Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
jam717 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi! I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself and find out more about the community members. I do machine embroidery. I just started doing it about a year ago. I have lots of friends with children, so I like personalizing clothing with names and monograms.

Any other machine embroidery fans out there have some favorite websites to find designs and embroidery blanks?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
I do hand embroidery, but I found a page today with great free hand and machine embroidery patterns.
Sarah Bradberry's Embroidery and Sewing

Julie

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Jam

Sorry I haven't been here to welcome you - I've been away on a work conference (a week on a lovely sub-tropical island- go work!)

I'm a hand embroidery gal from way back. For me, part of my love of embroidery means that I can do it whenever I want, and it keeps my hands busy. (I'm a terrible fiddler!).

Julie - I love that site! Another one to add to the links on the main embroidery site

Megan McConnell
B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B
Hello!
I am pretty much new to all of this. I bought an Jamone embroidery machine not that long ago. I love it but the software is another story...lol..

I am having some problems with digitizing. I am learning it but very slowly.

I hope to read lots of post of digitizing because I have lots to learn..

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

p.s.
I do have the school logo for my daughter that I did digitize pretty well on my blog. Besides doing something simple I am having problems (and it takes forever.)
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Hello,

I'm a machine embroiderer. I've been a digitizer for almost 7yrs. I addicted to it LOL. My passion is creating quilt blocks for the embroidery machine by combinging my loves of paper-piecing, applique & my embroidery machine.

What do you like to stitch out mostly? Have you been making gifts?

Hugs,
Larisa

Larisa Bland, Digitizer & Pattern Designer
Embroidery: www.threadsthatbind.us
Quilting: www.sew-and-sews.com
L
L
Hello,
I did hand embroidery for five years, and now I'm switching from hand to machine. There is a lot to learn.
Christine

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I have been doing hand embroidary now for over 25 years. One of these days I am planning on buying me a machine so I can do some machine embroidery as well. Everybody better watch out, I will stitch a design on anything close to hand.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Christine - how is the learning to Machine embroider going?

And Lisa, I can't wait to see some of your work.

I also have a group of mad embroidery friends (yes, I'm one of them) who have a motto:

"If it stands still, embroider it. If it moves, nail it down and embroider it".

Megan McConnell
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I should take some photographs of some of it. I will post a link to them here when I get around to it.

B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B
What program are you using for digitizing? I have DNS and downloaded a free thing of Embird. I like Embird because it had a lot more to offer but it was so much for me to learn and I had only so many days with it.

Since I already spent my money on DNS and the magic box I figured I'd just try to play with that for a while. To be honest, it's just been sitting in my craft room for a while now (my husband just said something about it the other day too.. I should get back and try to learn the digitizing part more now.)

I did get a Sparten head (my kid's mascot) done and a star wars guy for my son. Although, the Star Wars guy turned out wrong because I put in the wrong colored thread at first (the machine tells you what to put in but I guess I just wasn't paying attention. I try to match the colors as best as I can but there are so many different colors that it's hard to have the right one.. Ok, maybe I should just say I wasn't really watching what I was doing..lol..)

For the holiday's this year I am embroidering some photo albums for my family. I haven't started just yet because I am packing and getting ready for a move to another state but once we get settled in that's my next project.

I have a lot to learn when it comes to digitizing and I know when I do something that I should start slow. The first project I tryed to do was a picture of my son on one of his horses, needless to say that didn't turn out (I think I was trying something a little too hard for my first project. Live and learn I guess...lol..)

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Megan M 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.