are here to glorify God and spread the Good News about Jesus Christ.

Understanding other peoples' religions and learning about their psyche is probably what drew you away from the Lord in the first place. That is how Satan works and traps people.

Christians always have to seemingly apologize for their actions and their beliefs in God and Jesus. Well, not this one. I am not about to apologize for my beliefs. On Judgment Day, you will be the one who will have to apologize to the Creator for rejecting Him and turning away from Him.

I know my name is in the Lamb's Book of Life. Where do you think your name is written? However, it is not too late for you to repent of your ways and come back to God because He is waiting for you to do that.

You mentioned something about chanting mantras for me earlier, people always talk about rubbing Buddha's belly for luck and other religions, yours included, light incense to purify their mind, body and spirit and the aura around them and none of that is going to help you on Judgment Day and I am just trying to help you see that.

I will admit that I am ignorant about the Buddhist religion as I am about the Muslim religion and any other non-Bible believing religion because it is my belief that they are all false religions if they do not follow the Bible and do not believe that Jesus died for our sins to be wiped clean and do not believe that God is the Alpha-Omega, the beginning and the end and do not believe that He wrote the Bible and created Heaven, Earth and Hell.

I am sorry you got angry with me but that is just Satan attacking you even more and trying to attack me but it won't work because I am a child of the King and a Warrior for Christ in His Army.

Repent of and rebuke your ways Alexandra. I beg of you. Do it before it is too late.

I will continue to pray for you and may God Bless you richly.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #295764 03/01/07 08:23 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
Hello amadeus1220

Which religions are false according to you?

Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #295774 03/01/07 08:51 AM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
Alexandra,

I cannot apologize for what I said or what I am about to say

well in that case you are even less of a human than I previously considered you to be. Hurting people's feelings is unkind. We should all be watchful about what we say to others lest our harshness offends and upsets them. I include myself, and as many will attest, I am careful in what I say.

Quote:
I am not interested in learning about Buddhism because according to God, it is a false religion and I am still learning about and growing in my walk with God.

As I said, simply through learning about Buddhism doesn't mean you'll be absorbing the teachings, if you don't want to....I read about genocides, but it doesn't make me want to go out and murder people..it teaches me about things that happen, and broadens my knowledge...

Quote:
I am not ungracious and if I am narrow minded because I believe that Jesus was born and then died for my sins and because I believe the Bible is the Word of God and the undeniable truth, then I guess I am narrow minded and that is okay because the road to Heaven is narrow as well. We, as Christians, are not here to learn about "people's psyche". We are here to glorify God and spread the Good News about Jesus Christ.

I have never said you swere ungracious or narrow minded for the above reasons, and i have never implied that what YOU do is false and neither have I ever intimated that I am mocking your faith nor what you believe in. My point is that if I hold you and your fasith in the highest respect (which I do) then I would expect the same level of respect and courtesy from you.

Quote:
Understanding other peoples' religions and learning about their psyche is probably what drew you away from the Lord in the first place. That is how Satan works and traps people.

Actually, I became an agnostic and then an atheist for some time, before I even decided to look elsewhere, and explore the greater possibilities open to me...if anything turned me away from the question of God, sad to say, it was people like you....Many times, your good intentions bring about the opposite result, which means one of two things: Either YOU are personally just too much to take, and people don't want to listen to you - or Satan is a more convincing advocate than you are.

Quote:
Christians always have to seemingly apologize for their actions and their beliefs in God and Jesus. Well, not this one. I am not about to apologize for my beliefs. On Judgment Day, you will be the one who will have to apologize to the Creator for rejecting Him and turning away from Him.

I would never want you to, nor expect you to apologise for your beliefs. Ever. I truthfully admire those whose faith is unshakeable. Just as my adherence to Buddhism is. And I don't believe any creator - should s/he exist, would demand an apology from me, because I don't believe them to be as severe, condemning or judgemental as you make them out to be. God's Love is unconditional. And if a person has proven themselves to be altruistic, loving and good, God will recognise that, and embrace them. You don't have the monpoly on God, and God has no religion. he favours nobody above or beyond anyone else, and will love, regardless.
If of course, God exists.

Quote:
I know my name is in the Lamb's Book of Life. Where do you think your name is written? However, it is not too late for you to repent of your ways and come back to God because He is waiting for you to do that.

My name is close to yours, under the heading 'Buddhists'. ('B' comes before 'C' for Christians....! laugh )If such a book exists, (which I doubt) then there are multiple chapters for every possible factor.

Quote:
You mentioned something about chanting mantras for me earlier, people always talk about rubbing Buddha's belly for luck and other religions, yours included, light incense to purify their mind, body and spirit and the aura around them and none of that is going to help you on Judgment Day and I am just trying to help you see that.

Incense is used in the Church too, for the same reasons.... 'Rubbing the Buddha's belly for luck' is like crossing your fingers and wishing on a star... everyone's done that...It's got nothing to do with Judgement day...if you look ate evrything with such blinkered severity, you must be a real buzz at parties!

Quote:
I will admit that I am ignorant about the Buddhist religion as I am about the Muslim religion and any other non-Bible believing religion because it is my belief that they are all false religions if they do not follow the Bible and do not believe that Jesus died for our sins to be wiped clean and do not believe that God is the Alpha-Omega, the beginning and the end and do not believe that He wrote the Bible and created Heaven, Earth and Hell.

Then how can you ever hope to have a well-structured, fair-minded, balanced discussion with anyone about anything, if all you do is stick your nose in just one book? do you think that the Jews are wrong to worship as they do? Jesus was a jew, remember.... I think you need to broaden your horizon a bit, i really do....

Quote:
I am sorry you got angry with me but that is just Satan attacking you even more and trying to attack me but it won't work because I am a child of the King and a Warrior for Christ in His Army.

And here to, your perception is flawed. I was never angry with you, nor am I angry now. I'm sad for you. Sad that you feel so compelled to constrain yourself within such a restrictive straight-jacket, that seems to bind you so tightly your eyes are popping from their sockets...
With your prejudicial attitude, you'll never go up the ranks to anything more than Private....

Quote:
Repent of and rebuke your ways Alexandra. I beg of you. Do it before it is too late.

I am sooooo happy. How on earth could I be otherwise?
You see, I never doubt what I know. You unfortunately are sometimes beset by doubt, because of your belief. That's the whole sad conundrum of faith...You never really ever fully KNOW, do you?

Quote:
I will continue to pray for you and may God Bless you richly.

Thank you, I appreciate it.
At least whilst you have me as your focus, some other person is getting a break.

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #295775 03/01/07 08:52 AM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta
Hello amadeus1220

Which religions are false according to you?

All of them, CDM.... every single one other than the one he is following. His is the only true religion, all the others are simply satan getting in the way.

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #295784 03/01/07 10:18 AM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
Alexandra,
I know you are buddhist but I believe you are still searching. That buddhism is just another stepping stone like agnosticism and atheism was for you. Your coming to buddhism shows me the desire God has placed in your heart to worship. You have a hole in your heart shaped like Jesus Christ that only He can fill. I pray that someday you come back home.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #295796 03/01/07 11:27 AM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
Nope. I have truly found what I'm looking for. I ain't budging, and I say this with as much conviction and certainty as you do.

Within my heart dwells the Buddha-nature inherent in every living being, and the lotus bud awaits the opportunity to open...

I just wish you would permit me to speak to you of my doctrine, but you have expressed no desire to learn more of it, just for the sake of unilateral discussion...

So I cannot presume the right to do so.

But I continue to bless you for thinking of me as you do... smile

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #295816 03/01/07 01:49 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Yes, Thank you Alexandra for speaking for me on the previous page.

Cdmohatta, I will tell you which religions are false:

Any religion that fails to see God as the creator of Heaven and Earth.

Any religion that fails to acknowledge that Jesus was sent here by God to die for our sins.

Any religion that fails to see the Bible as the truth and the word of God.

Any religion that puts another god or idol before the One, God Almighty.

Any religion that fails to recognize that the one way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ, Our Lord.

Any religion that thinks you can chant a mantra for everlasting life

Any religion that thinks you can confess your sins to a priest and say ten Hail Mary's and five Our Father prayers for redemption.

