Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
bricore Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
B
I just thought I'd share my outdoor rugs with you all.

One morning I was feeding my horses and went to throw out the twine. I looked at the twine and thought it looked like yarn. So, I gave it a try. They make the best outdoor rugs. Your more then welcome to see a picture of them on my blog at
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Gecko
Gecko
D
Hi Dora!

Thanks for sharing about your twine rug. I love the ingenuity! At first I thought you had dyed it and then read more and discovered it was already that color. Very cool.

Hey - I have to say I love your rabbits - tooo adorable!

Donna

B
bricore Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
B
Thank-you. I really love how those rugs hold up. It's easy to do and it's free (and it works great as a rug.) Even if you don't have twine most people that have it will give some to you.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Hi Dora,
If you have any other projects that you've done, please feel free to share them, too. I love to see what others have done to make their homes beautiful, yet affordable.

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

B
bricore Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
B
Hello!
I love making things. I did just post a free pattern on my site for curry combs (they are used to brush animals.) Not really a home and garden thing but it's out of twine and really works well (I have a video on my site showing just how well it really works too.)
Right now I am making some pillows (easy to do type of pillows.) Once I get them done I'll post how it's done.
If, you want to check out the free pattern for the curry it's at

D
Gecko
Gecko
D
Hi Dora,
I don't know how I missed that you posted, again! Sorry about that. I'm afraid I had no clue what a curry comb was until I went to your site and saw your video for myself. You have a beautiful horse there! And, now I get the curry comb. wink

Thanks for writing and sharing about your projects. Did you finish your pillows, yet?

Donna

B
bricore Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
B
Hello!
The pillow project got put on the back burner so to speak. It's ready to be done. All I have to do is add whatever I am going to use to stuff it and sew it up. I have it the length I want but I set it down because I did a couple loom knit patterns for a couple different magazines.
I hope it's ok to post the link to the one..If, not please just go ahead and delete this. I did this little duck for this new magazine.

B
bricore Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
B
It took me a long time to get back to this project but I did it finally (the pillow.)

I posted about it here

D
Gecko
Gecko
D
Hi Dora - the duck is adorable! I just wanted to reach thru the screen and hold it! LOL

I like your pillow, too. Have you experimented with other colors? Seems like you always have a new project on the horizon.

Donna smile

B
bricore Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
B
Hello Donna,
I love trying new things (colors, materials, or whatever I can get my hands on.)
I just bought this little disk that you do Kumihimo braiding on. You can make tons of things with it (the thing I like most about it is that it's easy to learn.
I'd like to make some reins for my horses, a rug, and some tie backs. I did a little post on them. Your more then welcome to check it out here

D
Gecko
Gecko
D
Hi Dora!

Sorry - I missed this post. I just read your blog and love the look of that suede yarn! I am not crafty that way at all, but I absolutely adore suede and had no idea you could get it in a yarn. My yarn experience goes back to my 7th grade Home Ec class...knit one pearl two...or something like that! LOL I made a yellow chicken with felt wings. LOL

Hey - I was thinking that you could make some really pretty fringe or trimming on pillows, slipcovers, lampshades, etc. using that technique. Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing!

Please keep your projects coming. You always have such creative ideas!

Donna smile

B
bricore Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
B
Thanks Donna,
Right now I have been playing with milk. Ok, I know that sounds funny but it's what I have been doing.
I took milk and made it into a plastic LIKE type of material. I am using them for beads on some projects my daughter and I are doing. Here you can see that post
BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

D
Gecko
Gecko
D
Hi Dora,
Thanks for stopping in! It's good to hear from you. You sound inventive, as usual. I would love to see some pics of your rabbit hutch when you paint it. I love the look of milk paint, but have never used it. It looks wonderful on older furnishings. I've seen it a lot on farmhouse/country styles.

Donna

Last edited by Donna _Budget_Decor; 09/08/07 05:40 PM.

B
bricore Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
B
Hello Donna,
I'll get some pictures up on it here soon. It looks pretty good. I'll try to get the pictures up this week (I'll come back here and let you know.)
The new thing I am going to try now is dyeing my angora wool with the blackwalnuts that fall off my trees. Right now I am saving them up. We will see how that goes. I don't like messing with my angora too much but it'll be neat if it works.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

D
Gecko
Gecko
D
Hi Dora, how's it going with the walnuts? What do you do with your angora wool?

Donna smile

B
bricore Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
B
Hello Donna,
The walnut project has been going great! I just posted some pictures the other day of it (I don't have all the pictures up just yet but you can see how I went about doing the project pretty well.)
Here is the address for it

D
Gecko
Gecko
D
That sounds really creative, Dora. Are you keeping the angora natural or dying it? An angora afghan must be very comfy.

I love your little "bun buns"! The pics are too cute. smile

Donna smile

B
bricore Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
B
Hello Donna,
Both. Most of it is natural but I am going to dye some of the parts of it (dark down.) Right now all of it for that afghan is natural.
I agree the bunnies are cute. If, I had more time I think I would have a few more but with the goats (which we milk and make our cheese from a good part of the time), horses, and chickens it doesn't leave a lot of time for the extra stuff. The bunnies I brush and pluck during the day and at the end of the night I card and spin one day. Then the next day I knit what I spun the night before. I am really slow at it so I am guessing at least a few months for me to get done with it (if I get lucky and get it done that fast..lol..)
It doesn't help that we are in the middle of house hunting down in Alabama from Ohio right now. So, if we get a long weekend we go down to house hunt. Hope to find something we like here soon.

Great talking with you!

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

D
Gecko
Gecko
D
That afghan must feel so soft.

Good luck with the house hunting! That's a tough job these days! I hope you can find something soon.

Donna smile

B
bricore Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
B
Hello Donna,
Just wanted to stop by and say hello. We opened up a new company down South (Alabama) and moved here (from Ohio!) So, it's been hard to get on the computer and post anything during this last few months.
Well I wont write much but I wanted to let you know I was back reading all of the post under Budget Decor!

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

p.s.
We have pines at our new place. I have been reading that you can make baskets with them. I haven't giving it a try yet but I am sure sometime in the future I will. I am going to see if anyone on here has any tips on how to start doing it. Take care!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.