logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Is it possible for a man and a woman to just be friends without feeling sexually attracted to each other? In the movie, "When Harry Met Sally" the answer was no.
What do you think and why?

"Allow your dreams to become your plans."

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
Author and Relationship Writer
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Well, I have male friends. I am not attracted to them, and as far as I know they are not attracted to me. Of course it's possible for a male and female to be friends without being sexually attracted to eachother. Just because your friend is of the opposite sex does not mean that there has to be sexual attraction involved. Although, in some cases one could be attracted to the other, and the other not. It depends on who it is.

Do you have male friends you are not attracted to?

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I do have male friends and I consider them like brothers.

"Allow your dreams to become your plans."

Kristen

Kristen Houghton
Author and Relationship Writer
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Wolf
Wolf
I believe that this is difficult. I have seen many cases. But they should look good, because lust is fanned by beauty.

M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
I like that: 'lust is fanned by beauty'. I suppose there's a degree of truth in that alright!
I haven't had male friends for a very long time. When i was young, free and single i had loads of them. Some of them were old boyfriends, some were just plain old friends, some were relatives of friends. I loved the different approach that they had to friendship, and always valued their advice. No deep analysis, just a 'tell it like it is' approach.
I think it is possible for men and women to be friends; just so long as both of them accept that friendship is all that's on the menu. And if one or both change their minds at any time, then they can renegotiate like any other type of relationship.

Shark
Shark
I absolutely adore my male friends! I was friends with my husband for 16 years before we got married. We've been married for over a year, and I'm still in touch with 3 of my past male friends, who live in different cities (so it's just monthly emails, and visits every couple of years). I love my girlfriends, too -- for a whole different set of reasons.

In "When Harry Met Sally", they were attracted to each other, they had sexual chemistry. That chemistry isn't active in every friendship which leads me to believe we can just be friends. I think it depends on the people and their circumstances, too.

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Quote:
In "When Harry Met Sally", they were attracted to each other, they had sexual chemistry. That chemistry isn't active in every friendship which leads me to believe we can just be friends. I think it depends on the people and their circumstances, too.

That's a good way of putting it!

Shark
Shark
I have several male friends, always did in school and do now. Hubby has no problem with it, there is nothing going on and never will. I love all my friends and am glad for all of them.

Wolf
Wolf
Can you be as open with your male friends as your female ones?

I have great friendships with both my male and female friends. We just act like brothers and sisters. There is no sexual attraction present at all. I find that it does not particularly matter whether they are female or male. If I am comfortable with them, I will generally be more open with them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.