Any religion that is outside of the Bible and outside of Jesus Christ

If your religion does not believe that we were sanctified through the blood of Jesus Christ is a false religion and yes Alexandra, Satan is the Great Manipulator and the Great Tempter and he most certainly is telling you that your religion is okay to follow

Last edited by amadeus1220; 03/01/07 01:53 PM.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #295840 03/01/07 03:54 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
Sorry Amadeus...to avoid 'listening' to unwanted voices in my ear, I'm afraid i have decided to select the ignore facility for you.
That just about wraps it up for us, therefore.

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #295964 03/02/07 01:52 AM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
amadeus,
I agree with EVERYTHING you have said. It seems somewhat harsh to some but I know that sometimes we cannot sugarcoat the truth because nonbelievers will usually swallow the sugar and spit out the truth. The truth is sometimes bitter but itbeats the fires of hell by a long shot.

Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #296001 03/02/07 05:00 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
Yes, Thank you Alexandra for speaking for me on the previous page.

Cdmohatta, I will tell you which religions are false:

Any religion that fails to see God as the creator of Heaven and Earth.

Any religion that fails to acknowledge that Jesus was sent here by God to die for our sins.

Any religion that fails to see the Bible as the truth and the word of God.

Any religion that puts another god or idol before the One, God Almighty.

Any religion that fails to recognize that the one way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ, Our Lord.

Any religion that thinks you can chant a mantra for everlasting life

Any religion that thinks you can confess your sins to a priest and say ten Hail Mary's and five Our Father prayers for redemption.

Any religion that is outside of the Bible and outside of Jesus Christ

If your religion does not believe that we were sanctified through the blood of Jesus Christ is a false religion and yes Alexandra, Satan is the Great Manipulator and the Great Tempter and he most certainly is telling you that your religion is okay to follow

According to you other than Christianity all other religions are false. Did Jesus Christ give any such list or this was prepared by you? I consider Jesus as God but refuse to agree with you that other than Christianity all other religions are false. Youhave no authority to say that. Show me what Jesus said about false religions? Did he speak about mantras? Letus talk with open mind.

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #296015 03/02/07 05:29 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
amadeus1220

You say-

Will you talk with open mind? If yes, I want to discuss the above. I would like to discuss all other statements made by you in your past one after another. If you want to maintain that you know the truth and others are false then no discussion. But if you respect what i say and I respect what you say, we will talk. Being a devout Hindu, I still maintain that Jesus is son of God and God. I say this because many Siddhas have seen Jesus in that light.

Coming back to your statement. Do you think Jesus could arrive on this earth in only one form? I say- Jesus is God. He can take as many forms as he wishes. We may not recognize him, but that is our ignorance. Pl. comment.

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #296022 03/02/07 06:00 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
Also- Can anybody tell me about the evolution. What does the bible say about it?

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #296043 03/02/07 10:02 AM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
cdmohatta,
If you believe Jesus Christ is God then you believe He was telling the truth when He said, " I am THE way, THE truth, and THE life; and NO ONE comes to the Father but by me." John 14:6 Jesus was saying He was the only way to heaven. That automatically makes all other ways ( religions) false. Jesus also said in John 3:18 that those who do not accept Him are already condemned. Jesus is God so God said there is only one way. Through Jesus.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #296055 03/02/07 10:55 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
cdmohatta,
If you believe Jesus Christ is God then you believe He was telling the truth when He said, " I am THE way, THE truth, and THE life; and NO ONE comes to the Father but by me." John 14:6 Jesus was saying He was the only way to heaven. That automatically makes all other ways ( religions) false. Jesus also said in John 3:18 that those who do not accept Him are already condemned. Jesus is God so God said there is only one way. Through Jesus.

I will never argue about what Jesus said. If he said something, it may have a deeper meaning. Give me time to respond to you on this.

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #296105 03/02/07 03:33 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Cdm,

I would love to have an open and frank discussion about what I said in the past posts and I also wrote quite a bit about evolution in a couple of them but iw ill tell you exactly about what the Bible says about evolution. Read it with an open mind.

Genesis 1:26 - 28 says:

Then God said, "Let us make man in our own image, according to our likeness, let him have dominion over the fish and the sea, over the birds of the air and over the cattle, over all of the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.
So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female, He created them. Then God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it, have dominion over the fish of the sea; the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

So if we evolved from some primordial sludge from the ocean or from the apes, then how can we have dominion over them?

God created us in His image, if our image was apelike or sea sludge like, then why would our image change?

If we evolved from the apes, then why are there still apes and why aren't they birthing human babies?

I will tell you why. All life will produce like life.

Cdm, you can discuss or ask me anything you like. I was making sense to Alexandra and almost reached her so she chose to ignore me and my posts.

Iwould hope you don't that Cdm because that truly is Satan moving in her. Satan didn't like the fact that I was starting to reach her so he told her to shut me off ands she did.

Also you asked me what authority I have to say the things I did?

I was given the authority by Jesus Christ to say those things. He gave me the authority to say them the very day that he wrote my name in the Book of Life. The day I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior.

Want to know exactly what Jesus went through for us and why it is shameful for us not to believe in Him?
Follow this link to a very powerful, very stirring music video:

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #296110 03/02/07 03:42 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra

Cdm, you can discuss or ask me anything you like. I was making sense to Alexandra and almost reached her so she chose to ignore me and my posts.

Iwould hope you don't that Cdm because that truly is Satan moving in her. Satan didn't like the fact that I was starting to reach her so he told her to shut me off ands she did.

You weren't even close, dear...you flatter yourself. You never 'almost reached me' and you know it. You have never made sense, and you never will.
I thought you weren't permitted to bear false witness?

And I can ignore or not, as I wish. Mostly, I wish. But I don't appreciate you telling lies at my expense, thank you, which is why I would at least like to claim the right to come in and correct wrong impression.

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #296123 03/02/07 04:20 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Ok whatever gets you through the night. However, deep in Satan's heart he knew I was reaching you and it scared him and that is why he told you to ignore me or apparently what you pick and choose to ignore.

I am still praying for you Alexandra.

How did you know I wrote anything about you if you are truly ignoring me? You are just picking and choosing.

However, you don't have to worry about me writing anything about you anymore. I opened the door for God to go into your heart so now I will wait for Him to convict you.

I have faith that once you shake off Satan's chains, you will become a great Warrior for Christ.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #296280 03/03/07 05:57 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
[quote=amadeus1220]Cdm,

I would love to have an open and frank discussion about what I said in the past posts and I also wrote quite a bit about evolution in a couple of them but iw ill tell you exactly about what the Bible says about evolution. Read it with an open mind.

Genesis 1:26 - 28 says:

Then God said, "Let us make man in our own image, according to our likeness, let him have dominion over the fish and the sea, over the birds of the air and over the cattle, over all of the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.
So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female, He created them. Then God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it, have dominion over the fish of the sea; the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

So if we evolved from some primordial sludge from the ocean or from the apes, then how can we have dominion over them?

God created us in His image, if our image was apelike or sea sludge like, then why would our image change?

If we evolved from the apes, then why are there still apes and why aren't they birthing human babies?

I will tell you why. All life will produce like life.

Also you asked me what authority I have to say the things I did?

I was given the authority by Jesus Christ to say those things. He gave me the authority to say them the very day that he wrote my name in the Book of Life. The day I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior.

Want to know exactly what Jesus went through for us and why it is shameful for us not to believe in Him?
Follow this link to a very powerful, very stirring music video:

Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #296282 03/03/07 06:01 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
Ok whatever gets you through the night. However, deep in Satan's heart he knew I was reaching you and it scared him and that is why he told you to ignore me or apparently what you pick and choose to ignore.

I am still praying for you Alexandra.

How did you know I wrote anything about you if you are truly ignoring me? You are just picking and choosing.

However, you don't have to worry about me writing anything about you anymore. I opened the door for God to go into your heart so now I will wait for Him to convict you.

I have faith that once you shake off Satan's chains, you will become a great Warrior for Christ.

Would it be better if you persuade people with love of Christ rather than threat of Satan? You look like a true Christian. Why not leave the threat of Satan to God himself? You show only love and compssion of Christ. Is that OK?

