Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Ginich Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Hi all, Mavis said there are a lot of very friendly and knowledgeable folks on this board so here we are! I have 3 tiels of my own, who are Hurricane Charley rescues ,and I'm active in Florida West Coast Avian Society(www.fwcas.org), too. My friend, Lynda,rescued 40+ birds during Hurricane Charley in 2004 and I helped with rehoming and ended up adopting 4 of them. They were all skinny apprehensive birds when we got them and we didn't want to feed them sunflower seeds to fatten them up. I came up with a unique recipe for BIRDIEBREAD� that is mostly organic and enthusiastically eaten by every bird we offer it to. Shortly after, we started giving it to Lynda's anorexic U2, Tyler and she started eating one every day. She is no longer anorexic. I also fostered two IRNs this year, at different times and now I help rehome the fids in our new rescue room. Then, I brought BIRDIEBREAD� to club meetings, became a vendor at the local bird fair. Now BIRDIEBREAD� has now morphed into an online business with customers in 15 states and 2 foreign countries! I am also a vendor a many of the bird shows and fairs in FL and will be expanding to GA and NJ this year also. (I have adult children that live there) Isn't it amazing where adopting 4 little tiels can lead?

[color:#993399] [b]GINI
FIDS-Charley,Cha-Cha,Ladybird-Cockatiels
Shrek,Quaker & Fiona,Maroon Bellied Conure
Dog-Annie Cats-Cosmo and Howi
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Koala
Koala
M
Hi Gini - welcome to the forum.

Sometimes its fairly quiet here and sometimes its hard to keep up with the conversations. Hope you'll join in as much as possible.

If you have a place to store photos online, you can post them here so we can see your birds. smile I guess you have them all in your avatar, but other photos would be nice too!

Last edited by Mavis - Editor, Birds Site; 02/10/07 04:54 PM.

Mavis
Ginich Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Originally Posted By: Mavis - Editor, Birds Site
Hi Gini - welcome to the forum.
post them here so we can see your birds. smile I guess you have them all in your avatar, but other photos would be nice too!

Thanks, Mavis. Actually, I have three tiels at home and the fids in my Avatar are either customers or Focus group members. Here are some pictures of my FIDs:
Charley of the Hurricane (the roof fell on his cage)

Cha-Cha,my lutino dancing boy(he had bloody nares when rescued)

Ladybird, who keeps both the boys hopping(she was blown outside into the trees)

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
hi, gratz on your rescue work.

you have some really cool tiels there!

i guess you wouldnt wanna post the recipe now would u smile

Ginich Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Thanks for all your kind words, Mavis and Philip! Your tiels are good lookin' birdies, too! Is there a thread where everyone posts pictures of their FIDs? Mavis, do you remember you picked Charley for a puzzle and a postcard from last year? cool

Well, Philip, while the actual recipe of BIRDIEBREAD� Cones & Muffins is trademarked, I'm happy to share some of the ingredients. Aside from the batter, I add organic orange juice from my trees or local grove (right now, I'm using Honeybell Tangelo or Ruby Red Grapefuit), organic eggs (no shells), sweet seed mash, wheatgerm, Omega 3 oil, flaxseed oil, calcium, Vitamin D, riboflavin, niacin.

In Veggie, there are chopped organic veggies, in Beanie, there are 20 different boiled beans (I mix), in Hot Pepper, there are 3 kinds of hot peppers. I'm testing adding Red Palm Oil to the batter with the Focus group this week. There is nothing in BIRDIEBREAD� that others couldn't do BUT my product is not a mix, it is the actual Homemade cones and muffins. This is a convenience for parronts with just a few fids or who are working and don't have time to bake or don't want to bake! They want to offer their fids a healthy, mostly organic treat that's fun,too. I provide that service and product for the fids of Indulgent Parronts, lol. Since I'm now in 15 states and 2 countries, it's working out pretty well.

If you or anyone else would like a copy of the February BIRDIEBREAD� newsletter, just PM me with your regular email cause the pdf is too large to upload here. In it, There's a Valentines Special for Red Hot Lovers and Studmuffins! End of shameless promotion, lol. grin

M
Koala
Koala
M
They are gorgeous birds Gini - thanks for letting us see them. Yes - I remember Charlie's picture for the puzzle & postcard. Its wonderful that you could take them in & give them a great home. smile

Last edited by Mavis - Editor, Birds Site; 02/11/07 11:26 PM.

Mavis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
thanks for that!

Ginich Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Happy Valentines Day to all. I know its over but I just wanted to share this cute picture of my friend's Quakers, Sora and Quinn, sharing a Beanie muffin for Valentine's Day!

Here's a pic of my own little Red Hot Lover, Ladybird, enjoying a Hot Pepper cone!

Ginich Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
If anyone is in SW FL, the Caged Bird Club of Charlotte County is having its Bird Fair at the Tentorium in Punta Gorda tomorrow from 9AM-4PM. There should be about 70 vendors there, including BIRDIEBREAD. Stop by my table and introduce yourself- It's fun meeting our virtual friends in person!

M
Koala
Koala
M
I wish I was close enough to go Gini. Hope you have a great day!

Mavis
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.