Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
I
C'mon ladies, let's hear the islands that you will be traveling to this year. And if you haven't decided yet, let us know and one of us that have been there will let you in on some local island scoop.

Victoria
Island Travel Host
IslandTravel@BellaOnline.com

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I
I
Ok, just got back yesterday from Oahu, Kauai, and Lanai. Heading soon to Isla Mujeres, Cozumel, and Isla Holbox; and later to Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic.

V
via Offline
V
Quote:
Ok, just got back yesterday from Oahu, Kauai, and Lanai. Heading soon to Isla Mujeres, Cozumel, and Isla Holbox; and later to Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic.

Islander: IM, Coz, & IH are all in Mexico, right? I glanced at your website and your approach to travel sounds very interesting. I love the idea of getting to know the locals from an insider's perspective. This is really hard to do if you're traveling alone and don't speak Spanish fluently, but it's what can make travel and intercultural experiences so special. I do have some questions regarding dance experience needed,etc. and will be sending you and email shortly.

I
I
Quote:
Quote:

Islander: IM, Coz, & IH are all in Mexico, right? I glanced at your website and your approach to travel sounds very interesting. I love the idea of getting to know the locals from an insider's perspective. This is really hard to do if you're traveling alone and don't speak Spanish fluently, but it's what can make travel and intercultural experiences so special. I do have some questions regarding dance experience needed,etc. and will be sending you and email shortly.

Via, thanks for looking. I agree with you in regards to speaking the language as a means to understanding the local way of life. The best travel memories I have all have to do with hanging out with the locals and them sharing their home towns with me. Many of the friendships I've made traveling this way have lasted for decades and, I trust, will last a lifetime. This is exactly the type of experience that I want to share with others (especially with women who may have an even harder time traveling alone). It's also the reason why I do only very small groups and why we stay away from the busloads of tourists.

As far as dance experience, my trips are for those interested in learning. Though I grew up dancing (my mother's family is Cuban and dancing was mandatory;)), many of the dances we learn are folk dances and they vary greatly throughout Latin America, so most of them are still new to me also. The dance schedules are active (a dance class every other day with optional outings at night) but not demanding.

I hope this answers your questions but feel free to email me any others.

C
C
I would like to visit the islands of hawaii,bahamas,
and maybe mexico or the us virgin islands

Shark
Shark
Well, i have been seeing all of these Bahamavention commercials on TV, so it is making me want to take a vacation to one of the Bahama islands. Has anyone ever been? Which islands would you recommend? The commercials make methink i am in need of a bahamavention, LOL!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My first love is the San Juans. I even had a condo there for several years. I would live there if it were not so very expensive. It is the playground of the rich and you can see why if you ever visit. It's difficult to get there from New Orleans where I am. A plane to Seattle, WA, drive north to Anacortes, WA, wait for a ferry. When you get on the ferry, troubles and stress suddenly vanish and about an hour later the ferry deposits you at the Spring Street landing in Friday Harbor. San Juan Island is one of a group of many islands between Vancouver Island, BC and Washington State. Ferries service most of them, but some are accessible only by airplane. I suspect the San Juans just might be some of the prettiest pieces of real estate in the world.

Jan Goldfield

Gecko
Gecko
I would like to see Malaysia this year but a bit care of birdflue.

C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
I prefer to go in the offseason to the outislands in the Bahamas vs. the tourist traps. The experience is much more personal. You have an opportunity to really get to know the hotel owners and to interact with locals. The Cove is a hotel in Eleuthera, Bahamas, with 2 private beaches, excellent snorkeling, no TVs in the rooms, which really gives you a chance to spend time with your partner (no golf either). You can Google their web site, it may be www.thecove.com You can ride a bike into town and interact with local people, very friendly and warm. You can rent a car and explore the island. There's usually a neighborhood fish fry at least once a week somewhere on the island, like a block party with food and music. Excellent place to go by yourself as a woman and to find your peace. There are no locks on the doors, but you won't need them. There may be locks at other hotels. Happy exploring!

C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
The Cove web site isBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.