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #296339 03/03/07 11:39 AM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I have tried both ways to try and reach her. The threat of Satan is very real as is the love of Jesus Christ and God. You would have to read all of the other posts to understand why Satan was brought into this anyway.

I always try to people about the Good News of Jesus Christ and the love that he has for all of us. Then when people start nixing it and telling me to prove it without using the Bible as proof, then they are just becoming ridiculous and I have to choose another path.

Ever since I read the book, "23 Minutes in Hell" by Bill Weise,
Hell has become even more real for me and it is a very scary place and I would like not to see anyone in there at all

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #296493 03/04/07 06:45 AM
babak Offline
Gecko
Gecko
Pity Satan! Now I realize how much Satan has been suffered from humans and why it didn't bow to Adam.

Re: God [Re: babak] #296499 03/04/07 07:03 AM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Pity Satan, indeed. He is going to be in a world of hurt when Jesus comes back

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #296517 03/04/07 10:15 AM
babak Offline
Gecko
Gecko
you call it he! I'm not sure but proud of it if it was a man any way. where did jeusus go and from where he will going to back? your God isn't present now! but Satan is still with us! lol
how much we would spend in dream/legend? let think

Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #296519 03/04/07 11:08 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
I have tried both ways to try and reach her. The threat of Satan is very real as is the love of Jesus Christ and God. You would have to read all of the other posts to understand why Satan was brought into this anyway.

I always try to people about the Good News of Jesus Christ and the love that he has for all of us. Then when people start nixing it and telling me to prove it without using the Bible as proof, then they are just becoming ridiculous and I have to choose another path.

Ever since I read the book, "23 Minutes in Hell" by Bill Weise,
Hell has become even more real for me and it is a very scary place and I would like not to see anyone in there at all

I agree with you. here is a small thought.
let us not tryto tell people that they are wrong about their beliefs. that immediately provokes the other person.
rather than that, let us talk good of our reliogion and get away if we find that we are not agreeing at all. May christ be with all of us.

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #296531 03/04/07 12:40 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
If we walk away when we feel we are not agreeing with someone else, then we as Christians, are not doing our job.

If we just talk about how good our relationship is with Jesus without saying their beliefs are wrong, according to God's laws, then how will they know?

I have no problem having a fun time debating whether God exists or not to someone else, but when they tell me that I can't use the Bible as proof or the truth then they leave me no alternative
to go another route because the Bible is the epitomy of truth.

It is my job as a Christian to minister the gospels of Jesus Christ. It is my job as a Christian to tell of the Good News.

It is my job as a Christian to praise and worship God and tell people how greta He is. How he is the Great I Am, how He is the Alpha and Omega.

It is my job as a Christian to open the door in someone's heart so God can walk right in and convict them.

It's not even my job. Job is a bad word. It's my RESPONSIBILITY as a Christian to tell people who believe in Buddha, Mohammed and whoever else they believe in besides God, that they are indeed heading down the wrong path

I don't start out harsh, it's when people tell me to talk about God without using the Bible or when they call me Satan, then yes, I will get a bit offended and start hitting them with the harsh reality of where they heading and with whom they are heading there with.

It is a harsh reality so if you don't want to know, then don't ask or attempt to goad and everything will be cool.

If you do not follow the Laws of Christ, if you do not accept him into your heart, if you do not pray and ask Him for forgiveness of your sins, if you believe in any other god but God, if you believe the Bible is a fairytale, then you are going to Hell plain and simple.

There simply is no way to sugarcoat something like that.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #296547 03/04/07 02:14 PM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
I fully agree with you. but take education. You do not teach the higher maths immediately. you go from numerals. I believe that rather than talking in a way that blocks people, listen to them first. talk about how Jesus' love can change everything. I agree with what all you have said in your post and sometimes I asm also at a loss to understand about to explain the truth. But I have found- some people will never like to hear the truth. Some people will. I then talk to the second type.

I admire your love and committment to Christ. I feel blessed talking to you.

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #296574 03/04/07 04:56 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Yes, Cdm,

You are right. If I didn't do it the way that you suggested, then I will make a conscience effort to do it that way.

I will also watch out for those people who want to lead me into an argument about what is truth and what is not. It is only my responsibility to open the door and it is the Lord's responsibility to convict their hearts.

From now on, I will refuse to be lead into arguments and focus more on answering people's questions and glorifying the Lord.

After all, I know what the truth is and I know where my destiny lies.

Thank you for your kind words Cdm and thank you for making me check myself. You may have prevented me from making future mistakes and turning people away from instead of bringing them to the Lord.

May the Lord Bless You richly, Cdm.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #296637 03/04/07 11:07 PM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
The Bible says we must profess the WHOLE counsel of God. Jesus was not always gentle but He was always truthful. He spoke more of hell than heaven. He comforted but He also warned. He also offended many. Don't withhold the truth for fear of offending man. Preach the whole counsel of God for fear of offending God.

Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #296705 03/05/07 05:36 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
Yes, Cdm,

You are right. If I didn't do it the way that you suggested, then I will make a conscience effort to do it that way.

I will also watch out for those people who want to lead me into an argument about what is truth and what is not. It is only my responsibility to open the door and it is the Lord's responsibility to convict their hearts.

From now on, I will refuse to be lead into arguments and focus more on answering people's questions and glorifying the Lord.

After all, I know what the truth is and I know where my destiny lies.

Thank you for your kind words Cdm and thank you for making me check myself. You may have prevented me from making future mistakes and turning people away from instead of bringing them to the Lord.

May the Lord Bless You richly, Cdm.

Let us not thank each other. Let us say Jesus guided both of us.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #296706 03/05/07 05:39 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
The Bible says we must profess the WHOLE counsel of God. Jesus was not always gentle but He was always truthful. He spoke more of hell than heaven. He comforted but He also warned. He also offended many. Don't withhold the truth for fear of offending man. Preach the whole counsel of God for fear of offending God.

we can do all this if we are Jesus. But weare not. Jesus could show his glory within a fraction of nano second. we can not. Let us be his followers and do what he wanted us to do.

You can have a discussion with a fanatic muslim for a million years. you will get nothing but a tired mind. Why not to talk more of Glory of God?

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #296806 03/05/07 12:24 PM
babak Offline
Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: /
He spoke more of hell than heaven

Dear Dave
I thought Jesus died for erase our sins, beside he must has spoken with believers, who their sins were wiped, so for who he spoken to about hell?
Is it fair that just because I believe him despite of my sins have to go to heaven for ever and otherwise no believe, have to stay eternal in hell whether I was bad or good?
For just a simple thing my destiny will change deeply!!!! I really disable to understand the concepts!!!

amadeuse
pardon if I was offensive. I don't want to resent any body. we can be freind with different opinions.

Re: God [Re: babak] #296827 03/05/07 02:00 PM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
When we say that Jesus died for our sins, does that mean that we are all forgiven?

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #296854 03/05/07 03:09 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Jesus spoke to everyone. Believers and non-believers. He spoke of hell BEFORE He was crucified. He spoke of the horrors of hell and the wonders of Heaven.

Cdm, Jesus did die and all of our sins were forgiven as soon as we accepted Christ as the Savior and acknowledged that He did die for us and for our sins to be wiped clean.

Also, cdm, please know that if you were the only person alive at that time, Jesus would have still died for you.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: babak] #296863 03/05/07 03:23 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Originally Posted By: babak
you call it he! I'm not sure but proud of it if it was a man any way. where did jeusus go and from where he will going to back? your God isn't present now! but Satan is still with us! lol
how much we would spend in dream/legend? let think

Babak, My God is very present with me now. God is always with me. Where did Jesus go? Ummm...He went to Heaven to create a room for me in His Father's mansion after He was crucified and after I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior.

He will be coming back to Earth to call up the Holy Spirit and there will be a great rapture and we will join Him in the splendor of Heaven...well...some of us will. Others, unfortunately will spend eternity in Hell.

Yes, Satan is with us now but so is Jesus. When Satan tries to attack, you just tell him that you have been bought by the Blood of Christ and rebuke Him. Resist the devil and he will flee.

BTW, you have not offended me. I am not easily offended because I am a beacon in which Christ's light shines through me.

