Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
#292998 02/16/07 01:00 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
smile

Just a little note to everyone since I had just posted the rules.

Just putting on my moderator hat for a few minutes

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Shark
Shark
T
Froggie,
Please take this discussion to the Christian forums. You can talk about other faiths there but not here. There is freedom of expression in the Christian forum.

Zebra
Zebra
Now you see?
You had to think of being sarcastic and a little bit pithy then, and you did it. You followed through.
I would say your heart had nothing to do with that retort.
you saw the response from Fiona, you took umbrage, and bit.

"We are what we think" .....And I think we were being a bit snipy there, don't you?

naughty naughty....

Last edited by Alexandra; 02/16/07 01:57 PM.
T
Shark
Shark
T
I was being truthful. This forum is intolerant of Christians, is it not? But wiccans can post in the Christian forums, can they not? I am not offended by that. I was just making note of reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a difference between discussion and pushing your beliefs on others. If you were inquiring about some aspect of Wicca, that would be one thing. Instead, you just regurgitate Christian dogma and text.

It's not that you can't post here, it's that you shouldn't judge and push your beliefs on others in a Wiccan space. If you want to talk about how great Christ is, go to the Christian forum. If you seriously want to learn about Wicca then this is the right place.

No one is judging you because you are Christian. They are judging you based on the manner that you express your Christianity. That is why you are getting hostility here.

#293136 02/17/07 01:34 AM
T
Shark
Shark
T
Hostility=intolerance.

E
Koala
Koala
E
There is a vast difference between respecting someone else's religious or spiritual beliefs and tolerating someone stepping on our freedom to feel safe and comfortable in a forum like this one.

Personally, I freely maintain my intolerance of many issues, from racism to proselytising. Tolerance is a Buddhist tradition and I am not a Buddhist.

Personally, I'm simply not interested in debating aspects of Christianity so you won't find me in the Christian forums despite your invitation to us and you won't find me discussing much about it here since I don't find it relevant.

But that's just me. Others may feel differently.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: lovelove
Hostility=intolerance.

I'm intolerant of anyone who won't make an attempt to open their mind about things. Especially when they are in the WICCAN forum. smile

#293365 02/18/07 01:11 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I have to agree with Elle that this has nothing to do with being intolerant of other faiths, it is about keeping this a safe forum for Wiccan discussion. I won't allow proselytising of ANY religion here.

As I have said before, if you want to talk about WICCA you are welcome here. If you want to talk about Christianity there are two other forums for that. Christian Living and Bible Basics.

No one here cares that you are Christian. They react to your attitude towards them. And frankly, you have belittled and attempted to discredit their beliefs,and tried to bait people into arguing with you, neither of which is very nice and it certainly isn't very tolerant.

And so this discussion is done. Any further offensive or hostile posts will be delete as will any posts attempting to get people to argue. I ask that if anyone sees a post like that, or feels like they are being baited into an argument please do not respond on the forum, if you feel that you need to respond, do it in a private message.

Thank you

Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.