logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Hello and welcome to the new look Cycling forum here at BellaOnline!

As you can see that the forum is now even easier to use...

And also it's even easier to explore the other topic sites here at BellaOnline too!

So if you've not already done so, register a username now and you'll then be able to start posting in any of the topic forums! And don't forget to say hello here at the cycling forum too, I'd love to hear from you! Enjoy the site!

Last edited by BellaOnlineCycling; 01/28/07 07:29 PM.

Kaye Barnett
Cycling Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
P
I am new to cycling. Tried riding my husband's road bike and it was too big. So he bought me a Cannondale Quick Feminine 3. It is perfect for me. Now I need to overcome my fear of riding in traffic. Does anyone have any advice? I live in League City, TX.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Welcome PollySue!

I need this kind of help as well. I adore mountain biking and just don't enjoy road riding at all. I don't like cars around me. My boyfriend used to mountain bike ride with me but he adores road riding and now really wants to focus on that. Which means I have to get over my fears.

I also think I like the relatively slower pace of mountain bike riding, if I fall it's not at 40 miles an hour into traffic.

I would guess that the more you do, the more comfortable you get with it. Are there no bike trails you can ride near you? We do have some trails so I am going to try to get Bob to go on those with me as a compromise smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
S
S
I have to agree, getting used to riding in traffic can be nerve wracking, but it does get easier. To start with, you might try finding a bike path that runs beside a fairly busy road. Then you'd be able to get used to the road noise while still being safe.

As a second step, or first if the bike path isn't available, try a secondary road with little traffic. Remember to ride to the right side of the lane going in the same direction as traffic. Legally, you are a vehicle and have the right to be on the road. Don't ride so far to the side that you don't have room to move over if you need to, however.

You might also consider getting a mirror so you can see what's coming up behind you. They aren't perfect, but are better than nothing.

Keep working on it and you'll be zipping in and out of traffic in no time!

Sharry Miller
Cycling Website

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.