I just feel saddened for people who do not and will not accept Christ as the Lord and that God sent Him here for us. I feel saddened because those are the people who will be subjected to an eternity of torment along with Satan.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #297046 03/06/07 03:54 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
Jesus spoke to everyone. Believers and non-believers. He spoke of hell BEFORE He was crucified. He spoke of the horrors of hell and the wonders of Heaven.

Cdm, Jesus did die and all of our sins were forgiven as soon as we accepted Christ as the Savior and acknowledged that He did die for us and for our sins to be wiped clean.

Also, cdm, please know that if you were the only person alive at that time, Jesus would have still died for you.

Thank you. Hinduism also speaks of hell as the greatest horror.

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #297099 03/06/07 06:58 AM
babak Offline
Gecko
Gecko
Jesus did die and all of our sins were forgiven as soon as we accepted Christ as the Savior and acknowledged that He did die for us and for our sins to be wiped clean.

Thanks for this valuable informations! I will join you surely but guess I have a lot of time in my life and willing to do a lot of sins before accept Christ! Beside still need my brain!

I just feel saddened for people who do not and will not accept Christ as the Lord and that God sent Him here for us.

Oh dear Amadeus don't worry, let them go to hell! Please let heaven be not too crowdy. Oh yeah less people, more share of amenity and facility there.
I will join you in heaven, please tell Jesus that he must give me more share there because I come to you with different pattern.

Re: God [Re: babak] #297130 03/06/07 10:19 AM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
babak,
You have no idea how much time you have in your life. No one does. I could be dead tomorrow.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #297137 03/06/07 10:27 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
babak,
You have no idea how much time you have in your life. No one does. I could be dead tomorrow.

Well said. Death waits for us at every moment.

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #297161 03/06/07 01:05 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
If you want to see something about a person i consider to be truly, globally Godly (in the very best sense of the word,)check this website out.

If he can do it, why can't you?
As far as I am concerned, his approach is far more in the vein of a person with his arm through God's....THIS is the kind of Christian with whom, to my mind, is one I would be happy to sit and break bread.

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #297711 03/08/07 10:11 AM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
Christianity and buddhism do not mix. Buddhism is a false religion.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #297719 03/08/07 10:26 AM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
How can you pssibly say that after reading about him? What is your evidence for saying so?

Thomas Merton proves you are wrong, and that applied as it should be, neither Christianity nor Buddhism are false religions.
Where is he wrong?
Where is he a lesser Christian than you for saying so?

Why oh why are you still so resistant about being more open and accepting, TD? Why not just loosen up a bit?
Are you saying you are better and more intelligent, and more godly than he?

Last edited by Alexandra; 03/08/07 10:28 AM.
Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #297769 03/08/07 01:21 PM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf

Your second sentence is wrong. I take it as a personal affront.

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #297776 03/08/07 01:32 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
Well, how do you think I feel?

This is essentially telling me that I am a liar, and that I subscribe to lies.

I have never told anyone that their religion is false, even if I had disagreed with their version of things...I might take issue with some factors, but I wholeheartedly respect their right to believe it. In fact, i uphold it and support it as their fundamental human right to worship as they wish...But to tell some one at 'point-blank' range that you consider them to be a liar is somewhat hurtful.

I thought we had moved on from this matter, TD.

Why do you say such hurtful things? And phrase it as you will, it is hurtful.

But you know what?

I forgive you.

*hugs* anyway.

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #297929 03/09/07 04:52 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
To call somebody as a suspect is surely not good.

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #297980 03/09/07 12:16 PM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
Read John 3:18 Jesus says those who do not follow Him are already condemned. John 14:6 says Jesus is the ONLY way to the Father. All other ways lead to judgement. All other faiths are false hope. Christ is life. The ONLY true path.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #297981 03/09/07 12:22 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
Until I receive an apology, I'm ignoring you.

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #298036 03/09/07 06:09 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Why do you shut people off when they give you the proof that you ask for?

Here is some more proof for you:

Matthew 7:15 says Beware of false prophets which come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

1 John 4:1-3 says, Believe not every spirit but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world... every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the fleshis not of God.

I also found this passage in a Christain counseling book:

For centuries the "Eastern" religions have kept millions upon millions in poverty, disease, superstition and illiteracy. Now they are "disguised" and offered to the Western world as being beneficial to the "body" and "mind".

However, since you are seemingly blind to anything outside of the Eastern religions, I don't expect you to take much stock in what I have written here either.

You all keep asking for proof and when it is given to you, you dismiss it and say you want more. How much proof will it take for you to believe something?

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #298143 03/10/07 04:53 AM
BiblBasixEditor Offline
Gecko
Gecko
Quote:

Your second sentence is wrong. I take it as a personal affront.

Unfortunatly, I am reluctant to act on this as this IS the Bible Basics forum... however, I am sorry that you feel hurt or threatened in here.

Texas Dave, we all have to be able to speak in here whether you feel that Buddism is false or not. Everyone is welcome to their own beliefs and there needs a to be a freedom of expression on both sides.

So CM, I am sorry that you feel affronted, please do not let this inhibit your posting. I AM monitering.

Jenna Robinson
Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #298144 03/10/07 05:05 AM
BiblBasixEditor Offline
Gecko
Gecko
Quote:
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Me.
THIS is what this verse says.

Quote:
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him.
John 3:18 He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than the Light, because their deeds were evil.
John 3:20 For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
John 3:21 But he who practices truth comes to the Light so that his works may be revealed, that they exist, having been worked in God.

This is what the Word says. Through these verses I see that even though it DOES say condemned, Jesus explains himself. He says that the condemnation is not having the Light. Not having the courage to come into the light lest our sins are exposed. It's easy to walk in the flesh instead of the spirit. We are so used to hiding behind our masks instead of getting real with ourselves especially in front of others let alone people we know. Jesus says He ALREADY knows us and LOVES us anyway. So there is nothing to be afraid of. We are WELCOMED into the light of knowing Him.

Jesus wasn't out praying on the corners where the Pharisees were praying, he's walking along with a group of outcasts and fishermen and tax collectors. Sometimes we can find God in the middle of a crowd we never expected to be in. God can use anyone. ANYONE. We need to be able to be taught anytime, anyplace, anyway. After all how Christ-like are we if we subject another one of God's children to harsh judgement and criticism. Isn't that more the style of the Pharisees than of Christ? I say love and let God be the judge. We only plant the seeds we don't make it grow...

Jenna Robinson
Re: God [Re: BiblBasixEditor] #298146 03/10/07 05:08 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
To call a faith false is wrong. That is an attack that is not required. Imagine what happens to Buddhists when they hear that their religion is false? This kind of talk has already created lot of problems between Muslims and Christians. Let this forum not become a ground for spread of hatred. There is something called decency. A good Christian should not hurt others. Am I right? Alexendra deserves an apology from texas dave.

Last edited by cdmohatta; 03/10/07 05:09 AM.
Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #298157 03/10/07 05:27 AM
BiblBasixEditor Offline
Gecko
Gecko
To have faith is wonderful. To find peace is wonderful. To expect one person to behave according to our OWN standards is foolish. Alex can ignore Dave if this is what makes her feel better. She can decide that Dave is wrong and stop trying to draw blood from a turnip and move on.

In the Biblical sense Dave is right. There is no other path to heaven (life with Christ) than through a born again relationship with Jesus Christ. But I don't subscribe to this form of evangelism. It's not my calling. In my opinion, being a Christian is BEING a Christian. I wrote an article on the Bible Basics site called Being a Living Sacrifice. In this article I explain that walking the walk is about actually being like Jesus not just spouting off about it in terms that non-Christians can't understand. It's about love. Jesus came to show us the Father's love. He came to demonstrate the laws of the old testament and how most of us people back then were making it more complicated than it actually was because we were missing the key ingredient: love. If I love my husband, I'm not going to cheat on him or lie to him. If I love my children, I'm not going to let them go hungry or thirsty. If I love my parents I'm going to treat them with respect and reverence for their position in my life. Without love, there can be NO evangelism. Sometimes we have to hear the actual truth, but without love we just drive people away.

So do I think Buddism is a "false" religion? I hear you asking...

