logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#287685 01/14/07 01:16 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Far too often people chase happiness as if it is something that can be bought or found. People believe �when I lose the weight i'll be happy�, �when I get married i'll be happy�, �when I get a raise i'll be happy�.

The problem with timelined happiness is that you just limit yourself to being happy at that moment in time which you have targeted. Instead of timelined happiness let yourself be happy everytime you are doing something that moves you toward your goal or better yet, just let yourself be happy.

Happiness is all about rules. We are only happy when our happiness rules are met. The odd part is that we set our own rules. The problem is that most people don�t set their own rules, they let their peers, family and society set their rules for happiness. If you haven�t noticed by now these people don�t always have your best interests in mind, nor do they have a clue about what should make you happy

What has to happen for you to be happy?

What if your new rule was to be happy each time you blinked, breathed, or moved your hand? Then you would have to be happy all the time, wouldn�t that be terrible?

If you found out that you won the lottery 99% of you would be happy, not happy because the lottery made you happy. Happy because you allowed yourself to be happy, because your personal rules state that if you win the lottery then you get to be happy.

Life does not have to change to make you happy, your mind has to change to make you happy

www.TheMillionairesBlog.com
Whether you think you can, or you cant, your right
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
Finding happiness I found is finding your purpose, your passion and expanding in it. I read a great book, "Finding your sweet spot" that was wonderful. Another is "Your Best Life Now".

We all have a purpose, that is why we are all "unique" and created individually.

Another thought, I journal everyday and write what I am grateful for - it truly makes you relize how special life is and you are. It makes you see what else you can be happy for.

God Bless, Sandy

www.weightlossgodsway-faith.com

Shark
Shark
you really need not be complete to be happy

J
Koala
Koala
J
I totallly agree that happiness is within not without. If you depend on external things to be happy or put it off until a certain thing happens, this isn't true happiness.

If you feel the emotion of happiness, you will attract more reasons into your life to be happy.

Hi Everyone,
These days I'm choosing to be happy. Before I made this choice I was happy if certain conditions were met. You know the type of thing...... a nice sunny day, the weekend and a day off work!
Christmas Day has always been a really happy day for me. After this Christmas I thought why can't I be this happy every single day. I couldn't see any reason why not so I decided to be happy every day from now on. I've left my favourite santa ornament out on display just to remind me to make every day feel like a Christmas Day.
Be Happy for no reason at all! It's nice!

Love
Sparkler

www.abundantliving4all.com

Last edited by sparkler; 01/19/07 12:51 AM.

Love Sparkle
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: sparkler
Hi Everyone,
These days I'm choosing to be happy. Before I made this choice I was happy if certain conditions were met. You know the type of thing...... a nice sunny day, the weekend and a day off work!
Christmas Day has always been a really happy day for me. After this Christmas I thought why can't I be this happy every single day. I couldn't see any reason why not so I decided to be happy every day from now on. I've left my favourite santa ornament out on display just to remind me to make every day feel like a Christmas Day.
Be Happy for no reason at all! It's nice!

Sparkler,

This is SOOO wonderful! I received an angel ornament this year that I decided to keep out as a reminder for myself! Christmas was wonderful, and I love the thought of keeping that feeling going all the year through.

Hugs!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.