logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
Hi! Some of you might know from reading some of my other posts that I had a miscarriage in August. Hubby and I were going to wait a few months to try again. Started my period on Sep. 16. Absolutely sure of it b/c it was the weekend before our 1 year anniversary. And the period actually came about four weeks after the miscarriage was through. We decided not to "dance" for the next few weeks b/c I wasn't trying to get preg. again so soon b/c I know they say you should wait. Well, about 5 or six days after my "peak fertility" days, we thought it would be safe. Didn't think much of it, though slight possibility of getting pregnant, like maybe 20%, and was pretty sure of my ovulation. Had all the typical signs when I thought I was ovulating. Well two weeks later, no period. Took a test negative. Another week, took another test, positive. Kept taking tests, and they kept being positive and getting darker everyday. Didn't go to the doctor, till I would have been eight weeks. And I didn't even count it from my last period. I counted from my I would have guessed my conception date, which would have been Oct. 5 or 6. When I went to the doctor though, he told me I wasn't even eight weeks yet, I was six weeks and some change. He calculated it and according to the size of the baby, I conceived on Oct. 13 which was only 3 or 4 days before my next period was due. Pregnancy is fine, now I'm 11 weeks and everything is going great. And they act like your fertility window is so small. That's all I ever hear from doctors. About how hard it can be to conceive b/c of how small it is. So that shows that those "peak days" in the middle of your cycle is not always right. I wish science could explain that to me.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
R
Hi there,

When we were trying to conceive our last child (first 2 were quite easy and we didnt need to count days) I struggled to find info to help me pinpoint my ovulation time. I have a 36 day cycle and all the material you read tells you that you ovulate 14 days before your period is due - wrong for me!!! It wasnt until I started the mucus check that we discovered I ovulate 7 days before my period is due - go figure. We are all so unique in our own ways. Good luck with the pregnancy!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.