Yes. BUT, I also think that if someone experiences peace within their souls, and that God is in control of everything and KNOWS what is in the heart of the person who is FINDING this peace in Buddism, then I am called to be a good representative of Jesus - truth in love- and to NOT turn the hearts of those who are NOT born again Christians even harder. I plant the seeds of the love of Christ through my actions and my attitude. Not my words alone.

Jenna Robinson
Re: God [Re: BiblBasixEditor] #298172 03/10/07 06:12 AM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
We are to live our lives in love. We are to speak in love. Loving someone is not always gentle. Jesus gave us the way out of condemnation that rests on all of us without Him. It is an injustice to our brothers and sisters if we fail to warn them of failure to accept Christ. Warning of danger is a loving thing. Of course, people get offended. Jesus offended many. He was murdered for offending religious leaders. Why do you think the law ( Old Testament) came first? God does nothing by accident. The law came first because repentance must come first. The law came first because no one will flee to Christ for salvation if they do not first feel conviction under the law. Jesus died for our SINS. So, that is a critical issue. The cross is a symbol of hope AND a warning. It is hope because a God who loves us enough to sacrifice His innocent, only begotten Son for our sins loves us greatly indeed. It is a warning because a God who is willing to put His innocent, only begotten Son through extreme torture and death for sin will not hesitate to put His guilty, adopted children in hell. God is love but He is also holy and just. We must preach the WHOLE counsel of God. To tell only half the truth is the same as telling a lie, it misleads.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #298196 03/10/07 07:49 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
To call other faith as false is wrong and unacceptable. According to Hinduism, Buddha was incarnation of Lord Vishnu. He is considered nothing less than God by Indians, at least 800 million of them. Tibet, Japan, China, thailand, Korea, sri Lanka and many other nations are full of Buddhists. You should visit Bodhgaya in India to know what Buddhism is.

Is Christ happy with your statements? No. I repeat that before you threaten others with hell and what not, you may find the highway to hell yourself. You keep talkingof love and your words are very bitter and hurting to others.

Are you serving Christianity by speaking thus?

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #298213 03/10/07 11:15 AM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
I have tears in my eyes as I read the comforting words of CDMohatta and Jenna, and bow to your goodness, kindness, openness, compassion and Brotherhood.

Thank you both for your loving words.

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #298218 03/10/07 11:43 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
I am more worried that these fanatic posters will manage to create more enemies than friends.

Last edited by cdmohatta; 03/10/07 11:45 AM.
Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #298271 03/10/07 07:22 PM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
I am not threatening anyone with hell. Hell was created for the devil and his angels.If anyone goes there it is because they themselves have chosen it. It has nothing to do with me. And 800 million Indians are wrong. Truth is not dependent upon consensus.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #298317 03/11/07 01:19 AM
BiblBasixEditor Offline
Gecko
Gecko
Quote:
Of course, people get offended. Jesus offended many. He was murdered for offending religious leaders.

Jesus said what He said and then let God do what God decided to do. You've said your piece now move on...

Quote:
We must preach the WHOLE counsel of God. To tell only half the truth is the same as telling a lie, it misleads.

There are two issues here. First is the matter of what you consider the "whole Truth". When did you decide that you were God? How do you know that God has not already spoken here? Where is it written in His Word that he has designated YOU as his spokesman? You sound more like a condemning pharisee than a loving disciple. It is the relentlessness of your approach that is exhausting.

I understand that you think you are doing God's will and evangelizing the nations to bring all under the cover of salvation. But take some time a look over the reponses to your posts. Have you brought ANYONE into a loving relationship with Christ? Have you gotten any response other than negative YET? You even have some Christians turning their back on supporting you. It is harder to live with love for everyone than it is to judge and condemn. Try to learn from this. Grow as an evangelist. Jesus let his words sink in and He gained followers. He didn't hammer everyone until His own followers hung Him from the cross. The pharisees bullied people into following their rules and teachings by being the loudest speakers in the room, by claiming to have the advantage over simple everyday folks, and by allowing no one to come into knowledge of God's Word on their own. People don't want to be dragged to the foot of the cross and demanded to repent. "For what" is their cry. What have I done?! Instead one must learn to demonstrate the love of Christ first and then shed light on the mysteries everyone is seeking before we hit them with condemnation, after all, this is GOD'S JOB, not ours.

The second thing going on in this quote of yours is the implication that I am only supporting "half truths" and am a liar. This Dave is only your pride speaking. You can't possibly truly feel this way. There is supposed to be an even playing ground among Christians. Not a hierarchy. Your not better than I am in the kingdom. In God's eyes we are all equal. He loves me with the same passion and fervor that He loves everyone. So think next time before you imply that another person is a liar or worse, leading others astray.

Jenna Robinson
Re: God [Re: BiblBasixEditor] #298364 03/11/07 05:34 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
Quote:
Of course, people get offended. Jesus offended many. He was murdered for offending religious leaders.

Jesus said what He said and then let God do what God decided to do. You've said your piece now move on...

Quote:
We must preach the WHOLE counsel of God. To tell only half the truth is the same as telling a lie, it misleads.

There are two issues here. First is the matter of what you consider the "whole Truth". When did you decide that you were God? How do you know that God has not already spoken here? Where is it written in His Word that he has designated YOU as his spokesman? You sound more like a condemning pharisee than a loving disciple. It is the relentlessness of your approach that is exhausting.

I understand that you think you are doing God's will and evangelizing the nations to bring all under the cover of salvation. But take some time a look over the reponses to your posts. Have you brought ANYONE into a loving relationship with Christ? Have you gotten any response other than negative YET? You even have some Christians turning their back on supporting you. It is harder to live with love for everyone than it is to judge and condemn. Try to learn from this. Grow as an evangelist. Jesus let his words sink in and He gained followers. He didn't hammer everyone until His own followers hung Him from the cross. The pharisees bullied people into following their rules and teachings by being the loudest speakers in the room, by claiming to have the advantage over simple everyday folks, and by allowing no one to come into knowledge of God's Word on their own. People don't want to be dragged to the foot of the cross and demanded to repent. "For what" is their cry. What have I done?! Instead one must learn to demonstrate the love of Christ first and then shed light on the mysteries everyone is seeking before we hit them with condemnation, after all, this is GOD'S JOB, not ours.

The second thing going on in this quote of yours is the implication that I am only supporting "half truths" and am a liar. This Dave is only your pride speaking. You can't possibly truly feel this way. There is supposed to be an even playing ground among Christians. Not a hierarchy. Your not better than I am in the kingdom. In God's eyes we are all equal. He loves me with the same passion and fervor that He loves everyone. So think next time before you imply that another person is a liar or worse, leading others astray.

Great writing. Applaud.

Last edited by cdmohatta; 03/11/07 05:39 AM.
Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #298368 03/11/07 05:40 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
I am not threatening anyone with hell. Hell was created for the devil and his angels.If anyone goes there it is because they themselves have chosen it. It has nothing to do with me. And 800 million Indians are wrong. Truth is not dependent upon consensus.

Ignored after reading. Rubbish.

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #298377 03/11/07 06:10 AM
babak Offline
Gecko
Gecko
I guess Dave is honest with us and tell every thing that he thinks is right.
I like such people when can see them as they are.

Re: God [Re: babak] #298385 03/11/07 07:32 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: babak
I guess Dave is honest with us and tell every thing that he thinks is right.
I like such people when can see them as they are.

Such people can create lot of unnecessary hatred. Invite him to Islamic forum and see what happens?

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #298437 03/11/07 01:33 PM
babak Offline
Gecko
Gecko
Cdmohatta
I guess about Islam we have more common sense! lol
Nowadays, I less participate in discussion with religious persons, just because I saw most of them are less logical, reiterate some sentences, just accept what they think is right and that's all. In this case not so difference in title of religion I think!
It don't mean I ignore them, try to read their posts and learn more, just during some weeks ago I learned a lot from people in this forum.
I like to see free speech; people tell their opinion freely even if it offend and insult my opinion and believe.

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #298438 03/11/07 01:34 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
It really doesn't matter how we talk to you about Christianity on here because you are going to refuse to believe it anyway.

We have tried to talk with you with easiness and we tried to talk with a sense of fire and brimstone and you have all shot it down no matter how we talk about it.

You've asked for proof and it was given to you. However, if it wasn't written by the Dahli Lama or some other pro - Buddhist person, then you refuse to believe it as truth.

Jenna, you said that we shuld shed light on the mysteries that everyone is seeking before we hit them with condemnation.
What Mysteries?

We've tried telling them that Christ died for us and that He would have died for just one person if He had to. We have tried to explain that Christ exemplifies love and they come back with Buddha does too or Mohammed is the same way.

Then when we tell them that their religion is false according to the Word of God, they get offended and then do not want to hear anything.

Whether we come at them with love or fire and brimstone, it doesn't matter because it is with love in our hearts that we try to reach out to people like Alexandra or Babak or whomever doesn't know Christ on a more personal level.

Sure there are different classifications of Christians but if they do not follow the Word of God, believe that the Bible was written by God or believ that Jesus preached about Heaven and Hell and then died for us so if we believe in Him, we will not know the horrors of Hell, then they are not Christians at all.

The White Supremacists and the Klan for instance, are not Christians and they claim to be.

People who follow the teachings of Buddha instead of God are not Christians and will not know Heaven.

People who belong to the Church of Satan and follow him instead of God will not know Heaven.

People who follow Mohammed instead of Jesus will not know the splendor of Heaven.

Jenna, it is fine that you want a good reputation on here and want respect but you go ahead and tell Alexandra that she will not go to Heaven if she continues to follow Buddha and see what she says to you.

Texas Dave is right. There is no middle of the road here. You either believe in Christ and why He was born and died or you don't.

If you don't, then you will suffer the consequences according to the Word of God.

We didn't come here to act self righteous or pious. It was love in my heart to come here and try to spread the Word of God so that others may be saved as well.

Can't tell people about hell? Someone better tell them about it. It is a reality.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #298494 03/11/07 11:17 PM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
Thank you Amadeus. Well spoken.

Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #298501 03/12/07 12:31 AM
BiblBasixEditor Offline
Gecko
Gecko
Quote:
Jenna, you said that we shuld shed light on the mysteries that everyone is seeking before we hit them with condemnation.
What Mysteries?

In my experience, a lot of non-believers seem to be seeking after inner peace and the meaning of life etc... I'm saying that the answer to these questions lies within a personal relationship with Jesus.

Quote:
Jenna, it is fine that you want a good reputation on here and want respect but you go ahead and tell Alexandra that she will not go to Heaven if she continues to follow Buddha and see what she says to you.

It's not that I WANT a good reputation, I HAVE one. I have one because I offer a place for everyone to reasonably approach me and contemplate God. Whether they are ready to accept Jesus is not up to me. I am just the seed spreader, not the water or the sun or the soil which makes the seed grow. If someone wants an answer to a question, I iwwill offer my answer and they know what they are getting from me. They also know I will not judge them. You should try it once in a while... it's a much better way to lead others to the wonderfulness of salvation than chasing them around a forum bashing them with your Bible. I sit quietly with mine open and give to those who approach. I know for a fact that God brings those to me that He has made ready. I will tell people about Hell if God has lead them to me and given me the words to say to them.

"We, we, we...." Hmmmm sounds fishy to me. If everyone has ganged up on Dave, why are you so mad???? Nobody is mad at you now...Curious... and how quick is Dave to respond to your post??? It's like he's sitting right there with you.... wink

Jenna Robinson
Re: God [Re: BiblBasixEditor] #298547 03/12/07 07:52 AM
babak Offline
Gecko
Gecko
Jenna
Thanks for approved free conversation here and tolerate about my sentences, also you Amadeus and Dave.

Amadeus
You come here with love, and I love you, Dave and other clubber too, for me it's not important to departure to hell and see you in heaven.

You wrote about proof, which kind of proof you offered? Less reasonable or logical. I saw you believed with your heart? You love to believe so believe, you assume other ways are false, maybe you were right but did you ponder about it?

We have a proverb: "let Jesus stay in his religion and Moses in his religion".
In Persian: "Eisa be dine khodesh va Mosa be dine Khodesh"
I think we can love and respect each other with different opinion and mentality.

I don't see the world in binary situation, 0 or 1, Satan or God, bad or good, maybe I was wrong but can't accept any thing without understanding.

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #298550 03/12/07 08:37 AM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
(proverbs 26:11)

TexasDave, you seem to be dispaying very dog-like behaviour....You have been banned several times, you keep coming back with this constant diatribe, and you keep getting banned, again.
You must sure like the taste ofd your own mess....

"Insanity is repeating the same behaviour over and over again, and expecting a different result."

Your own behaviour bears testimony to the fact that you are either a fool, or slightly off your head.

If not both.

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #298559 03/12/07 09:01 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
Can we not ignore his posts?

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #298562 03/12/07 09:08 AM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
I get banned because the darkness hates the light lest its evil deeds should be exposed. Bringing the light (Christ) to bear causes some people to get offended and angry. That's O.K. Its good to sometimes get people out of their comfort zone. Especially if they're comfortable in the handbasket. I keep coming back because the Holy Spirit calls me back. I will probably leave again when I am called away. Sometimes its not about someone who even responds to my posts. Sometimes its about who is just reading them. I'm reminded of a true story of a Pastor who pleaded with a man for hours to come to Christ but to no avail. Did He waste his time? No, because years later He found out that the man whom he had pleaded with had a son who heard his pleas to his father and never forgot what the Pastor said. When he got older he gave his life to Jesus Christ and became a pastor of a large church. I have heard this man speak at our church. His is a powerful testimony. You never know who's listening.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #298586 03/12/07 12:13 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
"A fool is known by a multitude of words."

"Those who don't know, speak.
Those who do know, do. "

Amazing how many brackets you fall into...
in spite of being repeatedly told by so many here (Christian and atheist alike) that your methods are both unwelcome and questionable, you still persist in your obstinacy, and end up sounding like the braying donkey....

Does it not seem strange to you that, within our exchanges, out of the two of us, it is the devout bible-bashing christian who preaches 'Repent your sins and come to christ' that has proven himself insulting and offensive, whilst the 'Heathen, false-Religion unbeliever' has remained dignified and polite throughout?
I thought we'd made a promise to each other to maintain dignity respect and politeness?

I thought we were doing so well.

Shame.

I am still ignoring your posts, by the way.

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #298591 03/12/07 12:30 PM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
Why do you keep responding to him? He is playing a mind game.

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #298607 03/12/07 12:56 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
I wasn't responding to him. I was merely addressing a comment to him. If he's playing mind games, he's not succeeding with me.

I am quite happily 'ignoring this user' - ! laugh

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #298609 03/12/07 12:58 PM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
Then do not look at what he writes.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #298612 03/12/07 01:03 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
First of all, I am not a Bible Thumper. I don't even go to the Bible about Jesus and God until someone asks me for proof. Then I go to the Bible and offer proof, but, it's not proof they want to hear "because it was only men who wrote the Bible and not God".

Jenna, you wait for people to come ask you about the Bible or God?

Paul went out from Antioch to spread the gospel of Christ. Jesus walked for miles to spread the word of God. He went to the mountains to talk to people, went to their houses and went into villages and towns to talk about the goodness of God. He didn't wait for people to come to Him and neither did Paul.

The lost will not approach us, we have to approach them.

When you get to Heaven, God is going to ask you two questions:

"Did you know my Son?" and "Who did you care enough to bring with you?"

Are you going to say, "No one Father. No one approached me and asked about you."

Mark 16:15 - 16 says: And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

Right there it tells us to go out to the people. It doesn't say wait and let people come up and ask you about the gospel.

Our church held the drama, "Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flames" last night for night one of three. At the end of it, over forty people turned their lives over to God. Sure, they came to us but not before we went out to them and handed out tickets to people and hung up posters.

Don't tell them about Hell because you might scare them and scaring them is no way to bring them to God.

Jesus spoke about Hell almost twice as much as he talked about Heaven. The Book of Revelations is all about the horrors of Hell and what happens when you approach the throne without a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

In Revelations 21:5-8, it reads:

Then He who sat on the Throne and said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are truthful and faithful."
And He siad to me, "Itis done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. He who overcomes shall inherit all things and I will be His God and he shall be my son. But the cowardly, the unbelieving, abonimable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolators and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second Death.

Mark 9:48, Matthew 13: 42, 50, Revelation 20, Luke 16:23, Matthew 25: 41, 46, John 3:17-18.

Those are just a few places that speak of Hell. It also spoken about in the Old Testament as well.

Don't tell them about Hell. Why not? Jesus did.

You want to sit and wait for people to come to you, that is fine. Me? I am going out into all the lands and spread the gospel. How are you going to get a harvest from your seeds if you do not go out and spread some seeds?

I am not mad at people for ganging up on Dave and I really do not care if people get mad at me for trying to spread the good news. Paul went to jail for it and Jesus was put to death for it.

Mad at me? I would rather have them mad at me for speaking the truth and trying to spread the news of God rather than have be friendly with me and then watch them go to Hell because I didn't try to plant a seed.

Of course people are mad at Dave and I. We are Christians and it goes with the territory.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #298642 03/12/07 05:02 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta
Then do not look at what he writes.

Yep, ok. Good point. smile

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #298691 03/12/07 09:07 PM
Lynne - ChristianLiving Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:

isn't that a bit cruel?

I can only speak for myself. I know that God loved me and accepted me as I was - warts and all - but I was still destined for hell, even though I was a good mom and nice person, because I wasn't living according to His rules and hadn't accepted Christ's payment for my unholiness. I know He loves me because He sent someone to tell me about Christ.
God is holy and He can't live with the unholy. God is perfect. I was far from perfect and can never be, on my own. I believe everyone lives for eternity. I want to live with God for eternity. That's what accepting Christ does for me.

------
And back to the original question. I often wonder how anyone can doubt that there is God. It seems to me that He is showing Himself everywhere.

Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #298727 03/13/07 01:34 AM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
Thank you, Amadeus. That is why we are here.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #298736 03/13/07 02:26 AM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
You are very welcome, Dave. The Warriors in the Army of Christ have to stand together to defeat the enemy and the demons that he sends out into the world and to try and save the lost souls that don't know Him.

I also have a praise report.

Our second night of the drama, "Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flames" happened tonight and so far in the two nights, we've had over 120 people come to the Lord and we still have two nights to go. It is so awesome to see God working like He is.

Lynne, very well put. Thank you for that. Just like Christ sent someone to her, He has sent us to Alexandra, Pondlady, Skeptic and the others as well. I cannot force them to accept Christ as their Savior nor would I want to, but if they don't accept Him before the Day of Judgment, they will not be able to stand before the Throne and say, "Jesus, I am sorry, but no one told us about you and your love."

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #298908 03/14/07 01:36 AM
BiblBasixEditor Offline
Gecko
Gecko
Quote:
Jenna, you wait for people to come ask you about the Bible or God?...You want to sit and wait for people to come to you, that is fine. Me? I am going out into all the lands and spread the gospel. How are you going to get a harvest from your seeds if you do not go out and spread some seeds?

Well obviously not.... Have you ever read some of my articles that I have written (with God's help) for the Bible Basics site? I think people forget there's a whole webzine associated with this forum... smile

I like to think that what I write goes out to the masses. It's my platform. God gave it to me and I value it. I appreciate when readers give me feedback, good or bad. It means that God has lead someone to read what He has lead me to write.

Being a writer is the true motivation for being a part of this forum. I write articles first and then I participate in the forum. Sometimes the forum takes over and sometimes the articles do.

When I said I sit and wait I meant that I don't follow people around (too much). I've built a position here. I am consistant. People know what to expect from me. I value that. God gave that to me.

Jenna Robinson
Re: God [Re: BiblBasixEditor] #298939 03/14/07 04:29 AM
babak Offline
Gecko
Gecko
but I was still destined for hell

Hi Lynne
Isn't so easy to become qualify for entrance to hell I think. Beside as I see you haven't been eligible for it still, so suggest you to work hard if you want to gain this privilege!
Be success

Re: God [Re: babak] #299001 03/14/07 09:01 AM
T
texasdave7 Offline
Shark
Shark
T
Jenna,
That is fine but we are running out of time. Even if the rapture doesn't happen for another thousand years the world will end within your lifetime. How can I say that? Because when you die, for you, the world will end. That doesn't give you much time for you to do your Father's work. None of us have much time, including the lost we are trying to reach. We must come out from under our churches and articles ( which are all good by the way) and reach out to the lost even if they reject the Gospel. Jesus hung out with sinners and so must we. We cannot wait until they come to us.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #299120 03/14/07 04:23 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
That is so true, Dave. I for one do not want to stand at the Throne and and answer God if he asks me why I didn't reach out to people.

I don't want to say, "Sorry Father, but I was waiting for them to come to me. In fact, Father, I was told on Bella Online not to spread the Word because they were offended when I did."

Not me, Brother. I will continue to spread the Word because I would rather do that and be ridiculed than not do it and possibly be cast into the Lake of fire.

Jesus died for me. This is the very least that I can do for Him.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: babak] #299129 03/14/07 04:59 PM
Lynne - ChristianLiving Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
Beside as I see you haven't been eligible for it still, so suggest you to work hard if you want to gain this privilege!
Be success

babak,
I'm sorry if you misunderstood. I said the I was destined for hell before I accpted Jesus. He paid the price. I have no worries now. I know where I'm going when I die. No amount of hard work will do what Jesus did for me.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #299322 03/15/07 08:54 AM
babak Offline
Gecko
Gecko
Lynne
Oh nice, some one paid the heaven fee instead you but for inform you about hell should know that, for hell you have to pay fee yourself!
Any way, I hope our connection won't disrupt there, because I guess rarely an experts/engineer of computer and internet will enter the heaven! lol

I heard a funny story long time ago.
"People of hell and heaven send message to God that, they willing to see another side.
God tell them for this reason, they have to build a bridge for connection, half with each party. Hellish people made their own in a week but another side no any action for thousands years.
God asked heaven people, why you didn't do your job. They answered, because no engineer had entered to heaven so far."

Re: God [Re: babak] #299399 03/15/07 01:54 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Babak,

Jesus paid the fee for both places so if you believe in Him, you are free to enter Heaven.

If you don't believe in Him then you are free to enter Hell and that is what will happen if you don't believe in Him.

Then it will be too late to choose where you want to go. Now it's not too late. Right now you can choose where you want to spend eternity.

He's coming back. Will you be ready?

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #301481 03/22/07 12:43 PM
aTeeDAZ Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
Shalom
The MIKVAH of G-d is REPENTANCE. Sincerely,AteeDAZ

be fitly blessed,
aTeeDAZ
Re: God [Re: aTeeDAZ] #301482 03/22/07 12:47 PM
aTeeDAZ Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba

Shalom

Clairification TESHUVAH is to repent to urn awy from sin. The Mikvah is the ceremonial baptism AND a MONTHLY cleansing for women. Those who are in ministerial authority say a Rabbi or a High Rabbi would also dedicate themselves TO the task set before them by a total immersion in water as wellNothing between them and G-d. How wonderful an opprtunity FAILY for anyone to renew visoon hope and life in grace and forgiveness.

Blessings,ateedaz@inorbit.com

be fitly blessed,
aTeeDAZ
Re: God [Re: aTeeDAZ] #301489 03/22/07 12:58 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
If you were walking down your street, and you were passing a house which you knew belonged to people of a dubious nature...let' say the dad is a bit of a crook, the mum spends too much money, and occasionally is guilty of shoplifting.....the son does some drugs, and the daughter is a bit promiscuous....
Now, let's say you notice flames coming from an upstairs window. You see they're all in the sitting room.... would you warn them about the fire, or at least call the fire brigade...?

Anyone?

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #301626 03/23/07 02:03 AM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Of course, I would. I would warn them or at least call the fire department.

It doesn't matter if they are sinners or saints. If I was walking down a street and saw a house on fire and I had a chance to warn them, then it would be God placing me on that street at that exact time to be able to warn them as it wouldn't be their time to go. If it wasn't me, then He would have placed someone else there who He knew would warn them.

If it was their time to go, then they would have burned in that house and no one would have been able to do anything about it anyway.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #301706 03/23/07 10:22 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
Your faith in God is praiseworthy.

Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #301743 03/23/07 02:44 PM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
So in fact, you are better than God, in that case, aren't you?
You know that they are a family of dubious character. you know that they have not applied Jesus' teachings to their lives, yet you would save them from the ordeal of burning to Death, even if the pain were temporary.
God, on the other hand, according to you, would let them burn in Hell for an eternity, if they do not turn to him through jesus. So whilst God burns sinners, his followers save them.

Ergo, you are above the God you purport to worship. QED.

Doesn't look good on his CV, does it?

That's all I needed to know.

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #301925 03/24/07 01:12 AM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Did you even read my reply, Alexandra?

If God wanted those people to burn to death, then He would not have made sure I was on that street to warn them. If God wanted them to burn to death then He would set that house ablaze quickly.

Just because they were of dubious character, doesn't mean they wouldn't have turned their lives over to God after they were saved and if they did, God knew they would and that is why He would have put me on that street at that exact time to save them.

I, in no way, implied I was better than God because that would be impossible.

I was just fulfilling my Christian duty. Same with you. You haven't applied your life to the teachings of Jesus, you are not a Christian and if I was walking by YOUR house and saw that it was on fire, I would try to warn you as well.

Next time, read my reply thoroughly before you imply things.

Last edited by amadeus1220; 03/24/07 01:14 AM.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #301968 03/24/07 06:53 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
Are you saying that you would save anyone whether he/she is a christian or not? Any human being or any animal will get your help? If yes, what better?

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #302006 03/24/07 11:42 AM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Yes, I would save anybody or anything that was within my power to do so. It does not matter if they were a Christian or not. It could even be a murderer or a rapist or a mugger or any kind of blight on society.

If someone is in trouble or dire straits and I can help them I will do so.

Any human being or any animal or even if a plant needs watering, I will help if it is within my power as a mere mortal to do so.

Plus it isn't me trying to out do God either. If God wanted somebody dead, they would be dead and there is nothing that I nor anyone else could do to change or stop that.

If God doesn't want somebody dead, then He would arrange for me or someone else to be there to help or warn a person or people in danger.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #302014 03/24/07 12:31 PM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
Very well said.

Re: God [Re: texasdave7] #302068 03/24/07 05:53 PM
S
SandySpell Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
Exactly right Biblbasic, we yearn to be reconnected to Him and when we do connect spiritually how awesome it is. It is so tremendous it is hard to put into typed words.

In His Love,

Sandy

blog: BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #302147 03/25/07 02:54 AM
BiblBasixEditor Offline
Gecko
Gecko
Quote:
God, on the other hand, according to you, would let them burn in Hell for an eternity, if they do not turn to him through jesus. So whilst God burns sinners, his followers save them.

Wrong again Alex, those who CHOOSE to live in disobedience to God's Word burn THEMSELVES in the fire of hell.

Quote:
Mat 7:21-23 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works? And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness!

Luk 12:4-5 And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will warn you of whom you shall fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yea, I say to you, fear Him.

Luk 12:8-10 Also I say to you, Whoever shall confess Me before men, the Son of Man also shall confess him before the angels of God. But he who denies Me before men shall be denied before the angels of God. And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him. But to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven.

Luk 13:2-7 And answering, Jesus said to them, Do you suppose that these Galileans were sinners above all the Galileans because they suffered such things? I tell you, No. But unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were sinners above all men who lived in Jerusalem? I tell you, No. But unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. He also spoke this parable: A certain man had a fig-tree planted in his vineyard. And he came and sought fruit on it, and found none. And he said to the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig-tree, and find none. Cut it down, why does it encumber the ground?

So, hell is a reality for those who bring it on themselves. If one has been told about Jesus Christ and has inquired as to the mystery of salvation and REJECTED it, they are doomed. God determines that none should perish, but He gave us the right to choose. It's up to you....you WILL experience eternity.... where do you want to spend your forever?

So, everyone, don't come in here expecting to feel good all the time and only hear what tickles your ears. Sometimes it may smack you in the forehead. If your not comfortable hearing about hell and eternity, then perhaps it's because you've CHOSEN not to HEAR it. AND just because you've chosen to close your ears to the truth doesn't make it less true.

Jenna Robinson
Re: God [Re: BiblBasixEditor] #302163 03/25/07 04:28 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
Hi, Jenna,

I totally agree with you that religion is not always about feeling good. I myself believe that those who go against God's words go to hell. Trying not to hear the truth does not help. I am talking about my own religion- Hinduism. But I agree with you.
Ihave some observations-

We have believers and we have people who question them. The people who are questioning want to make the believers look like ignorant. The reverse is true. Those who think that they are very intelligent are the most ignorant.

Writing long text in a manner that only sounds good and makes no real sense to anybody is of no use at all. It is only an exercise of displaying one�s power of writing.

I feel that those who are not believers are more responsible for vitiating the whole atmosphere. They only keep trying to question the believers and provoke them. It is a game. The name of the game is- Oh, How I enjoy irritating these people.

I would say that such people are not mentally healthy, because they do not they do leave a believer alone.

Unncessary questions about proofs and so on are of no use.

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #302236 03/25/07 01:17 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Yes, but not all of the questions about proof are unnecessary. People could be asking questions because they are trying to understand what we are telling them about Jesus.

However, I do agree that some questions and statements are inane and are asked to see if they can get a rise out of us, but , you just have to rise above it and answer their question as if it was a real question and just ignore the obvious attempts to try and get us mad or frustrated.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #302379 03/26/07 04:31 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
What does the questioner get out of it? Only negative pleasure that has no relation with any spiritual upliftment?

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #302422 03/26/07 07:27 AM
Alexandra Offline
Zebra
Zebra
I just find it extremely sad that so many vibrant, intelligent, coherent people can put their faith blindly in a book with no credited author, that has undergone so many publications and re-writings, and has ultimately been produced as a means of controlling its followers through fear, not Love.
there is no encouragement in what you purport to preach, that permits question or argument. You insist on hanging on to something that is a possibility rather than a certaintly.

Faith is Hope in evening dress, and to me - To Me - whilst I truly think it admirable that your faiths are "unshakable", I feel it ultimately sad that you accept so much diatribe without question.
It's said that Humans are made in God's Image, which I think is totally the wrong way around. But if it is so, why stoop to be a copy?
You undervalue yourselves, you really do.

I'm done here.

Re: God [Re: Alexandra] #302804 03/27/07 07:54 AM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
To you it is a an uncertainty. To me and every other Bible believing Christian, it is a definite certainty.

These letters that we now call the Bible were written on three different continents, by forty different men and in three different languages over a period of 1600 years. How is it that they all meld together so nicely in one book?

Because it is the Word of God. I am saddened that your apparent destiny is the fiery pits of hell. However, I won't give up on you and will keep praying for you.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Re: God [Re: Vance - Crime Editor] #302806 03/27/07 07:58 AM
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf
Wolf
I think that it is time that Buddhist and christians stop their war on this forum. It is serving no purpose except vitiating the whole atmosphere.

Re: God [Re: Modern Woman] #303255 03/28/07 11:41 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
CDM, you are confusing war with debating. People make statements, other people respond to those statements. The aforementioned people don't like the responses to their statements and make statements to that effect. The aforementioned responders come back and respond to the statements that were made for or against their responses and it keeps going from there.

No war, just debates.

Yeesh, lighten up, will ya? smile

Last edited by amadeus1220; 03/28/07 11:42 PM.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Brand New Posts
Filling the storehouse
by Lynne - ChristianLiving - 05/30/20 12:57 PM
Who Do You Say He Is
by Lynne - ChristianLiving - 05/22/20 04:18 PM
When God Interrupts Your Plans
by Lynne - ChristianLiving - 05/21/20 12:50 PM
Mental Health Awareness
by Tuculia - 05/21/20 03:35 AM
Understanding Home Sewing Patterns
by Angie - 05/17/20 03:37 PM
2020: On this day . . .
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/17/20 11:05 AM
Skip the Calorie Counting
by Alice - Weight Loss - 05/15/20 03:15 PM
Moons of Mars - Facts for Kids
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/15/20 10:08 AM
Alaska - A State apart
by DebFrost - Alaska - 05/13/20 06:49 PM
Basic Brioche Stitches
by Korie - Folklore//Knitting/Yoga Editor - 05/12/20 07:00 PM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Channel List
Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Career
Computers
Education
Family
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Sponsor

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2020 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.